“Little Fountains”

Coach House Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dulcote
Coach House Bed and Breakfast
London, United Kingdom
“Little Fountains”
Reviewed 12 July 2013

We stayed at Little Fountains while working at Glastonbury Festival. From arrival to departure, it was a lovely experience. The surroundings are idyllic, the accommodation incredibly comfortable and the owner was so friendly and welcoming. The self-catering breakfast was of a very high standard and we were left in peace for the duration of our stay. I will definitely be staying here again, be it during Glastonbury 2014 or just for a short break. The highest of recommendations from me

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Robert C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
West Sussex
Reviewed 14 June 2013

We were greatly disappointed following our stay at the Coach House, Dulcote. According to the description of the property on the website this is luxurious B&B. Sadly this was not our experience having stayed their for three nights. The problems we encountered were numerous, but just to name a few, upon arrival at the agreed time there was no one to meet us, we were kept waiting outside for over an hour. We tried phoning the owners house and mobile numbers but no reply. I left a message but received no response. We gained access from the owner’s friend who immediately demanded full payment in cash, very unfriendly. We were told that the fridge would be filled up with food. She then returned with a very small amount of breakfast food purchased from the local Morrison's. The breakfast items were certainly not organic or locally sourced. The bacon was from a value multi-pack and very poor quality, a tiny supermarket loaf of bread and two bottles of apple juice were suppose to be enough for three people for B&B for three nights. The items on the webpage were not included i.e. Croissants and yogurts. A small pack of supermarket mushrooms was supposed to be enough for 9 breakfasts. The food in particular was poor quality, very insufficient and represented very poor value. This establishment charges top B&B rates and is really no more than self-catering accommodation. The bedding we believe had not been changed from the last guests, it was stained and had paint over some of it, not what you expect from a supposedly luxurious B&B. The face towels were again stained. The loo and microwave were particularly dirty as were some of the kitchen utensils. The advertised availability of free Wi-Fi at the accommodation was rather a joke as it was virtually non-existent. All in all, if you are looking for poor value, dirty accommodation and a shortage of food items for your breakfast, this is the place to stay. We as a family would never return and certainly never recommend this B&B to others.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
10 Thank Pamela D
CoachHouseBandB, Owner at Coach House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
Dear Pamela, I am so sorry to hear that you had a bad experience staying at the Coach House.
I apologise profusely. It matters a lot to me that visitors enjoy their stay at the Coach House
If i may explain some of the circumstances and respond to your criticisms...
The first problem occured, totally my fault - i muddled up your arrival day and was at the time was away in Cornwall with virtually no reception, hence i didn't get your message immediately (you booked the week before while i was already away - no excuse but you somehow didn't make it into my book). I eventually managed to contact the lady who helps me with the housekeeping to come and see you in. There starts the catalogue of disasters you encountered as she had to rush out and shop for you. Our fridge is always filled with goodies that are sourced locally from either the farmers market or farm shops or organic from the supermarket.
Croissants are usually in the freezer and yoghurt is usually Yeo Valley, as is the butter. Normally the breakfast supplies are very generous and provide for full english and continental breakfast choices. I'm so sorry that you didnt have enough for your stay - i wish you had told me you were uphappy while you were here. I would have done everything in my power to put things right.
The bedding is top quality cotton and i absolutely promise you would have been freshly cleaned and ironed. I noticed the paint mark on one of the duvet covers in the twin room too and it is one of our old house spares. The lady who saw you in is fairly new to working for me and she has not got used to my very high standards. Normally i am there and ensure that everything is done to exacting standards that i would like to enjoy myself.
We have improved the wifi very recently
I realise that you have said that you don't want to return but if you ever decide that you would like to come again please come as my guests for a couple of nights and i would like to show you our best side.
Sincere apologies again. Karen
Frankfurt
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We had a wonderful 10 day break staying at the coach House, Dulcote / Wells. On arrival Karen was very welcoming and gave us much information and help. The coach house was spotlessly clean with lovely decoration and spacy rooms. The breakfast was placed in our fridge in our own kitchen so you could also sleep longer if you wanted and be on your own, more a relaxed version of a B&B.

Karen had fantastic suggestions where to eat and also allowed me to play with her dog! The garden hens produced eggs for breakfast and we also had a own parking area. We could change the heating temperature and timing on our own which was great as well.

We used this place to drive around to different locations with our Overseas Visitors pass and the heritage pass. It is a perfect place to relax, to come back and to calm down.

Thanks a lot Karen for this perfect stay!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank FrankfurterFrankfurt
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dulcote
Best Western Plus Swan Hotel
Ancient Gate House Hotel
The White House
The White House
#1 of 1 in Dulcote

Been to Coach House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!