“Excellent”
Review of The Cat Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in West Hoathly
The Cat Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 West Hoathly B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Went for lunch yesterday with friends after being recommended it. We weren't disappointed. The food, service and ambience were all great. A little on the pricey side for a pub lunch, but worth it for the occasional treat. We will definitely go again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Grahambear

Reviewed 4 March 2014

From the warm welcome from Andrew, to the great food and beer are fantastic. The rooms which my colleagues and I stay in for business are delightful and top quality. The best find in the south east. Shush........ Brian

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Brian M
Reviewed 3 March 2014

This is a regular haunt of ours and we count ourselves lucky to have such a high quality establishment in easy reach of home. The food is always tasty, fresh and beautifully cooked. It takes account of the seasons too so the menu changes to reflect seasonal produce. If there is nothing to tempt us on the specials board the main menu provides some delicious choices.
We have visited with friends and family and even used it as the venue for a special celebration.
The staff are unfailingly pleasant and helpful - nothing is too much trouble. I would highly recommend The Cat Inn but don't expect to turn up and find a table, it is always best to book.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We ate at the cat this evening after a recommendation from a friend . The menu on the website looked great and I was looking forward to my meal. We were the first customers in the restaurant so pick of the tables, however understandably all tables were reserved after asking to move away from our allocated table (by the door) to another our only option was next to the toilet door which being early in the evening there was a lot of coming and going to a staff storeroom which must have been next to the toilet.
We just ordered a main meal as I fancied dessert rather than a starter. The food we ordered came out quickly and visually looked lovely. My husband ordered the liver I had the steak and mushroom pie. Whilst the food was absolutely delicious there was not enough of it. We both had 1 carrot. 1 sprout and some cabbage... the cabbage was lovely though ...more veggies would have been nice.
We also ordered a chocolate brownie to share.. Again, possibly on the small side, but delicious!
In my opinion it was a lovely meal but an expensive meal for the portions given. I certainly don't have an issue paying more for a meal that is delicious and is a good portion that does not leave me hungry afterwards.
Would I recommend the cat.. Yes the food was excellent but it would come with a caveat of pricey for the portion size.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2014

My partner and I spent Valentine's night at the Cat Inn and it was absolutely excellent - I honestly couldn't fault it.

The pub is quaint and full of character as is the accommodation and the food was second to none. The service was also absolutely outstanding. I would definitely return and would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending this place to others.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2014

It's a local gem and we have been going there for many years, in fact going tomorrow night! The food is always tasty and interesting with quality local produce and the prices do reflect this. They have a good selection of pub classics, which have been 'gastro'd' up as well as specials on the board including game and seasonal produce. They have a good wine list (and other half and dad always enjoy a Harveys) and the waitresses are always friendly too.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank natraliam
Reviewed 19 January 2014

It's the second time we went to the Cat in 6months. Most of the time, you get deceived when r we turning after a perfect meal. Our second visit was even better. Great food, funny and intelligent service, nice beer and a very good ambiance.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank DanielCH

Been to The Cat Inn? Share your experiences!