“exceptionally nice outdoor activity!!!”

Ballooning in Tuscany
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Montisi
More attraction details
Owner description: Hot Air ballooning in Tuscany, experience the magic of flight. Hot Air Ballooning tours over Tuscan valleys, hill-top towns, castles, and vineyards. Fly in a hot air balloon in Tuscany from Montisi near Pienza and Montepulciano or Siena and see this magical region from a unique perspective with Ballooning in Tuscany,
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Moscow, Russia
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“exceptionally nice outdoor activity!!!”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

It was just spectacular! One of be best things i've tried in tuscany!
It is not so cheap but it worth every penny!!!!

1 Thank MaD_YeTTi

• Polish first
Lewisburg, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Birthday Ride to Remember”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Four of us who were staying in Montisi for two weeks booked a ride with “Ballooning in Tuscany” to celebrate my 70th birthday. Booking the event was painless, thanks to good communications from Maryse and the ease of paying via PayPal. We received confirmation information the evening before our flight with clear explanations of when and where we were to report for our sunrise flight. Viewing the hills of Tuscany from a hot air balloon is an experience I shall never forget! The balloon that transported us to this fanciful vantage point was a Cameron – the Rolls Royce of hot air balloons. Before taking off, our pilot, Chris, provided the passengers with an orientation regarding the safety features of the balloon and the basket, making us all feel exceptionally safe. Gently floating above the fields of the soft, light green of olive trees and the darker green grape vines, interspaced with the beiges of fields of harvested wheat reminded me of my great grandmother’s quilts. WHAT A TREAT! At one point during the flight, Chris displayed his piloting expertise by pivoting the basket 360 degrees to provide his passengers with a PERFECT photo op. Throughout the flight, he balanced quiet observation time with commentary that allowed us to learn about the land over which we were floating. His piloting skills and his knowledge of the region is impressive. At intervals, I saw his ground crew knowledgeably tracking us so they were properly positioned when we landed. This was my third trip in a balloon (the others were in central Pennsylvania) and Chris’s skill at landing his craft was noteworthy – hardly a bounce! Our flight was followed by a champagne breakfast, complete with fresh fruit, cheeses and meats, pastries from the bakery in Montisi and a BIRTHDAY CAKE. What a wonderful celebration!

1 Thank Nancy W
Trondheim, Sor-Trondelag, Norway
3 attraction reviews
“Wonderful sunrise!”
Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

My 10 year old daughter and I caught an early morning balloon flight from Montisi to photograph the wonderful val d'orcia under the rising sun. It couldnt have been more perfect. Everything from booking and the phonecall with details the day before to the breakfast after landing was highly professional and personal at the same time. If you want a memory for life, do this. Worth every penny!

Sao Paulo
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Amazing experience... even for an acrophobe!”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I would never have guessed that this could be so wonderful.

Great scenery, great service, lovely food and drinks towards the end!

Chepstow, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“One Word Amazing”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

After receiving a Balloon ride for Christmas as soon as the weather broke I couldn’t wait to book my flight of fantasy, after looking at the British departure points on line a flash popped up and suggested Tuscany to me there was no question so for a small supplement on top of the voucher price I proceeded to upgrade my experience, After speaking with the Virgin call centre the tickets were changed and we were immediately contacted by one of the Team in Italy.
We decided to make a long weekend of things and started off in Pisa and made our way to Montisi the next day ready for our flight on Sunday morning, after arriving in Monisti at lunchtime and expericesing the charm, beauty and of course wonderful pasta at La Romita we couldn’t wait to be blown up into the skies above to enjoy it even more.
We stayed in Palazzo Brandano this was only a short 9 minutes drive from the well sign posted Balloon launch field so at 5.15am Sunday Morning we made our way to the spot and were greeted by Claire and Chris and a group of egar helpers ,Chris went up the Hill to make sure the conditions were correct to fly and next minute the Big red and white Balloon was towering above us ,” Up Up and Away “ and off we went ,you have to do it yourself to feel the emotion it’s breathtaking, silent and so calm (except for the blowing of the gas )
The flight lasted an hour expertly flown by Chris who flew us over this most picturesque region of Italy we spotted Otters ,Deer’s and rabbits ,it was wonderful Chris was full of information, we then looked for a freshly cut field and landed smoothly to be greeted by Claire and a Tuscan style picnic Champers and all .
A most enjoyable experience my only regret is that it was over so quickly you will remember forever Thank you for looking after us x

1 Thank mike_tay