“Brilliant place to start our holiday.”
Review of Noosa Lakes Resort

Noosa Lakes Resort
“Brilliant place to start our holiday.”
Reviewed 13 March 2013 via mobile

I am surprised to read some of the not so good reviews here as me and my husband stayed for 3 nights here in February at the start of our travels and so we could visit Fraser Island and we loved it. I am extremely fussy about cleanliness, my husband says obsessively so, and I could not fault our apartment - it's was absolutely spotless. The kitchen had everything in it you could possibly want and we had a room overlooking the pool. The pool was clean and heated and it was lovely to take a dip after a long day sightseeing. It is a short walk to the harbour which has some good places to eat and a short drive to main Noosa. I was so glad we had booked for 3 nights. In total during our trip we stayed at 11 different places and this was by far the cleanest and one of our top 3 hotels/apartments that we stayed in (and was not the most expensive either). We found the staff very helpful and friendly. We would definitely recommend it to others and would visit again if we are ver in Noosa.

Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Janet and Ian R
NSAMGER, Manager at Noosa Lakes Resort, responded to this review, 25 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to express your valued feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am so happy to hear that you found our rooms spotless and that they had everything you needed. The heated pool is definately a great place to wind down at the end of the day.

Once again thank you for your feedback, and I appreciate you recommending us others. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Resort Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 9 March 2013

We stayed 3 night here, and received the best service we have ever received. Staff are all friendly and happy to help. Rooms are spacious and clean. Absolutely no complaints at all! Well done Australis Noosa!

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near reception, there's a fridge cooler on the roof that rattles all night. Rooms at...
NSAMGER, Manager at Noosa Lakes Resort, responded to this review, 10 March 2013
Thankyou for taking the time to express your valued feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am so happy to hear that you received outstanding service from our staff. All feedback is taken very seriously as it helps to continually improve our services and facilities. Your tip about the fridge cooler is well noted.
Once again thank you for your review and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 7 March 2013

I won a 7 night holiday "in a fully equipped apartment at our 41/2 star resort located in Noosa on Queensland,s Sunshine Coast. Your self contained luxury apartment comprises balcony, fully equipped kitchen, laundry, television, DVD, undercover parking, and access to three large pools and barbarque facilities."......this is what was written on the gift voucher supplied by the accommodation agent given to the entity who purchased this as a first prize in a fundraiser. What a joke im sorry i would not call 1 old brown cord dirty sofa bed and a yukky old blue cord sofa with black arm rests as lounge furniture LUXURY nor the musty smell on entering the apartment, the extremely hard bed, holes in the blinds, mildew on curtain, smelly shower drain...we also had the smoke alarm beeping in the middle of the night for the first 2 nights ( fixed by agent) the diswasher not working on 3rd day (agent advised not repaired while we were there) and phone calls from a foreigner asking for a particular person every day/night. We put up with the extremely uncomfortable lounges?, bed and dining chairs for 5 days but decided to cut the holiday short and return to our home to rest our backs.....what a disappointment although the pool and grounds were very nice

NSAMGER, Manager at Noosa Lakes Resort, responded to this review, 10 March 2013
Thankyou for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are having trouble locating the room you stayed in in order to address the issues.

I would appreciate you contacting me and letting me know what room number you stayed in, or under what surname and dates, so that we may address these issues and hopefully give you a response as to what action we have taken.

All feedback positive or negative is taken very seriously as it helps to continually improve our services and facilities

I look forward to hearing from you.

Resort manager
manager.noosa@australishotels.com

Travellers are raving about these Tewantin hotels

Reviewed 3 March 2013

We stayed the weekend at the Australis Noosa Lakes Resort. We had a studio room. Rooms are good value for the price we paid. Nice balcony with table and chairs overlooking the garden and the water. It did have a road between the garden and the water but still I considered it a bonus to have the water view. My husband was not so keen on the road as it was a little noisy. The Noise did not bother me though. Good kitchenette in room with sink, microwave, electric over and hotplates. Small dining table and two chairs. Overall a nice room with everything we needed for a two night stay. There is also a washing machine and dryer in the hall just outside your door which you share with the upstairs unit.
The only thing I don't like at this hotel is that they advertise that one of the three pools is heated. All three pools were the same temperature. Freezing. It was too cold to swim so if one of the pools really had have been heated this would have been good, but they were not heated. We stayed at this hotel before in December a year or two ago and I remember the same problem then so I think they do not turn the heating on. There is no spa pool either. Did ask the man at the reception about the pool heating when we were leaving and he was taken by surprise I think and didn't know what to say. He said he would get the maint to check it. But I think they are just saving money by not turning the pool heating on.

Room Tip: Pool is not heated as is advertised and there is no spa pool
NSAMGER, Manager at Noosa Lakes Resort, responded to this review, 10 March 2013
Thankyou for taking the time to express your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am glad you found our rooms value for money. You were in one of the few rooms facing the river, but of course there is a road between us and the water.
Unfortunately, after your comments to the desk we found that our pool heater fan was not working, this was causing the motor to overheat and disconnect. The heaters are turned on all year round and the heated pool should be set at 30 degrees, although in the heat of summer this is reduced slightly. We never turn the heating off, and I am sorry that you have found this on both your visits.

I hope that we can welcome you back again, and we might be able to find a nice quiet room for your husband away from the road.

Gympie
Reviewed 19 February 2013

Like another respondant we booked through a mystery deal calling it a 4 star resort Noosa area. In fact the name Australis Noosa Lakes is very misleading, there is no Noosa Lake. There are several lakes in the Noosa district - the one where the resort is is Lake Doonella and the resort itself is in Tewantin, quite some distance from Noosa particularly if you do not have a car.

We had a ground floor unit overlooking the lake which was quite smelly owing to rain and very muddy outside by the lake. The bed was hard and consisted of two single beds pushed together. There was only one bedside table and one cushion on the settee. Airconditioning was difficult to operate. There was a microwave oven, but no microwave dishes. The bathroom was a good size and very clean. Also plenty of towels which is an item most places overlook or only provide one mingey sized per person.

The pools and surrounding areas are very lovely and well maintained. Also the bush turkeys, ducks and water birds around the lake are very charming.

Room Tip: Upstairs - as the balcony floors upstairs are made of slats it is quite possible to have a drink or...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
NSAMGER, Manager at Noosa Lakes Resort, responded to this review, 10 March 2013
Thankyou for taking the time to express your feeback regarding your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you were not happy with our location in the Noosa area. The name of the complex was chosen due to our proximity to one of Noosa's lakes, and has been Noosa Lakes Resort for longer than Australis has managed it, this unfortunately cannot be changed.

We have been rated as a 4 star Self Catering Apartment by an independent body, and this will be under review this year. I am glad you found the complex and pools lovely. Our housekeepers do a wonderful job but I am sorry to hear that they missed replacing your microwave dishes.

All guest feedback positive or negative is taken very seriously as it helps to continually improve our services and facilities.

Reviewed 13 February 2013 via mobile

This resort was booked on lastminutedeals.com and was rated as a 4 star resort. Our expectations were high as the photos depict beautiful and spacious rooms with kitchen facilities. In reality the rooms were very tired looking, with dirty walls, old bed spreads and a "kitchenette" that was little more than a sink and mini fridge in a one meter cabinet. There was no lounge, the bathroom was quite mouldy and the walls visibly marked. The bed was horribly uncomfortable and the pillows gave us both headaches for the two days we spent there. The air conditioning smelt disgusting when we turned it on, and it vibrated the floor and bed when turned on. There was also a build up of dust on the air conditioning vent that gave my sister hay fever. The bathroom window was straight on the carport that enabled a poor stranger to see me hopping out of the shower.
On a positive note, the lady at the reception was absolutely wonderful. The first room with a lake view was dirty and cramped, and the room smelt that bad that we requested a poolside room. The lady was more than happy to change us to another room with no hassle. The location was lovely, and the pools were magnificent. There are three massive pools, one for swimming, one knee deep and a heated one. All were beautifully maintained.
For $79 a night it was acceptable, but for the full price I would absolutely not stay again. It is nice for a very strict budget, but it is most certainly not "4 star".

Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Gemma1788
NSAMGER, Manager at Noosa Lakes Resort, responded to this review, 10 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from our recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that the rooms were not up to the standard you had expected. The photos on the website should depict the room you have booked. The upstairs apartment which is the 1 bedroom, has the full kitchen, where as you had booked the motel style apartment.
Over the last two weeks we have upgraded our room linen and the "old bedspread" has been sent away. We now have modern looking linen with comfortable pillows. If you have the time to contact our office and advise what room you were in we can look at the hard bed situation also.
I am happy to hear you enjoyed our location and the beautifully maintained pool area.

I hope that we can welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 19 January 2013

I booked the room on the internet, and all of the pictures showed the room to be modern, spacious and lovely. I was very surprised, to find the room quite small. We were in a room very close to reception, and could hear the noise from the cars on the busy road in front of the property. Parking was very limited, and we had to park very far from the room. The room was clean, however the bed was very small, and VERY uncomfortable. There was only 1 pillow each. I think the room we were in needed a make-over - the bedding / decor felt very dated and old. We were disappointed overall in the bed / size of room and decor, as the pictures of the room on the internet were very misleading.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
NSAMGER, Manager at Noosa Lakes Resort, responded to this review, 10 February 2013
I am most disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay.
I would be happy if you could contact me regarding your stay. We have recently updated all of our online photos and information to be accurate, so if there is misleading information out there I would appreciate knowing where it is so I can fix this.
Our rooms should all have spare pillows for guests, and if you can tell me what room you stayed in I can look into the comfort of the bed. Our bedding decor will all be upgraded by the end of the month, but if the bed is still uncomfortable then we need to fix this also.

Once again thank you for your review and I hope we can restore your confidence next time you stay with us.
Regards,
Resort Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tewantin
Noosa Sun Motel & Holiday Apartments
Peppers Noosa Resort and Villas
Ivory Palms Resort Noosa
Ivory Palms Resort Noosa
#19 of 41 in Noosaville

Been to Noosa Lakes Resort? Share your experiences!