“Overall an ok stay”
Review of Noosa Lakes Resort

Noosa Lakes Resort
“Overall an ok stay”
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Stayed here recently as part of a wedding group. The service from the beginning of the booking process was flawless and the staff were incredibly patient and helpful. I am extremely appreciative of them offering our group different options for booking and payment which I know stretched the processes.

The accomodation itself is what you would expect of a 3/4 star hotel. Not bad but not ritzy& flash. It is comfortable, clean and nicely presented. Check in was easy and the room was small but tidy. I was hesitant staying here after reading some less then favourable reviews however I dont believe it is as bad as this. We did have other guests above our room and we very occasionally heard the odd crash or bang - however nothing to the extremes I have read in other posts.

This resort is a winner for families with children given the 3 large pools. It is also refreshing to have a car parked outside our door and not have to get elevators with swipe keys everywhere i.e my usual hotel stay.

Once again, thank you for accomodating our group and loaning us 3 umbrellas with no problems or cost. It was most appreciated.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Fleur_Southgate
NSAMGER, Manager at Noosa Lakes Resort, responded to this review, 6 May 2013
Dear Fleur,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and your group found everything clean and comfortable. I am glad you found our staff helpful and I will be sure to pass the lovely feedback to the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards,
Resort Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Sydney
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Stayed 4 nights here, I got the inbetween a Hotel room and Studio room. There was round kitchenette sink, toaster, microwave, 2 of every cutlery and plates. it had small meals table for 2, outside meals table for 2, large Queen Bed, wall mounted LCD with foxtel and Digitalis channels plus Resort tv that demos sunshine coast destinations. Nice Ensuite, I am all for Water conservation allot of the advertising material in Noosa and in the resort advertised about saving water and claiming Australia is dry continent but during the last couple of years its been quite wet, i say if we save the water what happens to the dams when they overfill? they'll flood the Noosa area, just like it did in the lockyer valley. Resort has 3 pools 2 x 1.5m deep and 1x .6m deep it is advertised the left most pool towards the Noosa River is Heated and the only heated pool but whilst there that claim i found out was false as the rightmost pool towards the rear of the complex was heated and the pool closest the river was cold this would swap at any given time and sometimes the middle pool is also heated, the middle pool must be popular with the tots and children as its not deep at all. the furthest pool also claims to be 1.5m deep but at one point in the pool it seems to be closer to 1.6m deep.
The Room i got had no Stove so i used the BBQ instead its the typical electric BBQ with the hole in the middle with Water, Cleaning paper and BBQ scraper included. The Resort has a conference area. Back to the room there is limited parking for guests staying in the lower in-between a hotel and studio rooms, I had to park in the areas designated for Visitors and if not One a Tow truck will take away the car, The car parks in front of the units are for the upper level guests. The room also featured a shared Laundry with Dryer facility for both the upper and lower units on the lower level and advantage for the in-between a hotel and Studio room is that the laundry is just outside in the hall way. the disadvantage of being in the in-between hotel and studio room and i don't see why there is enough room for it is that it lacks a bigger fridge they only give you a bar fridge full of items that they want to sell to you and not enough room to store your own shopping goods, there is enough room for a stove top area on the kitchenette bench, the round kitchen sink needs some getting used to when doing the dishes. The split air cond was whisper quite it was a good brand, there is a outside deck area surrounded by plants and shrubs , there is a single open window to leave open all day (The Smell from Cigarette Smoke from your neighbours may enter thru the open window during the mornings and evenings so be prepared to shut the window.) and there is another window in the bathroom can be opened beware this window is not private when opened. Pool towels are provided, bed was comfy, Wall mounted TV a bit much for the neck it could of been lower I don't understand why it was placed so high in the wall. Resort is closer to east bound sunbus bus stop 25meters from the gate, marina, Tewantin, RSL, Bowls, handful of take away, shops and VET, the westbound sun bus bus stop is 200m east and claims to be Conference bus stop but its quite a distance away, The bus driver if asked politely may stop outside the resort, i don't understand why they don't move the bus stop closer to the resort there is plenty of room and no excuse and Australis is one the bigger resorts with a many tenants that used the bus tops. By the way Hilton road is quite well serviced during Monday- Saturday during the day, Sundays and most evenings after 7pm the buses in and out of the place are like hens teeth and are few and far in-between. so be prepared to take a bus between 6pm -7pm to your dinner destination. Great place will stay again maybe if staying a bottom room take a portable stove with you or if possible the upper levels are probably worth paying the extra for as they are self contained. Great friendly staff, i guarantee you will see the stars at night at this resort very nice for families, plenty of activities and walking paths across the road. A walk from the resort towards Noosaville Gympie Terrace and its Cafes and Restaurants 15-20mins. and Towards Tewantin CBD 10mins walk.

Room Tip: with perm and non permi residents its hard to not get a non smoking room when your neighbours light...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
NSAMGER, Manager at Noosa Lakes Resort, responded to this review, 22 April 2013

You have outlined many great points about the complex as well as some concerns that we are aware of. The deeper pools are up to 1.6m as outlined in our resort map and the pool closest to reception is the only heated pool. Unfortunately we have discovered the heat pump has not been working and this may have been the case during your stay. We are currently obtaining quotes to fix this before winter. The other pools may have felt warmer due to the sun being on them, I hope they were still enjoyable.

Our studio apartments are not classified for cooking facilities which is why there is no cook top, and even though a larger fridge would be great for cold drinks we are unable to put these in the studio rooms.

Once again thank you for your feedback. I'm glad you found us to be a great resort with friendly staff. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 13 March 2013 via mobile

I am surprised to read some of the not so good reviews here as me and my husband stayed for 3 nights here in February at the start of our travels and so we could visit Fraser Island and we loved it. I am extremely fussy about cleanliness, my husband says obsessively so, and I could not fault our apartment - it's was absolutely spotless. The kitchen had everything in it you could possibly want and we had a room overlooking the pool. The pool was clean and heated and it was lovely to take a dip after a long day sightseeing. It is a short walk to the harbour which has some good places to eat and a short drive to main Noosa. I was so glad we had booked for 3 nights. In total during our trip we stayed at 11 different places and this was by far the cleanest and one of our top 3 hotels/apartments that we stayed in (and was not the most expensive either). We found the staff very helpful and friendly. We would definitely recommend it to others and would visit again if we are ver in Noosa.

Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Janet and Ian R
NSAMGER, Manager at Noosa Lakes Resort, responded to this review, 25 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to express your valued feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am so happy to hear that you found our rooms spotless and that they had everything you needed. The heated pool is definately a great place to wind down at the end of the day.

Once again thank you for your feedback, and I appreciate you recommending us others. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 9 March 2013

We stayed 3 night here, and received the best service we have ever received. Staff are all friendly and happy to help. Rooms are spacious and clean. Absolutely no complaints at all! Well done Australis Noosa!

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near reception, there's a fridge cooler on the roof that rattles all night. Rooms at...
NSAMGER, Manager at Noosa Lakes Resort, responded to this review, 10 March 2013
Thankyou for taking the time to express your valued feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am so happy to hear that you received outstanding service from our staff. All feedback is taken very seriously as it helps to continually improve our services and facilities. Your tip about the fridge cooler is well noted.
Once again thank you for your review and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 7 March 2013

I won a 7 night holiday "in a fully equipped apartment at our 41/2 star resort located in Noosa on Queensland,s Sunshine Coast. Your self contained luxury apartment comprises balcony, fully equipped kitchen, laundry, television, DVD, undercover parking, and access to three large pools and barbarque facilities."......this is what was written on the gift voucher supplied by the accommodation agent given to the entity who purchased this as a first prize in a fundraiser. What a joke im sorry i would not call 1 old brown cord dirty sofa bed and a yukky old blue cord sofa with black arm rests as lounge furniture LUXURY nor the musty smell on entering the apartment, the extremely hard bed, holes in the blinds, mildew on curtain, smelly shower drain...we also had the smoke alarm beeping in the middle of the night for the first 2 nights ( fixed by agent) the diswasher not working on 3rd day (agent advised not repaired while we were there) and phone calls from a foreigner asking for a particular person every day/night. We put up with the extremely uncomfortable lounges?, bed and dining chairs for 5 days but decided to cut the holiday short and return to our home to rest our backs.....what a disappointment although the pool and grounds were very nice

NSAMGER, Manager at Noosa Lakes Resort, responded to this review, 10 March 2013
Thankyou for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are having trouble locating the room you stayed in in order to address the issues.

I would appreciate you contacting me and letting me know what room number you stayed in, or under what surname and dates, so that we may address these issues and hopefully give you a response as to what action we have taken.

All feedback positive or negative is taken very seriously as it helps to continually improve our services and facilities

I look forward to hearing from you.

Resort manager
manager.noosa@australishotels.com

Travellers are raving about these Tewantin hotels

Reviewed 3 March 2013

We stayed the weekend at the Australis Noosa Lakes Resort. We had a studio room. Rooms are good value for the price we paid. Nice balcony with table and chairs overlooking the garden and the water. It did have a road between the garden and the water but still I considered it a bonus to have the water view. My husband was not so keen on the road as it was a little noisy. The Noise did not bother me though. Good kitchenette in room with sink, microwave, electric over and hotplates. Small dining table and two chairs. Overall a nice room with everything we needed for a two night stay. There is also a washing machine and dryer in the hall just outside your door which you share with the upstairs unit.
The only thing I don't like at this hotel is that they advertise that one of the three pools is heated. All three pools were the same temperature. Freezing. It was too cold to swim so if one of the pools really had have been heated this would have been good, but they were not heated. We stayed at this hotel before in December a year or two ago and I remember the same problem then so I think they do not turn the heating on. There is no spa pool either. Did ask the man at the reception about the pool heating when we were leaving and he was taken by surprise I think and didn't know what to say. He said he would get the maint to check it. But I think they are just saving money by not turning the pool heating on.

Room Tip: Pool is not heated as is advertised and there is no spa pool
NSAMGER, Manager at Noosa Lakes Resort, responded to this review, 10 March 2013
Thankyou for taking the time to express your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am glad you found our rooms value for money. You were in one of the few rooms facing the river, but of course there is a road between us and the water.
Unfortunately, after your comments to the desk we found that our pool heater fan was not working, this was causing the motor to overheat and disconnect. The heaters are turned on all year round and the heated pool should be set at 30 degrees, although in the heat of summer this is reduced slightly. We never turn the heating off, and I am sorry that you have found this on both your visits.

I hope that we can welcome you back again, and we might be able to find a nice quiet room for your husband away from the road.

Gympie
Reviewed 19 February 2013

Like another respondant we booked through a mystery deal calling it a 4 star resort Noosa area. In fact the name Australis Noosa Lakes is very misleading, there is no Noosa Lake. There are several lakes in the Noosa district - the one where the resort is is Lake Doonella and the resort itself is in Tewantin, quite some distance from Noosa particularly if you do not have a car.

We had a ground floor unit overlooking the lake which was quite smelly owing to rain and very muddy outside by the lake. The bed was hard and consisted of two single beds pushed together. There was only one bedside table and one cushion on the settee. Airconditioning was difficult to operate. There was a microwave oven, but no microwave dishes. The bathroom was a good size and very clean. Also plenty of towels which is an item most places overlook or only provide one mingey sized per person.

The pools and surrounding areas are very lovely and well maintained. Also the bush turkeys, ducks and water birds around the lake are very charming.

Room Tip: Upstairs - as the balcony floors upstairs are made of slats it is quite possible to have a drink or...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
NSAMGER, Manager at Noosa Lakes Resort, responded to this review, 10 March 2013
Thankyou for taking the time to express your feeback regarding your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you were not happy with our location in the Noosa area. The name of the complex was chosen due to our proximity to one of Noosa's lakes, and has been Noosa Lakes Resort for longer than Australis has managed it, this unfortunately cannot be changed.

We have been rated as a 4 star Self Catering Apartment by an independent body, and this will be under review this year. I am glad you found the complex and pools lovely. Our housekeepers do a wonderful job but I am sorry to hear that they missed replacing your microwave dishes.

All guest feedback positive or negative is taken very seriously as it helps to continually improve our services and facilities.

Resort Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tewantin
Noosa Sun Motel & Holiday Apartments
Sofitel Noosa Pacific Resort
Ingenia Holidays Noosa
Ingenia Holidays Noosa
#8 of 42 in Noosaville

Been to Noosa Lakes Resort? Share your experiences!