“Not bad - but not great”
Review of Noosa Lakes Resort

Noosa Lakes Resort
Sunshine Coast, Australia
“Not bad - but not great”
Reviewed 29 May 2013

We booked a room while visiting relatives and thankfully we were only there for the 1 night. The reception staff were friendly and helpful, the room was showing signs of wear and was finished very 'cheap' not sure how it received the 4 star rating.

The pools looked nice but it was too cold to swim and the location is handy being walking distance to the marina and shops.

Room Tip: Anything overlooking the pool is nice but it may be noisy in the holiday season. We had an upstairs...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
NSAMGER, Manager at Noosa Lakes Resort, responded to this review, 17 June 2013
Thankyou for taking the time to write a reveiw about your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear our reception staff were helpful. I agree that the age of the complex is beginning to show in the rooms, but our housekeeping staff are doing a great job in keeping it extremely tidy and comfortable. I hope we can welcome you back in the future and you may be able to enjoy the swimming pools.

Resort Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Brisbane
Reviewed 18 May 2013

The positives - it was clean and had microwave/plates etc.
The negatives - it felt a bit 'jerry built' with a feel of a group of cardboard boxes. It was a strange entry & sharing arrangement with the upstairs unit. One upstairs and one downstairs unit share an entry door. The downstairs unit is smaller and the shared laundry is right outside the downstairs unit. Luckily our upstairs was only occupied one of the two nights we were there and were not there a lot. However, they did leave their portable generator plugged into the power in the laundry which completely blocked the room meaning we could not access it for 12 hours. It was not really a problem as we did not plan on doing laundry in only a two night stay, but because it was so close (right outside) our unit, it still felt intrusive.
Okay for a weekend but I would not rate as more than three star and would not plan an extended stay.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
NSAMGER, Manager at Noosa Lakes Resort, responded to this review, 23 May 2013
I am very disappointed to read about your negative experience. Our dual key apartments work well most of the time, but I am sorry to hear that you felt the other guests upstairs were intruding on your space. Unfortunately, this is not an issue we can fix after the fact. We do ask people during their stay to respect other guests.

I am glad you found our resort clean and with the facilities your required. I hope we can welcome you back for a weekend getaway.

Thank you for providing this feedback.

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 30 April 2013

I had book this through wotif mystery deal, and never will I ever do that again! This was purchased for my fiancees surprise 21st birthday present, and he was not only disappointed but also very tired when we left because of that lack of sleep we had recieved.

On arrival, I checked in whilst he was doing something else with a friend and the receptionist was nice and explained where we were staying. I then went to go to our unit to put our luggage away in the bedroom. On the bed, I noticed there was a black hair laying on the bed. Which was gross and creepy. Not only that, but the bed was hard and two single beds put together. Also the dimmer switches didnt work, and when they did, they flickered.

Then I went to put our bathroom gear in the bathroom, the light when I turned it on flickered for several seconds then came on. And this lasted the whole two nights we were there. The shower head had no pressure and was rusty, and also the handles on the bathroom cupboard were also rusting.

The walls behind the bedroom door and front door had patches on the walls from where people had slammed the door and put a holes in the walls. And we found cockroaches that we had to dispose of....

We did not get much sleep because we could hear upstairs. WHATEVER THEY DID, WE COULD HEAR THEM! And they liked to slam doors, which in turn shook our entire wardbrobe of a night time.

On the other hand, the resort is in the perfect spot. Close to shops and the water. And the pools were good,

Room Tip: Make sure you get an upstairs apartment...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Rebekah,

I am very disappointed to read about your negative experience. The issues raised are currently being investigated. I have spoken to the Housekeeping and Maintenance departments in regard to your concerns. I hope that the new staff will now acknowledge our high standard of cleanliness and follow this through. I have also spoken with the owner of the unit in regard to the repairs required to the walls.

I am glad you found our resort to be in a good location and with good pool facilities.

Thankyou for taking the time to provide feedback and I hope to we can welcome you back in the future.

Resort Manager

Travellers are raving about these Tewantin hotels

Tasmania
Reviewed 11 April 2013

really nice apartment style accomodation, handy to have share laundry facilities, No in house restaurant offset by the nearness of Tewantin marina with super restaurants just across the road. Very comfortable and smart.

COnfernece facilities seemed to be well set up, service was great, the food was delish!!

Only disappointment is early close of swimming pool which looks so tantalising!!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
NSAMGER, Manager at Noosa Lakes Resort, responded to this review, 6 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is nice to also receive positive feedback regarding the nearness and quality of the restaurants at the Noosa Marina. I will be sure to pass the lovely feedback to the team.

I am sorry that we couldn't keep the pool open past nine o'clock for you but I hope you had a chance to enjoy it during the day.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Resort Manger
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Stayed here recently as part of a wedding group. The service from the beginning of the booking process was flawless and the staff were incredibly patient and helpful. I am extremely appreciative of them offering our group different options for booking and payment which I know stretched the processes.

The accomodation itself is what you would expect of a 3/4 star hotel. Not bad but not ritzy& flash. It is comfortable, clean and nicely presented. Check in was easy and the room was small but tidy. I was hesitant staying here after reading some less then favourable reviews however I dont believe it is as bad as this. We did have other guests above our room and we very occasionally heard the odd crash or bang - however nothing to the extremes I have read in other posts.

This resort is a winner for families with children given the 3 large pools. It is also refreshing to have a car parked outside our door and not have to get elevators with swipe keys everywhere i.e my usual hotel stay.

Once again, thank you for accomodating our group and loaning us 3 umbrellas with no problems or cost. It was most appreciated.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Fleur_Southgate
Dear Fleur,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and your group found everything clean and comfortable. I am glad you found our staff helpful and I will be sure to pass the lovely feedback to the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Sydney
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Stayed 4 nights here, I got the inbetween a Hotel room and Studio room. There was round kitchenette sink, toaster, microwave, 2 of every cutlery and plates. it had small meals table for 2, outside meals table for 2, large Queen Bed, wall mounted LCD with foxtel and Digitalis channels plus Resort tv that demos sunshine coast destinations. Nice Ensuite, I am all for Water conservation allot of the advertising material in Noosa and in the resort advertised about saving water and claiming Australia is dry continent but during the last couple of years its been quite wet, i say if we save the water what happens to the dams when they overfill? they'll flood the Noosa area, just like it did in the lockyer valley. Resort has 3 pools 2 x 1.5m deep and 1x .6m deep it is advertised the left most pool towards the Noosa River is Heated and the only heated pool but whilst there that claim i found out was false as the rightmost pool towards the rear of the complex was heated and the pool closest the river was cold this would swap at any given time and sometimes the middle pool is also heated, the middle pool must be popular with the tots and children as its not deep at all. the furthest pool also claims to be 1.5m deep but at one point in the pool it seems to be closer to 1.6m deep.
The Room i got had no Stove so i used the BBQ instead its the typical electric BBQ with the hole in the middle with Water, Cleaning paper and BBQ scraper included. The Resort has a conference area. Back to the room there is limited parking for guests staying in the lower in-between a hotel and studio rooms, I had to park in the areas designated for Visitors and if not One a Tow truck will take away the car, The car parks in front of the units are for the upper level guests. The room also featured a shared Laundry with Dryer facility for both the upper and lower units on the lower level and advantage for the in-between a hotel and Studio room is that the laundry is just outside in the hall way. the disadvantage of being in the in-between hotel and studio room and i don't see why there is enough room for it is that it lacks a bigger fridge they only give you a bar fridge full of items that they want to sell to you and not enough room to store your own shopping goods, there is enough room for a stove top area on the kitchenette bench, the round kitchen sink needs some getting used to when doing the dishes. The split air cond was whisper quite it was a good brand, there is a outside deck area surrounded by plants and shrubs , there is a single open window to leave open all day (The Smell from Cigarette Smoke from your neighbours may enter thru the open window during the mornings and evenings so be prepared to shut the window.) and there is another window in the bathroom can be opened beware this window is not private when opened. Pool towels are provided, bed was comfy, Wall mounted TV a bit much for the neck it could of been lower I don't understand why it was placed so high in the wall. Resort is closer to east bound sunbus bus stop 25meters from the gate, marina, Tewantin, RSL, Bowls, handful of take away, shops and VET, the westbound sun bus bus stop is 200m east and claims to be Conference bus stop but its quite a distance away, The bus driver if asked politely may stop outside the resort, i don't understand why they don't move the bus stop closer to the resort there is plenty of room and no excuse and Australis is one the bigger resorts with a many tenants that used the bus tops. By the way Hilton road is quite well serviced during Monday- Saturday during the day, Sundays and most evenings after 7pm the buses in and out of the place are like hens teeth and are few and far in-between. so be prepared to take a bus between 6pm -7pm to your dinner destination. Great place will stay again maybe if staying a bottom room take a portable stove with you or if possible the upper levels are probably worth paying the extra for as they are self contained. Great friendly staff, i guarantee you will see the stars at night at this resort very nice for families, plenty of activities and walking paths across the road. A walk from the resort towards Noosaville Gympie Terrace and its Cafes and Restaurants 15-20mins. and Towards Tewantin CBD 10mins walk.

Room Tip: with perm and non permi residents its hard to not get a non smoking room when your neighbours light...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
NSAMGER, Manager at Noosa Lakes Resort, responded to this review, 22 April 2013
Thankyou for taking the time to express your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

You have outlined many great points about the complex as well as some concerns that we are aware of. The deeper pools are up to 1.6m as outlined in our resort map and the pool closest to reception is the only heated pool. Unfortunately we have discovered the heat pump has not been working and this may have been the case during your stay. We are currently obtaining quotes to fix this before winter. The other pools may have felt warmer due to the sun being on them, I hope they were still enjoyable.

Our studio apartments are not classified for cooking facilities which is why there is no cook top, and even though a larger fridge would be great for cold drinks we are unable to put these in the studio rooms.

Once again thank you for your feedback. I'm glad you found us to be a great resort with friendly staff. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 13 March 2013 via mobile

I am surprised to read some of the not so good reviews here as me and my husband stayed for 3 nights here in February at the start of our travels and so we could visit Fraser Island and we loved it. I am extremely fussy about cleanliness, my husband says obsessively so, and I could not fault our apartment - it's was absolutely spotless. The kitchen had everything in it you could possibly want and we had a room overlooking the pool. The pool was clean and heated and it was lovely to take a dip after a long day sightseeing. It is a short walk to the harbour which has some good places to eat and a short drive to main Noosa. I was so glad we had booked for 3 nights. In total during our trip we stayed at 11 different places and this was by far the cleanest and one of our top 3 hotels/apartments that we stayed in (and was not the most expensive either). We found the staff very helpful and friendly. We would definitely recommend it to others and would visit again if we are ver in Noosa.

Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Janet and Ian R
NSAMGER, Manager at Noosa Lakes Resort, responded to this review, 25 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to express your valued feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am so happy to hear that you found our rooms spotless and that they had everything you needed. The heated pool is definately a great place to wind down at the end of the day.

Once again thank you for your feedback, and I appreciate you recommending us others. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Resort Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tewantin
Noosa Sun Motel & Holiday Apartments
Sofitel Noosa Pacific Resort
Ingenia Holidays Noosa
Ingenia Holidays Noosa
#8 of 42 in Noosaville

Been to Noosa Lakes Resort? Share your experiences!