“Good value, bit run down, location ok..”
Review of Noosa Lakes Resort

Noosa Lakes Resort
Melbourne, Victoria
“Good value, bit run down, location ok..”
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Stayed in June so didnt use the pools, we stayed here because of the value for money, and we were travelling with others who have stayed before. Rooms were ok, no major issues, getting a bit old and run down though. Window furnishings in bedroom were literally rotting - falling apart!! Catch the ferry into Noosa its a nice boat trip with entertaining commentary. Overall good value resort, close enough to everything (if you dont mind walking or taxis), good for families when the weather is good enough to use the pools all day.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
NSAMGER, Manager at Noosa Lakes Resort, responded to this review, 17 June 2013
Thankyou for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear you found our resort good value and close to everything. All feedback positive or negative is taken seriously as it helps us to improve our product. I will pass your comments on to our unit owners.
I hope we can welcome you back again in the warmer weather to enjoy the pools.

Resort Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 1 June 2013

This Resort is up the Noosa River about 5 kms at Tewantin. The hotel is everything you see in the photos, but does not do breakfasts, or any other meals for that matter. You can self cater - there's a small kitchenette or you walk across the road to the marina, there's a couple of really nice cafes over the water. Reception is very helpful and friendly. I fly to Noosa and it wasn't too hard catching the bus from airport ( they ask you where you want to be dropped off, ditto the return journey, ring bus company the day before ). From Trwantin you can catch the Ferry into Noosa proper from the marina, or a bus from outside the Resort. The marina has a market on Saturday and an Art Market on Sunday, both worth a look. The work of the local artists is a pleasant surprise, and the narby fish'n'chip shops make you forget the diet... Trewantin is a quiet interlude from busy Noosa, but that's only ( about ) 5 kms away. I travelled solo and found any number of locals who enjoyed a bit of a chat... in short a friendly place.

Room Tip: The Resort has rooms facings inwards - looking over 3 pools and BBQ area ( my room ) or outward over...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
NSAMGER, Manager at Noosa Lakes Resort, responded to this review, 17 June 2013
Thankyou for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our staff helpful. You sound like you had a great time exploring the surrounding areas. We are just up the river a bit with some great things to offer in the area. I hope we can welcome you back again in the near future.

Sunshine Coast, Australia
Reviewed 29 May 2013

We booked a room while visiting relatives and thankfully we were only there for the 1 night. The reception staff were friendly and helpful, the room was showing signs of wear and was finished very 'cheap' not sure how it received the 4 star rating.

The pools looked nice but it was too cold to swim and the location is handy being walking distance to the marina and shops.

Room Tip: Anything overlooking the pool is nice but it may be noisy in the holiday season. We had an upstairs...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
NSAMGER, Manager at Noosa Lakes Resort, responded to this review, 17 June 2013
Thankyou for taking the time to write a reveiw about your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear our reception staff were helpful. I agree that the age of the complex is beginning to show in the rooms, but our housekeeping staff are doing a great job in keeping it extremely tidy and comfortable. I hope we can welcome you back in the future and you may be able to enjoy the swimming pools.

Brisbane
Reviewed 18 May 2013

The positives - it was clean and had microwave/plates etc.
The negatives - it felt a bit 'jerry built' with a feel of a group of cardboard boxes. It was a strange entry & sharing arrangement with the upstairs unit. One upstairs and one downstairs unit share an entry door. The downstairs unit is smaller and the shared laundry is right outside the downstairs unit. Luckily our upstairs was only occupied one of the two nights we were there and were not there a lot. However, they did leave their portable generator plugged into the power in the laundry which completely blocked the room meaning we could not access it for 12 hours. It was not really a problem as we did not plan on doing laundry in only a two night stay, but because it was so close (right outside) our unit, it still felt intrusive.
Okay for a weekend but I would not rate as more than three star and would not plan an extended stay.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
NSAMGER, Manager at Noosa Lakes Resort, responded to this review, 23 May 2013
I am very disappointed to read about your negative experience. Our dual key apartments work well most of the time, but I am sorry to hear that you felt the other guests upstairs were intruding on your space. Unfortunately, this is not an issue we can fix after the fact. We do ask people during their stay to respect other guests.

I am glad you found our resort clean and with the facilities your required. I hope we can welcome you back for a weekend getaway.

Thank you for providing this feedback.

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 30 April 2013

I had book this through wotif mystery deal, and never will I ever do that again! This was purchased for my fiancees surprise 21st birthday present, and he was not only disappointed but also very tired when we left because of that lack of sleep we had recieved.

On arrival, I checked in whilst he was doing something else with a friend and the receptionist was nice and explained where we were staying. I then went to go to our unit to put our luggage away in the bedroom. On the bed, I noticed there was a black hair laying on the bed. Which was gross and creepy. Not only that, but the bed was hard and two single beds put together. Also the dimmer switches didnt work, and when they did, they flickered.

Then I went to put our bathroom gear in the bathroom, the light when I turned it on flickered for several seconds then came on. And this lasted the whole two nights we were there. The shower head had no pressure and was rusty, and also the handles on the bathroom cupboard were also rusting.

The walls behind the bedroom door and front door had patches on the walls from where people had slammed the door and put a holes in the walls. And we found cockroaches that we had to dispose of....

We did not get much sleep because we could hear upstairs. WHATEVER THEY DID, WE COULD HEAR THEM! And they liked to slam doors, which in turn shook our entire wardbrobe of a night time.

On the other hand, the resort is in the perfect spot. Close to shops and the water. And the pools were good,

Room Tip: Make sure you get an upstairs apartment...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Rebekah,

I am very disappointed to read about your negative experience. The issues raised are currently being investigated. I have spoken to the Housekeeping and Maintenance departments in regard to your concerns. I hope that the new staff will now acknowledge our high standard of cleanliness and follow this through. I have also spoken with the owner of the unit in regard to the repairs required to the walls.

I am glad you found our resort to be in a good location and with good pool facilities.

Thankyou for taking the time to provide feedback and I hope to we can welcome you back in the future.

Resort Manager

Travellers are raving about these Tewantin hotels

Tasmania
Reviewed 11 April 2013

really nice apartment style accomodation, handy to have share laundry facilities, No in house restaurant offset by the nearness of Tewantin marina with super restaurants just across the road. Very comfortable and smart.

COnfernece facilities seemed to be well set up, service was great, the food was delish!!

Only disappointment is early close of swimming pool which looks so tantalising!!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
NSAMGER, Manager at Noosa Lakes Resort, responded to this review, 6 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is nice to also receive positive feedback regarding the nearness and quality of the restaurants at the Noosa Marina. I will be sure to pass the lovely feedback to the team.

I am sorry that we couldn't keep the pool open past nine o'clock for you but I hope you had a chance to enjoy it during the day.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Resort Manger
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Stayed here recently as part of a wedding group. The service from the beginning of the booking process was flawless and the staff were incredibly patient and helpful. I am extremely appreciative of them offering our group different options for booking and payment which I know stretched the processes.

The accomodation itself is what you would expect of a 3/4 star hotel. Not bad but not ritzy& flash. It is comfortable, clean and nicely presented. Check in was easy and the room was small but tidy. I was hesitant staying here after reading some less then favourable reviews however I dont believe it is as bad as this. We did have other guests above our room and we very occasionally heard the odd crash or bang - however nothing to the extremes I have read in other posts.

This resort is a winner for families with children given the 3 large pools. It is also refreshing to have a car parked outside our door and not have to get elevators with swipe keys everywhere i.e my usual hotel stay.

Once again, thank you for accomodating our group and loaning us 3 umbrellas with no problems or cost. It was most appreciated.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Fleur_Southgate
Dear Fleur,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and your group found everything clean and comfortable. I am glad you found our staff helpful and I will be sure to pass the lovely feedback to the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Resort Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tewantin
Noosa Sun Motel & Holiday Apartments
Sofitel Noosa Pacific Resort
Ingenia Holidays Noosa
Ingenia Holidays Noosa
#8 of 42 in Noosaville

Been to Noosa Lakes Resort? Share your experiences!