“Comfortable and clean at a bargain price”
Review of Noosa Lakes Resort

Noosa Lakes Resort
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I stayed at Australis Noosa Lakes for 3 nights whilst working across the bridge at the Noosa Gallery. I had a one bedroom studio apartment which as I understand it are situated upstairs above the studio apartments. A colleague who had a studio said there was a lot of noise from above, so if you're a light sleeper perhaps the upstairs one bedroom configuration is a better choice for you. There is a bit of noise from the road if you're near reception, but I couldn't hear it once I turned a fan on (necessary in the weather on those days).

Location wise it was perfect for me, only a 5 minute walk to work. But be aware it's MILES away from major eating hubs such as Gympie Terrace, which was a $10 taxi fare each way. There are not many options in Tewantin itself, which is about 10 minutes walk, just the RSL, which was OK, and a couple of expensive restaurants on the Wharf, which has more cafe options during the day. You can catch the ferry down into Noosa itself which is a lovely ride, but it stops sailing at about 6 pm due to the tides. On the fridge in the apartment was a list of menus for places that will deliver, which was a nice touch although I didn't use them.

There is air-con in the lounge but not the bedroom. Feedback from a colleague suggests that some bedrooms have ceiling fans, but mine did not. I asked reception to provide a pedestal fan, which was readily provided an hour or so after I asked for one, and well before bed-time. As an improvement I would suggest that all the apartments should have standard ceiling fans, or at least a pedestal fan left in the cupboard, so you don't have to chase one up.

I didn't really use the kitchen apart from the fridge. However, it was full size, so there was room for me to put my own drinks and snacks in there without doing the "minibar shuffle" which is such a hassle in many other establishments. A suggested improvement here would be full-size drinking glasses - the options currently are limited to small juice-tumblers or wine glasses, which is a bit of a pain when you want a nice icy tipple at the end of a hot day.

The lounge area was really comfortable with a 2 big couches and a great TV with all the digital channels you could want and a couple of Foxtel movie choices, plus a DVD player. The verandah overlooking the pool was divine, especially for breakfast in the morning with all the bird-life, or to have a glass of wine and a chat to the local geckos at night!

Other reviews have noted a smell from the bathroom brains - there was a bit of one when I checked in, but it dispersed as soon as the shower and sink were used, I think perhaps the room had not been used for a few days. The shower was OK, although the shower head could be better, it had some limescale which made odd jets of water shoot out in random directions which made the floor really wet. There was tonnes of hot water (not necessary in the current weather) and good pressure. The complimentary toiletries were really nice-smelling, and there were plenty of towels, including one for the pool with extras in the bedroom cupboard.

Speaking of the pool - this is where this facility really stands out. A choice of shallow for the kids or 2 (one heated, one unheated)1.6 metre lagoons. Absolutely beautiful, and since I was staying mid-week, I had them pretty much to myself in the afternoon - maybe things get hectic on the weekend. A recent reviewer complained about "death stares" from other users when they brought bottles in. There are clear warnings in both the literature provided in the room and on signs on the pool gate - NO GLASS IN THE POOL AREA.

Look, I'm not going to claim this is a luxury destination, but for the price I paid it was quiet, clean and comfortable, with friendly helpful staff and WAY better than others I've stayed in for work in recent times. We're heading back to Noosa in March for work again, and I've had no hesitation in booking us into the same place already.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank SiandSpud
NSAMGER, Manager at Noosa Lakes Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Thankyou for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Your honest comments are very much appreciated, and your feedback regarding the drinkware will be taken into consideration. All feedback is taken very seriously, and is very helpful to other in deciding on where to stay, or where not to stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

We booked last minute on a deal on Wotif expecting a great place (4 stars?!?). We turned up & were told there was no allocated parking for our apartment & we would have to park in visitors parking which was very narrow! Room was outdated & sparse & plates were found to be dirty from a previous tenant. The tenant upstairs had his trailer parked in the driveway which made access to the steps difficult. A lot of noise was made from before 6am (we came for a few sleep ins!) from this tenant. The only redeeming factor about this place is the pool. We were given menacing stares by several residents for taking glass bottles into the pool area which we were planning to put into the rubbish bin next to the pool. Not very private either, all the residents could see everything in your apartment if you didn't have all the blinds closed. Not impressed by this place & especially the "4 star" rating, not worth it at all!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SarahKateMahalia

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your visit. I am sure you received a great last minute deal which should have explained that the Sudio rooms do not have parking allocated. I will make sure to check that our websites do have the correct information. We do ask all guests to have respect for others staying in the complex, but unfortunately not all guests are as considerate of others as we would like. I am sorry to hear that you would not be returning.

Resort Manager.

Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for two nights. We were not very impressed. We were given 1 body wash, shampoo, conditioner and moisturiser as well as 2 toilet paper rolls.

There was enough thankfully because they charge for more toilet paper. I guess it was cheap for a reason, but surely extra basic necessities should be included in the cost. $1.50 for another roll is over the top.

We had already started bringing our own body wash when staying at motels, looks like another thing made the list.

Nothing wrong with the accommodation other than mentioned but I doubt we will stay here again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. As we are unserviced apartments we only offer a complimentary welcome pack of toiletries.Your comments will be taken into consideration and I will definately discuss the need for including extra ammenities with our Housekeeping department.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

We stayed in a studio room and for the price compared to other studio rooms in noosa it is very good value for money. The only negative things I would say it that the room was a bit dated and in the corners of the shower were bits of mould but overall you do get what you pay for and the stay was satisfactory.

• Stayed: June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We were delighted to hear that you found the Studio Room satifactory and good value for money. As your stay was some time ago, I hope that you did report the Bathroom condition to the front desk. I will discuss your comments with our Housekeeping department.

I hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

We had stayed here before and found it pleasant enough but then we had an upstairs room with a view over the pools. This time, we were not so fortunate and we given a studio room at the back of the resort complex, which was quite small but neat and well-equipped, but no oven/cook top just a microwave The units are very close and as such there is precious little privacy on any of the tiny verandas and should someone want to listen to a radio then everyone nearby also tunes in. One of the redeeming features is the pool area, which accommodates three large pools, with nearby barbecue areas that are well-maintained. The resort is quite a ways from Hastings St and Noosa proper but it is well within walking distance of Tewantin and not that far from Noosaville. The desk staff are also professional and pleasant.

Room Tip: Try for an upstairs room and avoid having a studio
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
NSAMGER, Manager at Noosa Lakes Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear William,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We were delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us again. Your feedback about the different room styles will be very helpful to other travellers, as well as your promotion of our lovely pool and BBQ areas.

Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

Good price for a good hotel. Rooms are clean and staff is friendly. We were there during a heat wave and the pool did save us from dying! :) room has really good air con and comfy beds. Close to the Noosa Marina, just 10min walk. No breakfast. Small appliances so you can have breakfast in the room and save some money. Close to Noosaville that is heaps better than Noosa Heads.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank beacks

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you survived the heat wave thanks to our beautiful pools. We were also happy to hear you found our location close to Noosaville to be just the right spot. I will be sure to pass the lovely feedback to the team.

Darren Walters,

Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

Was a pretty nice place to stay. The room was nothin special but it was comfortable and clean. Kitchenette was minimal. I'd recommend asking for a room with a view. We stayed near the back and there was a nice little veranda but nothing to look at. Laundry was shared with people above us. Pools were great. Reception was pretty nice. We stayed at a quiet time and the whole resort was just about deserted so I was surprised we were not able to check out late since we had to wait for a light flight.

Location is nice, near the marina with sunset cruises, near a woolworths, but minimal restaurants around. Very far trek from restaurants and nightlife, half hour bus to the main strip, and no public transport later at night so looking at a 60 dollar taxi ride home.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Payment of Accounts $5.50 $4.95
P.A.B.X $16.50 $14.85
Postage & Petties $4.40 $3.96

Dear Sarah,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us especially the pool area. I will be sure to pass the lovely feedback to the team. I am sorry we could not accommodate a late check out for you on the day, we often have large bus groups arrive on odd days, but hope you were able to utilize the pool area until you had to leave.

Darren Walters,
Resort Manager.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tewantin
Noosa Sun Motel & Holiday Apartments
Sofitel Noosa Pacific Resort
Noosa Caravan Park
Noosa Caravan Park
#1 of 4 in Tewantin

Been to Noosa Lakes Resort? Share your experiences!