“great place, great deal”
Review of Noosa Lakes Resort

Noosa Lakes Resort
Hobart, Australia
“great place, great deal”
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here just by chance & was so impressed I am considering going again for a holiday next year. Rooms great, lovely setting around pools & price good value. Also very convenient for walking access to noosa marina, tewantin main street shops & ferry trips to other great locations.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ros A
Dear Ros,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed the resort and especially the pools and our location. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Resort Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I would advise against giving them your phone number as two months after I stayed there I had a telemarketer call me trying to sell me a room. Will not be staying there again purely as a result of that call (my number is even on the do not call register).

Jon

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank TheRealJonsta
Dear Jon,
Thankyou for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. We have employed a marketing company to offer our past guests special package prices. We have had good feed back and a lot of return guests from this offer. I am sorry to hear that you did not appreciate this call and I will pass your comments on to the marketing team.

Darren Walters,
Brisbane
Reviewed 2 May 2014

The hotel is really beautiful outside but with simple rooms and service so it's far from being a 4 stars hotel. Despite that my room was clean and comfortable enough with a huge double bed. The location is good, in front of the marina with restaurants and cafes and the ferry for a cruise along the river.
When I booked a studio, the features of the room included lake view, garden view, pool view and river view. But when we arrived in the room we just had lake and garden views. And we were not moved according to our booking because the hotel was fully booked.
Another negative point was the noise from the upstairs unit. We could hear literally every step from them because of the timber floors. It was not possible to sleep in.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PatriciaBrisbane
Dear Patricia,
Thankyou for taking the time to write feedback about your recent stay with us. I am glad you found our location close to everything you needed. I am sorry to hear you were not happy with the view from the room. Our rooms do have Pool, Lake or Garden views, however you will only get one of these views from each room and not all three. I am sorry we were unable to move you to a pool view whilst you were here, but I believe the lake view is lovely also, especially at sunset. I hope we can arrange to give you a pool view in a quiet upstairs room if you return.

Resort Manager
Australia
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Stayed for 3 nights just before Christmas and had no complaints, check in was quick and found my room. They have parking but the smaller lower level studio apartments don't have an assigned spot so while I had no problems getting a spot near my apartment this may change in peak season. I had the smaller cheaper lower level studio which was big enough and in good condition. Shared between the bigger upper level unit and the lower level one is a laundry which is handy. They have a great central pool area with 3 pools, one of which is heated.

The location is out of the way if you want to be close to Noosaville or Hastings Street and a car is a must if staying here.

The only real complaint was the amount of foot noise from the unit above which I think is fairly common with these units as I understand each lower and upper unit are one legal unit and probably don't require the amount of soundproofing between them as if they were two units.

I only paid just under $100 per night which for the area and the time of year was a great price.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank minicooperdownunder
Hi Minicooperdownunder,
Thanks for taking the time to write a review.

Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our property suited your needs. Yes our rooms are one of two in a townhouse setup with apartment upstairs and a studio downstairs, the studio does not accompany a carpark unfortuantely. The good news is there are regular bus services into Noosa Heads which can be picked up directly across the road of the resort.

Once again, thanks and we look forward to seeing you again at Australis Noosa Lakes when you next visit the area.

Brussels, Région De Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgium
Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

Excellent accommodation. Pools are very nice and the comfort level of the place is excellent. Great facilities and very close to noosa heads. Would gladly recommend this to anyone. The price is very competitive especially for the studio.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hassan H
Hi Hassan H,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review.
Great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our hotel suited your needs.
We look forward to seeing you again at Australis Noosa Lakes when you next visit the area.

Slough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my boyfriend for a couple of nights while he was in Noosa for work. Booked on Wotif.com and like a previous couple, we were a little surprised when we arrived and remembered it had been classed as a 4 star hotel. Don't get me wrong, I was more than happy with the room and the facilities, however I do feel they're setting themselves up for a fall when they advertised as 4 star, which is not what I would class it as.

On check in the staff were very friendly and helpful and gave us directions to our room. The main problem I would say was the lack of parking. Some places had allocated spaces, however we didn't and struggled several times to find somewhere to park. There is a car park for the convention centre but there are warning signs about being towed if you park in there. It's a main road so you can't part there either, which meant a lot of hanging around in the car waiting for visitors to go.

The room was nice, we stayed in a studio apartment which had everything we needed for a couple of days a fridge freezer and microwave. The TV was nice, the bed very comfy and the shower lovely and powerful. Unfortunately we managed to pick a weekend where the weather wasn't great, but did mean we really appreciated the heated pool to freshen up!

All in all, would probably stay here again, although the parking was quite an issue as it deterred us from going out sometimes because we didn't want to have to search around for space when we returned.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Luisa B
Hi Luisa B,
Thanks for taking the time to write a review.
Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Apologies regarding the parking difficulties you experienced, our hotel comprises of an townhouse with apartment upstairs and a studio downstairs, the studio does not accompany a carpark unfortuantely.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 26 February 2014

needs a coat of paint ,poorly furnished. our downstairs unit had a shared laundry with the washing machine right against our bed room wall and as most tenants are permanents they do there washing at odd times. The noise from up stairs was crazy. Never again!

Room Tip: go else ware