The Australis resort caters for most types of travellers.
We stayed in a studio room that had it's own bathroom and balcony. All the units either back on to the three pools or on to the lake behind the resort. A unlucky few back on to a very busy main road.
The good points are the cost of staying, not too expensive. The location, just a 5 minute walk or 10 minute stroll to a ferry that runs the whole length of Noosa foreshore and only cost $20 for an all day pass. Also the small township of Tewantin is just a 3 minute drive away, with it's many restaurants and takeaways, and woolworths.
The minus points for us were:-
The bed, managed to give us a bad back and we didn't get a good sleep any night, (but that could be due to the loud heat pump always kicking in and out all night long - and it wasn't even our heat pump - it was the one for upstairs!)
The rather mean spirited minimal welcome (?) pack of a few coffee's tea's and milk and the "you are only allowed one toilet roll"! You'd think that if you were staying a week or longer they could freshen up the basics, wouldn't you? They do offer re-supplies - but at a cost!
They obviously don't want you to do much more than sleep there, as there is only a microwave and very limited eating implements - which is fine as there were many takeaway's - but i'd like to see a bit more.
Lastly, and this is probably picky, although the place was clean, it is a bit tired in places and you can see where the cleaning is a bit less than spotless (just like your home really), nothing that makes you freak out, but you can see it's done by the numbers.
The real question - would you go back - YES, YES YES
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Noosa Lakes Resort is situated along the beautiful Noosa River on the Sunshine Coast of Queensland and provides relaxing resort experence in excellent proximity to the many leisurely activities of Noosa. The property is positioned on seven landscaped acres by the shores of Lake Doonella and opposite the Noosa River, and features three lagoon-style pools (including one heated pool). Surrounded by wilderness, you are only minutes to the town centre, the beach and local attractions.The resort is one and a half hours north of Brisbane airport and just 30 minutes from Sunshine Coast Airport(Maroochydore).Noosa Lakes offers beach-house living accommodation. Each of the studio rooms, One bedroom Apartments and 2 bedroom Townhouses have a balcony, Wi Fi internet, TV/DVD, Foxtel and have views over the gardens, lake, river or pools. All units are air-conditioned in the lounge room and the 1 Bedroom apartments and 2 bedroom Townhouses are fully self-contained.Located adjacent to the property (just 100 metres) is the beautiful Noosa Marina, which provides restaurants, cafes, river and lake cruises, a wine bar, day spa and a The Noosa Ferry that offers access via the Noosa River to Noosa's famous Hastings Street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Priceline, TravelUp, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Noosa Lakes Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Australis Noosa Lakes Hotel Tewantin
- Australis Noosa Lakes Resort
- Noosa Lakes Resort Tewantin