Ettington Park Hotel
US$82
US$74
Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
US$211
US$113
Agoda.com
US$116
US$96
  • Pool
Macdonald Swan's Nest Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
US$205
The New Inn(Stratford-upon-Avon)
Hampton Lodge(Stratford-upon-Avon)
  • Room Service
1,617 results
All reviewsdrawing roomshakespeare suitehaunted hotelafternoon teaold churchbeautiful hotelexecutive roomgrounds are stunningcountry housesteeped in historysconessteam room and saunawedding partycream teaevening mealwedding breakfastthe main house
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Well what a lovely rest myself and my wife had. The hotel Is the most amazing building such a wonderful old house. The food was out of this world and we enjoyed every mouthfull. Every single member of staff i spoke to was polite and are a credit to the hotel. I would not hesitate in visiting the hotel again and indeed any of the other HandPicked chain of hotels to see what other gems they have.
Mr & Mrs White

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Ashleywhitej
ettington, General Manager at Ettington Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2012

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor.I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your kind words about the food and staff.I am pleased that you will continue to use Hand Picked Hotels, a particular favourite of mine is Rhinefield House.

Reviewed 22 February 2012

My boyfriend & I stayed at Ettington for a 2 night break away. It's hard to describe exactly how we felt about our stay, perhaps a little deflated. Although the food was lovely, the staff so polite & the room nice it just wasn't what we had hoped. The main issue is that the hotel is used by Businesses as a venue for corporate days/ meetings... I subsequently felt like I had not left work behind & in the evenings the work parties are loud & OTT in the bar( not ideal on a romantic break).
As my boyfriend & I are late 20's I think the hotel was a little dated for our tastes & the carpets look a bit exhausted in areas. I think for the price you pay you might expect slightly better .
However there is nothing majorly wrong with this hotel it just didn't WOW us. The location is superb for visiting Warwick Castle & Stratford Upon Avon so very convenient.

• Stayed: February 2012
4  Thank Loobylu1984

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor.I am sorry that you had mixed feelings about the hotel.I am pleased that you enjoyed the food and the staff polite.At the same time I am sorry that you did not relax as much due to the hotel holding meetings.With regards to the carpets we have recently replaced reception and the main staircase and the Long Gallery.By the end of March the Library and South Room will be replaced too.

Once again thank you for your review

Reviewed 17 February 2012

A first-class hotel. Our stay from start to finish was a delight. Excellent, friendly staff, super room, very comfortable hotel facilities and fine dining. The manager must feel very proud of his establishment and his staff who all take a real interest and pride in their work and customer service. Left feeling very relaxed and happy. Well done!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BirminghamWeekender
Reviewed 16 February 2012

The hotel is possible the most beautiful of buildings and setting in the Handpicked selection. Our room was exemplary (magnificent considering the history); the pool area was fantastic and the food was excellent.
However, all of the above paled into insignificance compared to the friendly, attentive and knowledgable nature of the staff. Special mention must go to Jonathan (who, as manager, led from the front), Pavel and Heidi (whose mastery of the cheeseboard was an education!).
Many thanks for a great stay......

Room Tip: Well worth going for a suite....
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
ettington, General Manager at Ettington Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor.The building is stunning I could not agree more .However; I am so pleased that your stay was made more memorable by the team.Thank you for the special mention for Pawel and Heidi,they will be delighted.And thank you for my special mention too !

Reviewed 11 February 2012

We have stayed many times at this hotel and always leave wanting to go back

• Stayed: February 2012

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor.It is always nice to receive great reviews from our regular guests.I am so pleased that you always want to return.

Hope to see you soon.