“Would recommend, just not the room we had until they fix the drain smell.”

Ettington Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Alderminster
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Would recommend, just not the room we had until they fix the drain smell.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

Stayed in the Shirley Suite, a lovely large room and fantastic bathroom. Although wouldn't recommend this room as I think there is a drain problem. When we arrived the windows were open and the room was freezing. As you walk through the door there was an odour but further into the room none. We had to ring to request a room service list as there wasn't one in the room. A rather brusque lady brought one up very promptly and said "there should have been one and that someone had probaby taken it as a souvenir", on looking at it, not my idea of a souvenir. I asked her if she had any air freshner, her response was "she had already sprayed the room twice and had we opened the window?" No air freshner ever arrived. Room service food was fabulous although ordering it was difficult. The phone rang for so long it eventually went back to reception. Where I was advised they had put me though to the correct number. When I did get through I was advised to hang on while they got a pen and paper. Back to the drain issue, the sink took for ever to drain and the shower tray filled up with water to the point where I thought it was going to over flow. Loved the tile television in the bathroom and the bath was fab. Fantastic hotel, grounds are lovely. Over all a fantastic stay but the room let it down.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
ettington, General Manager at Ettington Park Hotel, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor.I am pleased that on the whole you had a fantastic stay.I have noted your comments regarding the drainage issues and I will carry out a full investigation with our maintenance team ; I am sorry that this occured.I will also discuss the couple of housekeeping comments you made with Susan our Head Housekeeper.

I do appreciate your feedback and I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Jonathan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
Northampton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

We have just got back from staying at Ettingham Park Hotel. We really enjoyed the last couple of days. The room was lovely, with a huge comfortable bed and a spacious, luxurious bathroom. The grounds are attractive and tastefully lit in the evening. The staff were extremely hospitable throughout our stay - happy to chat but always respectful of privacy. Dining in the restaurant in the evening was a pleasure - a varied menu which provided a 3 course meal that was cooked beautifully, with an equally fine vegetarian menu option. Breakfast options were vast, and again the standard was excellent. We would thoroughly reccommend this hotel as a nice way to escape hectic life with a relaxing break.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nick W
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor.I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your kind words.I know the team regulary read TripAdvisor and they too will be delighted that you enjoyed your stay.

I hope we can welcome you back soon.

birmingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

We had a really nice relaxing spa break; the spa was really nice, staff very friendly. The Hotel was spotless and the food was really, really lovely, the rooms were all very spacious with a traditional feel and a warm and friendly atmosphere. We will defiantly be visiting again. Liz :)

Room Tip: The rooms which my friends and I had were all nice with good views of the grounds.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor.A warm and friendly atmosphere is just what we strive for - thank you.

I am delighted you will be visting us again , just dont leave it too long !

Teesside
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012 via mobile

Had lovely one night stay room small for an executive double but very clean and comfortable. Staff extremely helpful and happy to chat. They were able to advise on activities local area etc. you really need a car to get about though as hotel about 10 minute drive from Stratford upon Avon. Had great relaxing stay and would definately go again.

• Stayed April 2012
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor.I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your kind words about the staff and hotel.

It is nice to hear you will visit us again and we look forawrd to welcoming you back.

Herne Bay, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Set in the countryside, it was very peaceful and a relaxing hotel. Stratford upon Avon is not too far away for shopping and easy to get to and from. The staff were very friendly and did their utmost to help.
If your not in a rush, that's fine but if you are, the service in the dining room could be on the slow side.
The mattresses were new but quite soft and didn't help a bad back, other than that we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Juliack
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor.I am sorry that you did not find our new beds comfortable, I will review all future comments on our new beds and ensure that your feedback is discussed with our purchasing department.On a postive note, I am pleased you found the hotel peaceful and relaxing.

I hope we can welcome you back soon.

London, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

My husband and I spent a weekend at Ettington Park and just loved every minute. Previous reviews mention a lack of attention to detail, I strongly disagree with this in our case. Our room (a suite, the name of which I cannot recall) was just perfect, needless to say clean and comfortable. The staff were not only helpful, but also quite chatty and charming and it was a pleasure to be around them. The dinner was definitely one of the best meals I ever had and breakfast was very yummy, too. The surrounding countryside was wonderful and we enjoyed walking and cycling. The manor itself if really impressive and just lovely. If anything, it is pricey, but I'd say it's worth it. I'd go back instantly and would strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor.I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your kind words.

I know the team here at the hotel regulary read TripAdvisor and I am sure they would like to say thank you too.

Great to hear you would come back - just dont leave it too long !

Ashby-de-la-Zouch, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

It all looks so wonderfull on the photos, but actually when you drive up to it, its smaller than we expected & didn't have the grandure we were expecting. We love the hand picked hotel brand & think they have some great locations, New Hall in Sutton Coldfield is our favourite, but also think that Seoint Manor in North Wales is extremely relaxing & under rated. In regards to Ettington, we thought the room was a let down, we were upgraded & still it was small & had stanes on the throw on the bed which just ruined the first impression.

On the plus side the food was excellent, get the cheese board the young lady who explained everything was superb! She was so passionate about it, yep, cheese! A true asset to the place!

Room Tip: 12 has a dirty throw on the bed!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alderminster
Hallmark Hotel The Welcombe
Ettington Chase Hotel
Ettington Chase Hotel
#1 of 1 in Ettington
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,390 reviews

Been to Ettington Park Hotel? Share your experiences!