I was looking for a really nice location for my wife's birthday. We invited fourteen other guests - some with children - and wanted private dining and a pool at a country hotel about two hours out of London. We were not disappointed by Ettington. The service for all our guests was great. The wine and food were top-notch and the setting was perfect.
We had Champagne and canapés to start and then moved into the Library for dinner. Finally back to our room which was the Shirley Suite. Four-poster, TV over the roll-top bath - lovely.
The pool/sauna/steam was done really well. It felt like a quality place and they looked after our every need.
My wife was chuffed to bits and we'll be visiting again with the kids.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ettington Park Hotel, the only AA 4 Red Star hotel in Stratford-Upon-Avon, is set in 40 acres of parkland in a verdant valley with the River Stour meandering through it. Situated just six miles from the centre of the famed home of Shakespeare and just a few miles from the start of The Cotswold Way, this spectacular property is a world apart from the hustle and bustle of contemporary life. Built from six types of Cotswold stone, Ettington Park is furnished with fine paintings and decorated with friezes that trace its centuries of tradition and heritage. This is a country house where historic extravagance meets contemporary comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ettington Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Ettington Park
- Ettington Park Stratford Upon Avon
- Ettington Hotel Park
- Ettington Park Hotel Alderminster, Warwickshire