“Beautiful Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Alderminster
Dronfield, United Kingdom
“Beautiful Hotel”
Reviewed 8 June 2012

I stayed here for one night with my wife in an Executive room, this was very well furnished and very roomy with a large bath/shower room en-suite and spotlessly clean. A bonus, was the view of an 11th century church in the beautiful grounds, from our window.
On arrival we were greeted by staff who were smart and well dressed ,very friendly and helpfull. We were shown to our room by Damion, if you do visit this hotel seek him out he is a fascinating character and full of stories.
We then settled down to afternoon tea with scones and jam. The food here is delicious, our evening meal of roast beef in wine gravy was the best meal I have ever had in a hotel, served by the ever attentive staff, it was absolutely delicious.
We had planned to go into Stratford-upon-Avon but soon ditched that idea after the cream tea and relaxing in the grounds on a beautiful summer day before dinner, proved to be too strong a pull for Stratford to match. Breakfast the following morning reinforced my view about the quality of the food and the expert way it was cooked and presented.
I cant think of anything about the hotel or staff that I disliked.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
ettington, General Manager at Ettington Park Hotel, responded to this review, 12 June 2012
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor.I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay - and I can not agree more about the view of the chapel,it is a very special view.I do appreciate your kind words about Damion he really will appreciate your comments.

Once again many thanks.

Jonathan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (340)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
Whiteley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2012

We stayed here for a night on the way to a Coldplay concert in Coventry. Our room, a Classic Double (Room 38) was large with high ceilings and a massive bathroom with separate bath and shower. Thanks for the proper milk in the fridge - no UHT here. Was welcomed and given a parking space right by the door and luggage taken up to room. You really felt like you were staying in a stately home and you were made to feel special. The grounds were lovely and we loved the old ruined church. On a summer's day, felt so relaxing sitting outside, sipping wine, looking at the grounds and listening to the distant sheep. Really rural setting.

Dinner was very posh, and you felt like you were at The Ritz. In fact, having been to the Ritz, this was much nicer and very good value. Yes we had a big bill from the wine and drinks, but hey ho, we enjoyed ourselves so much. This is our third Handpicked Hotel and we are hoping to stay in all of them. A fantastic small, posh but good value hotel chain. You must try it.

Room Tip: Room 38 was lovely. Frankly, I expect all rooms are great quality.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor.Just reading your kind comments makes me want to stay myself !

I am pleased that you have enjoyed 3 of our hotels now,and I am sure you will enjoy yourself seeking out the other 14.

Happy travels

Reviewed 1 June 2012

Just finished a 3 day conference. I could not recommend this hotel enough. Beautiful location and setting, so much more interesting than a boring Marriott or Hilton. The hotel were happy to provide anything we asked for, even very last minute changes.
The staff were a testament to the hotel. Friendly, helpful and polite. Sophie and Virginia helped in any way they could. Ben was fantastic, taking our rowdy group on a ghost tour. And Andrew serving us until late and being extremely patient with us! Lovely and chatty too.
The 2 receptionists and your events manager were also fantastic!
Immaculate and great sized rooms and delicious food.
Our group of 32 could not have been happier.
Many thanks!!

• Stayed June 2012
ettington, General Manager at Ettington Park Hotel, responded to this review, 6 June 2012
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor.Wow - what kind words, thank you so much.I will make sure that all the staff see a copy of your review.Thank you for the special mention for Sophie,Virginia,Ben & Andrew they will be delighted with your comments.

I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Belfast
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I was here for a three day work meeting and was hugely impressed. The location and building is absolutely stunning and the service fantastic with every need being thought about and attended to. Dinner in the main restaurant was a particular highlight and the rest of the food throughout the day was also good though I found breakfast service on all the mornings very difficult. The bedrooms were all superb and the bed was incredibly comfortably, however there is a big difference between what you get in some of the rooms although even the less luxurious ones are brilliant. Top marks Ettington Park !

Room Tip: I think the rooms in the old part of the hotel are extra special !
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank PRR79
bedford
Reviewed 24 May 2012

This is a beautiful hotel with a caring touch. 3day business meeting could not have been looked after better. Beautiful venue. Damen gave the best welcome ever and Virginia worked hard to make our stay perfect. Thank you.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
ettington, General Manager at Ettington Park Hotel, responded to this review, 28 May 2012
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor.I am delighted that your meeting was succesful and the team looked after you.Damien and Virginia will be pleased with the special mention; I will make sure they receive a copy of the review.

Thank you so much and hope we see you soon.

Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 May 2012

I wouldnt normally have the time to write a review, however after staying for the first time at Ettingham park hotel i felt i must in this instance.
From the momment we arrived the hotel was absolutely stunning.As soon as we drew up in the car we were greeted and asked if we needed any help with our luggage. From start to finish nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff, they were very friendly,approachable and helpful.The room was sheer luxury and spotless.I booked for a dinner reservation to experience their fine dining.Again fantastic food and fantastic staff, we were waited on hand and foot.
We can highly recommend Ettingham park to anyone and we hopefully would love to return.Thank you to everyone there.
Mrs Richards

1 Thank Elisha W
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor.I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay.Thank you for all your kind words about the hotel and especially the team ; I know they read TripAdvisor and they will be delighted with your comments.

I hope we can welcome you back soon

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2012

I was looking for a really nice location for my wife's birthday. We invited fourteen other guests - some with children - and wanted private dining and a pool at a country hotel about two hours out of London. We were not disappointed by Ettington. The service for all our guests was great. The wine and food were top-notch and the setting was perfect.

We had Champagne and canapés to start and then moved into the Library for dinner. Finally back to our room which was the Shirley Suite. Four-poster, TV over the roll-top bath - lovely.

The pool/sauna/steam was done really well. It felt like a quality place and they looked after our every need.

My wife was chuffed to bits and we'll be visiting again with the kids.

Room Tip: Shirley Suite overlooking the front is perfect.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank MarkNForrest
ettington, General Manager at Ettington Park Hotel, responded to this review, 8 May 2012
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor.I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.I could not agree more with you about the Shirley Suite - it is such a special room.Thank you for your kind words about the team , I know many them read TripAdvisor and they will be delighted.

Great to hear you will be back with the kids - just don't leave it too long !

Jonathan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alderminster
Hallmark Hotel The Welcombe
#1 of 1 in Ettington
The Stratford, A QHotel
The Stratford, A QHotel
#5 of 28 in Stratford-upon-Avon

Been to Ettington Park Hotel? Share your experiences!