We stayed here back when there was an offer for cream tea, dinner, bed & breakfast. We've stayed in 2 other handpicked hotels and loved them and their service. Unfortunately out of the 3 this is the most disappointing hotel. The grounds are lovely and views are beautiful. From the outside the hotel looks stunning. We were luckily checked even though arriving early. The gentleman on reception was brilliant however the rest of the staff had little to them. The hotel was extremely busy at this time due to the great weather. The rooms are nice with comfortable beds and room even with a cot. The pool is amazing although were never really informed of how to get to it and what we had to do to get in to it. Some of the staff didn't seem to understand the offer as we requested our free cream teas yet just received a tea & coffee each in our room and then were still charged. The dinner was lovely although when we were sat to look through the menu prior the room was filthy and not been tidied or cleaned from the afternoon teas they had served. The biggest disappoint was breakfast in the room. We always do this when staying at handpicked as we have our daughter it makes it easier. It was a good 15-30 minutes late and when received you could tell. The tea & coffee was cold, the food over cooked and spoiled and all we ended up with was cereal. The lady on checkout made us feel slightly awkward as we were only staying the one night where they obviously get people staying for 2nights or more. We have discussed this with the manager and feel they took the comments well. If you are used to amazing this isn't quite there but very easily could be.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ettington Park Hotel, the only AA 4 Red Star hotel in Stratford-Upon-Avon, is set in 40 acres of parkland in a verdant valley with the River Stour meandering through it. Situated just six miles from the centre of the famed home of Shakespeare and just a few miles from the start of The Cotswold Way, this spectacular property is a world apart from the hustle and bustle of contemporary life. Built from six types of Cotswold stone, Ettington Park is furnished with fine paintings and decorated with friezes that trace its centuries of tradition and heritage. This is a country house where historic extravagance meets contemporary comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Ettington Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Ettington Park
- Ettington Park Stratford Upon Avon
- Ettington Hotel Park
- Ettington Park Hotel Alderminster, Warwickshire