Have stayed here for 8 nights in total across 6 months with work
1. Large rooms in the main building, nicely decorated and plush. Bathrooms nice.
2. Staff attentive and welcoming. Waiter service can be a bit of a mixed bag
3. Lovely homemade cake and biscuits
4. Nice grounds
5. Never used the pool but other collegues said it was nice.
1. Food was a mixed bag, evening meals were okay. The last night I had chicken with a red wine sauce and it wasn't the best. The desserts were good. Lunch was okay, although carrot salad with truffle oil left a lot to be desired.
2. The main hotel rooms noisy
3. The library and main rooms a bit dusty, especially the blinds.
Overall, I liked it for work but if I stayed with my wife I might feel underwhelmed a bit. It tries to be a luxury place to stay and nearly hits the mark- but falls short.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ettington Park Hotel, the only AA 4 Red Star hotel in Stratford-Upon-Avon, is set in 40 acres of parkland in a verdant valley with the River Stour meandering through it. Situated just six miles from the centre of the famed home of Shakespeare and just a few miles from the start of The Cotswold Way, this spectacular property is a world apart from the hustle and bustle of contemporary life. Built from six types of Cotswold stone, Ettington Park is furnished with fine paintings and decorated with friezes that trace its centuries of tradition and heritage. This is a country house where historic extravagance meets contemporary comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Ettington Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Ettington Park
- Ettington Park Stratford Upon Avon
- Ettington Hotel Park
- Ettington Park Hotel Alderminster, Warwickshire