Fantastic Fri and Sat night stay for two on the 1st & 2nd August 2008. A truly enchanting, ancient place, perfect for a weekend treat. Booked a Classic room with breakfast and dinner included. I wanted the Executive but these were all booked up at least a week before. I registered my email address with Handpicked Hotels and got a free bottle of pink champagne (summer promotion). This was waiting for us on ice in the room upon arrival. The room was lovely, well furnished with an excellent, huge bathroom (large bath and power shower incl.) Large flat screen TV and DVD with a facility to borrow DVDs from the hotel collection free of charge, which is a nice touch. Throughout our stay the service from the staff was superb, made to feel very special, particularly when arriving for the evening meal. There was a wedding during the weekend but this was managed in such a way that it no real impact on us at all. There's also the lovely grounds, which have a certain 'presence'. Try googling 'Ettington Park Hotel haunted'. There's also Stratford-upon-Avon to see nearby. But the jewel in Ettington's crown is the fine dining in the Oak Restaurant. It is amazing and I cannot recommend this enough. Even though the hotel was virtually fully booked, the whole place has a sense of ease and style that made it an absolute pleasure. Little things - when I arrived, I was asked if I would like a newspaper delivered, which I did. This didn't arrive but when I pointed this out, a member of staff scurried off to find one so no great problem. Oh, and you only got one packet of biscuits with the complimentary tea and coffee in the room, which is a bit stingy. But, if you can live with this, you will have a wonderful time. I did and I look forward to going again sometime.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ettington Park Hotel, the only AA 4 Red Star hotel in Stratford-Upon-Avon, is set in 40 acres of parkland in a verdant valley with the River Stour meandering through it. Situated just six miles from the centre of the famed home of Shakespeare and just a few miles from the start of The Cotswold Way, this spectacular property is a world apart from the hustle and bustle of contemporary life. Built from six types of Cotswold stone, Ettington Park is furnished with fine paintings and decorated with friezes that trace its centuries of tradition and heritage. This is a country house where historic extravagance meets contemporary comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Superbreak UK, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Ettington Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Ettington Park
- Ettington Park Stratford Upon Avon
- Ettington Hotel Park
- Ettington Park Hotel Alderminster, Warwickshire