I booked into Ettington Park Hotel on Friday 13th December with my partner and my parents to celebrate my 30th birthday. We arrived a little early with a friend who wasn't actually staying at the hotel with us. Unfortunately my room wasn't quite ready, however, my moms was so we were all shown there and told that staff would pop along with our keys the minute our room was ready. My mom had booked an executive room and was situated on the ground floor of the garden wing. Well what a room it was! It had absolutely everything you would need, incudling a view of the magnificent grounds (with a door opening onto a private garden area!) and the chapel. After haing a quick refresh we decided to grab a sandwich in the bar, we were advised by the very friendly staff that although we were more than welcome to dine there we may be more comfortable in the great drawing room next door. They were very right! it was spacious, comfortable and we even got to se several deer grazing in the grounds whilst we enjoyed tea and sandwiches (whic were also lovely).
Staff cam through to use just before 3pm to advise that my room was ready so as I was rather excited to see if my room was as good as my moms I popped straight up there. all I can say is WOW! We had been upgraded to the Park suite (room 2) in the main house. So that in itself was a lovely surprise. The suite was gorgeous, large bedroom/sitting area with the comfiest bed I've ever had in a hotel, a sofa and table and chairs for extra seating. the bathroom was out of this world with a huge shower and a large deep bath (with added TV at the end!) and the views...stunning! we were looking out over the extensive grounds and the chapel form two huge windows. I could not fault anything at all with either room and the hotel and staff either. We were made to feel so welcome and the whole place had a very down to earth feel.
Unfortunately we did not have dinner at the hotel as I was meeting friends for a birthday meal in Stratford, but when we came down for our taxi the staff who had checked us in were so lovely saying how lovely we looked and wishing me a happy birthday. Breakfast the next morning was perfect and sort of made me wish we had booked dinner the night before. We were able to help ourseleves to any of the continental offerings and were able to select froma wide range of cooked to order cooked breakfasts. From a full english (which both my dad and partner selected) to gorgeous omelettes, porridge, scrambled eggs and kippers. There was something for everyone and again the staff could not help us enough.
I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and my only regret is that we couldn't stay longer! the staff were wlecoming, helpful and made us feel so welcome. I will definately be back to Ettington Park as soon as I can. Its a very beautiful classy hotel but it does not feel stuffy or unwelcoming in the slightest.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ettington Park Hotel, the only AA 4 Red Star hotel in Stratford-Upon-Avon, is set in 40 acres of parkland in a verdant valley with the River Stour meandering through it. Situated just six miles from the centre of the famed home of Shakespeare and just a few miles from the start of The Cotswold Way, this spectacular property is a world apart from the hustle and bustle of contemporary life. Built from six types of Cotswold stone, Ettington Park is furnished with fine paintings and decorated with friezes that trace its centuries of tradition and heritage. This is a country house where historic extravagance meets contemporary comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Superbreak UK, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Hotel.de, HRS, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Ettington Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Ettington Park
- Ettington Park Stratford Upon Avon
- Ettington Hotel Park
- Ettington Park Hotel Alderminster, Warwickshire