“Beautiful Family wedding looked after by fabulous staff”

Ettington Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Alderminster
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Have must returned from a 3 night stay at Ettington Park Hotel. We are attending a family wedding but decided to make a long weekend of it. The wedding itself went off beautifully and in this picture perfect environment it made the perfect back drop for the perfect day.

This is only my second trip advisor review but just felt that I had to say what a fantastic team of staff the Ettington Park Hotel has. Nothing was too much trouble, they constantly had a smile on their faces and even remembered guests christian names! The wedding party had exclusive use of the hotel on the saturday and the staff coped with all of us staying up till 4.30am - coping with some guests who had really enjoyed themselves - and where all back on duty again when we all came down for breakfast at 9am with the bride and groom.

It always seems to me that trip advisor can be a platform for guests to tell everyone of their grievances without advising the establishment first and praise can sometimes come in very short supply. I have owned and run restaurants and pubs for 21 years and can safely say that the staff at Ettington Park are the finest and friendliest that I have ever come across in a hotel! We noticed the following day that it was not just us that the staff were friendly to, but all guests visiting - even those just popping in for a look round. The owners should be very proud of such a fantastic team - unfortunately I live in Sussex but have already made plans to return in the near future. A wonderful wedding weekend made brilliant by these staff.

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely, from the classic upto the suites. Stunning grounds and the afternoon tea looke...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank nickilles
GM-Ettingtonpark, General Manager at Ettington Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Thank you for completing your review and the comments you have made with regard to your recent stay with us. I have shared your comments with my team who are delighted that they made your stay one to remember, we do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back for a return stay with us in the near future. Kind regards

Write a ReviewReviews (1,569)

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Spent one night at the hotel to celebrate our anniversary on the 29th May. Overall the location was fantastic and our room was great. Our only complaint was the service in the evening when we booked to have dinner at 8:15pm and we finally got seated around 9pm. We sat in the lounge waiting for service and when we felt as though we had been forgotten by the staff who were dealing with the dinner orders of other guests who had turned up after we had arrived. The food was excellent just a shame the standard of service wasn't the same. There was also no wifi in the hotel during our stay which was inconvenient as the reception was very bad. We would return to the hotel albeit our experience was tainted by the poor service in the lounge.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for completing your review and the comments you have made, I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I would like to apologise that you were kept waiting in the lounge prior to dinner, I have discussed your comments with my team to ensure all guests are kept informed should there be a delay. We do look forward to welcoming you back for a return stay with us. Kind regards

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I have lunched with friends at this hotel twice in the last six months- it is perfect venue as it is around 1.5 hours from where we stay. On the first visit we asked for a tour of the hotel and were given this by a very attentive, informed manager who went out of his way to make the tour interesting. The lunch is not cheap so we go only for special occasions- Christmas and my birthday. As it was my birthday lunch my sweet came with Happy Birthday written on it- a lovely touch. After lunch we adjurned to the lounge for coffee and chocolates -very civilised. There were plenty of other guests enjoying afternoon tea.

I have read mixed reviews about the service you get at this hotel but I have found the staff to be exceptionally helpful and friendly. We will be going back there again!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for completing your review and the comments you have made, we are delighted to hear just how much you enjoyed your lunch and tour and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future. Kind regards

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We visited here this weekend to use our afternoon tea vouchers that we got as a Christmas present. The staff were nice and friendly & the cake sandwiches and tea were great! I'm veggie so they made me some meat free sandwiches & they were delicious. The grounds and gardens and church ruin were great to wonder around. Overall yes I would visit for afternoon tea again.

• Stayed: May 2014

Thank you for completing your review, we are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your afternoon tea with us, and we are happy to cater for all dietary requirements. We hope to welcome you back for a return visit in the near future. Kind regards

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The beautiful surroundings, incredible food and attentive staff make this a holiday in its own right. Even if you are away for one day the ability to unwind and relax makes a visit worthwhile.
The spa is beautiful and as for guests only always quiet.
Food outstanding and the recommended wine with dinner was reasonable in cost and amazing in flavour.
The beautiful Norman chapel in the grounds adds a to the beauty and cannot think of a more fairy tale place. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank for completing your review and the comments you have made, we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and very much look forward to welcoming you back for a future stay with us. Kind regards

Reviewed 26 May 2014

It is really difficult to comprehend how uninspiring our stay could possibly be. We stayed just one night on our quest to visit all the Handpicked Hotels.
We had booked last minute and had to pay a supplement of £20 as there were no basic rooms available. On the surface the room seemed quite pleasant but there was no air in the bedroom, the window could only be opened slightly and I could not sleep. I turned off the radiators and walked into a large cobweb which seemed to stay with me until I discovered that the inhabitant had decided to come with me too.
As Gold card members of the hotel group we usually have a fruit bowl left in the room. We went to look around the hotel and on our return the fruit had arrived....topped by a decidedly black banana! Please don't leave fruit if that is the condition that is in...not impressive.
After 20 minutes sitting in the bar we had to ask one of the staff for a drink. Shame we were not offered some peanuts or other snacks too.
The spa was ok apart from dirty towels around the pool.
We decided against eating in the restaurant because the hotel was empty and lacked atmosphere.
The staff were plentiful but seemed disinterested, they ignored us unless we asked for something. They were too busy talking amongst themselves, in their own language and definitely not looking after the customers needs.
It appears that at this hotel they seem more interested in corporate clients rather than their loyal customers.
The overriding fact is that the staff make a hotel a success and a pleasure to stay at...not the building alone.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Angela O
GM-Ettingtonpark, General Manager at Ettington Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thank you for completing your review and the comments you have made. Firstly, please accept my sincere apologies for the shortfalls in service. Please be assured that I have discussed this with my team and we have taken immediate action has been taken. I would be grateful if you would contact me in order for me to discuss this with you in more detail. Kind regards

Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a couple of days on business. Brilliant old style hotel. Old style quality service. Especially from the conference manager and the restaurant manager. These guys know what professionalism is. I'll be back with the family soon. Excellent corporate facilities and a wonderful settling. I am not a walkover on trip adviser review and can be critical but this place was brilliant. Oh and the ghosts..... Just added spice. Thanks to all at the hotel.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for completing your review and the comments you have made. We are so pleased to hear that your meeting was a success and your comments have been shared with my conference manager. We very much look forward to welcoming you back for a return stay with us. Kind regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Alderminster
Hallmark Hotel The Welcombe
#6 of 28 in Stratford-upon-Avon
Stratford Limes Hotel
Stratford Limes Hotel
#1 of 28 in Stratford-upon-Avon

Been to Ettington Park Hotel? Share your experiences!