An amazing building in beautiful surroundings. Our two day stay here was very enjoyable, and was made even more so by the excellent service given by a few members of staff. I must first of all thank the young concierge who, met us as we approached the hotel with the most professional and friendly welcome I have ever encountered. He is the true star of the Ettington Park hotel and I hope that Handpicked Hotels realise what a star they have in him. The room, although just a standard double truly met and exceeded the four star standard, the room was perfectly made up and replenished twice a day. The hotel pool was immaculately clean and we'll maintained. Our only slight criticisms would be that at reception there was some confusion over the room rate and I was asked to pay £50 per night deposit ! Something I have never been asked to do in any hotel either 3 or 5 star. We ate in the restaurant both evening as the quality of the food was very good, however this was let down by the knowledge of the waiting staff. On both evenings we asked for the "artisan cheese board", when it arrived we asked what the cheeses were. On the first evening the charming waitress explained that she didn't know but would find out, she returned immediately and gave a very clear and precise description of each cheese. On the second evening, as the cheeses had clearly changed, we asked the same question, the young waiter looked confused, then returned shortly and explained they were cheddar, Brie and goats cheese and couldn't remember what the forth one was. If your going to charge these prices and describe the menu as fine dining please ensure the waiting staff know what they are serving.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ettington Park Hotel, the only AA 4 Red Star hotel in Stratford-Upon-Avon, is set in 40 acres of parkland in a verdant valley with the River Stour meandering through it. Situated just six miles from the centre of the famed home of Shakespeare and just a few miles from the start of The Cotswold Way, this spectacular property is a world apart from the hustle and bustle of contemporary life. Built from six types of Cotswold stone, Ettington Park is furnished with fine paintings and decorated with friezes that trace its centuries of tradition and heritage. This is a country house where historic extravagance meets contemporary comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LateRooms, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Lastminute, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Ettington Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Ettington Park
- Ettington Park Stratford Upon Avon
- Ettington Hotel Park
- Ettington Park Hotel Alderminster, Warwickshire