Went to have lunch their, the food was for a 4 star hotel unbelievably bad, e.g. the starter of parma ham consisted of a piece of very old and tough ham surrounded by some form of foliage with a splash of balsamic vinegar.
The main course of beef with 1 small piece of cauliflour (frozen) one small piece of broccoli, 3 pieces of roast potato which had been cooked in god knows what and tasted awful, followed by a selection of cheeses which were tolerable.
The best part of the meal was the coffee.
the overall standard of the quality of the food out of 10 would be around 3, this is not the standard i would expect from this hotel which i would imagine advertises for foreign visitors.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ettington Park Hotel, the only AA 4 Red Star hotel in Stratford-Upon-Avon, is set in 40 acres of parkland in a verdant valley with the River Stour meandering through it. Situated just six miles from the centre of the famed home of Shakespeare and just a few miles from the start of The Cotswold Way, this spectacular property is a world apart from the hustle and bustle of contemporary life. Built from six types of Cotswold stone, Ettington Park is furnished with fine paintings and decorated with friezes that trace its centuries of tradition and heritage. This is a country house where historic extravagance meets contemporary comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., LateRooms, HotelQuickly, HRS, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Ettington Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Ettington Park
- Ettington Park Stratford Upon Avon
- Ettington Hotel Park
- Ettington Park Hotel Alderminster, Warwickshire