We headed off to Ettington Park for our anniversary. We had gotten deal which meant we were upgraded to an Executive suite. It was large, but the bathroom was quite dated and I think the cleaner must have been having an off day! The headboard was very dusty and there were cobwebs hanging down in our room - number 9. Good job we werent disabled as there were steps down into our room!
We had dinner there (included in the room price) and I have to say it was lovely! Neither my boyfriend or I (vegetarian!) had any reason to complain and we had a great evening.
The bed however left a little to be desired! It felt a little unstable and in the morning in full daylight, it turned out that it only had 3 legs!!!! The furniture in the rest of the room was a little worn.
Breakfast was again entertaining. We had a good choice of buffet items - breads, pastries, fruit, cold meats and cheeses and also the full english breakfast included with a choice of eggs. I ordered the vegetarian breakfast with poached eggs and my boyfriend ordered the full english with fried eggs. I ended up with poached eggs, veggie sausages, mushrooms and BACON whilst by boyfriend ended up with a full english minus the BACON...
The location of the hotel is fantastic and it looks wonderful from outside. You cant help feeling it is looking a little tired on the inside and would benefit from a few internal changes such as a designated reception desk - the current set up is a little chaotic. The staff are also eclectic! We had forgotten the toothpaste and toothbrushes and asked for a replacement along with an extra bathrobe as we had only been given one. We got the bathrobe, but no toothbrushes appeared. We had to go down to reception to enquire about them to be told, they didnt have any!!
We paid £135 for dinner bed and breakfast and on the whole it was good value. If we had paid the full price, we'd probably have made more of the issues we had experience. The other Handpicked Hotels such as Wood Hall are better quality and vfm.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ettington Park Hotel, the only AA 4 Red Star hotel in Stratford-Upon-Avon, is set in 40 acres of parkland in a verdant valley with the River Stour meandering through it. Situated just six miles from the centre of the famed home of Shakespeare and just a few miles from the start of The Cotswold Way, this spectacular property is a world apart from the hustle and bustle of contemporary life. Built from six types of Cotswold stone, Ettington Park is furnished with fine paintings and decorated with friezes that trace its centuries of tradition and heritage. This is a country house where historic extravagance meets contemporary comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Ettington Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Ettington Park
- Ettington Park Stratford Upon Avon
- Ettington Hotel Park
- Ettington Park Hotel Alderminster, Warwickshire