This luxurious country house hotel is located in its own extensive grounds about 5 miles outside Stratford-upon-Avon. Sympathetically converted from an old manor house, it has many Gothic features, yet has a wonderful warm feeling about it and is in good decorative order. First impressions were of busy, bustling, activity and professional and friendly staff. Our bags were taken to our room, which was large, plush and well-appointed, with a comfortable settee and large flat-screen TV. The bathroom was large and modern, though the TV volume control on the wall was broken, which meant being deafened whenever the TV was on. Dinner in the oak-panelled dining room was haute cuisine and excellent, only spoiled by the draught from the nearby external door, which seemed to be open frequently (just our luck to get a table by the door). Very small children seemed to be fed in a separate room, which made for a calmer atmosphere. Drinks were rather expensive (e.g. £7.25 for a G&T), but normal for that standard of hotel. Upstairs, our bed had been turned down and a weather forecast for the next day was left in our room - a nice touch. The room (Room 10) proved to be a little noisy, possibly from the lift, but this subsided overnight and was not a major problem.
Breakfast was served in all the public rooms on the ground floor, with the hot and cold buffet located in the main lobby and corridor (we ate in the library): an unusual approach, but it worked quite well. The food was good, though the hot buffet was a little limited in range and the plates were not heated. Checkout was trouble-free and our bags were taken to our car for us.
We had a special DB&B rate of £139 in total, for one night, which included an upgraded room, a glass of champagne each, canapes and table d'hote dinner (worth £35). It was first class value for an excellent hotel, which had a real buzz to it. It was professionally run with attentive and very friendly staff. Highly recommended, especially for families.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ettington Park Hotel, the only AA 4 Red Star hotel in Stratford-Upon-Avon, is set in 40 acres of parkland in a verdant valley with the River Stour meandering through it. Situated just six miles from the centre of the famed home of Shakespeare and just a few miles from the start of The Cotswold Way, this spectacular property is a world apart from the hustle and bustle of contemporary life. Built from six types of Cotswold stone, Ettington Park is furnished with fine paintings and decorated with friezes that trace its centuries of tradition and heritage. This is a country house where historic extravagance meets contemporary comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Ettington Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Ettington Park
- Ettington Park Stratford Upon Avon
- Ettington Hotel Park
- Ettington Park Hotel Alderminster, Warwickshire