This historic hotel is set in the Warwick countryside and is a stunningly beautiful hotel. The guest rooms are well furnished and comfortable with queen beds (most UK hotels that state they have king beds, as this one says it does, actually have queen/double beds - it's an English thing!). We had a lovely veiw over the grounds from our first floor room. The bathroom could do with a slight update (shower is confusing to use), but not to the extent that you would hesitate about returning to the hotel.
The pool, spa and sauna are one of the best I've ever encountered in a hotel. You can float on your back in the pool and, through the glass ceiling, watch the bird circle above. It's all very scerene. The changing rooms for the pool area are down a stone spiral staircase, adding to the building's ambience. The changing rooms are modern and every thing you need is catered for - showers, extra towels, swimsuit dryers and plastic bags.
The breakfast was also fantastic. It's rare these days to get a cooked breakfast included in your room price that is delivered to your door. Usually it's a bain marie spread of lackluster, mass produced items. This is not the case here. The hotel prides itself on fresh food and the breakfast was a reflection of this. You had a choice of how you wanted your eggs done, fruit (the real thing, not tinned), cereals, toast, and a full English breakfast.
The dinner at the hotel was nice, however, very expensive. Being Australian, I guess I'm spoilt for good quality food at reasonable prices, so this could predjudice me.
We were very impressed and it was a great start to our European trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ettington Park Hotel, the only AA 4 Red Star hotel in Stratford-Upon-Avon, is set in 40 acres of parkland in a verdant valley with the River Stour meandering through it. Situated just six miles from the centre of the famed home of Shakespeare and just a few miles from the start of The Cotswold Way, this spectacular property is a world apart from the hustle and bustle of contemporary life. Built from six types of Cotswold stone, Ettington Park is furnished with fine paintings and decorated with friezes that trace its centuries of tradition and heritage. This is a country house where historic extravagance meets contemporary comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LateRooms, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Lastminute, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Ettington Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Ettington Park
- Ettington Park Stratford Upon Avon
- Ettington Hotel Park
- Ettington Park Hotel Alderminster, Warwickshire