“What a Bargain!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Alderminster
London, United Kingdom
“What a Bargain!”
Reviewed 18 February 2010

We stayed here for one night on the way back from Alton Towers and well what a bargain! We booked through Last Minute and got the hotel for £20 per room per night including breakfast!!!! Set in lovely gardens...Rooms we immaculate and breakfast was a good spread! An absolute bargain and so close to Stratford!.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
London
Reviewed 5 February 2010

I held 3 days worth of meetings and dinners ranging from 90 to 12 people. The staff are absolutely amazing and could not have been accommodating and patient. The rooms are lovely and the surroundings are beautiful. I could not recommend this venue highly enough.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 2 February 2010

A little more than a year ago, my wife and I drove past Ettington Park on our way to Stratford-on-Avon. The beauty of the place caught our eyes and we stopped to check it out. It was a fascinating property and the staff member who greeted us was so proud of the place, that this year we decided to stay there. We had a delightful stay, enjoying the beauty of the hotel and its public rooms. The place abounds with history, and the staff appear very proud of the history and only too happy to share it with guests. The meals were very good and the sleeping accommodations were excellent. The bathroom was not only spacious and clean, but the wonderful shower had controls which I was able to understand and work without my glasses. Overall, a delightful place to stay, and very reasonably priced.

stratford-upon-Avon
Reviewed 29 January 2010

We went out for dinner - a romantic celebration. They hadn't recorded our booking - but they had a table. The menu was so limited we nearly walked out. It was nothing like the menu on the intertnet. The wines were overpriced - the cheapest wine (from S America) was £25. We have eaten in restaurants all round the world from the Savoy in London to New Zealand but this was THE WORST VALUE FOR MONEY anywhere. A great pity!

1 Thank gallstones
harrogate
Reviewed 28 January 2010

We were greeted by a charming young man as we drove up to the front door.He welcomed us,helped us check in and showed us to our room.My wife headed off to the pool which she had to herself,Before dinner we were served complimentary champagne and canapés. Dinner, which was excellent, was served in a beautiful dining room.Throughout the service was exceptional.Not only will we return to this hotel we will go out of our way to stay there.

Nottingham
Reviewed 20 January 2010

Absolutly gorgeous. My fiance and I stayed at Ettington Park with the Winter Deal for two nights. This included Bed,breakfast and dinner with a glass of champagne and canapes and it was truely magical. From the moment we walked in we were treated like royality. Nothing was too much trouble.Our room was beautiful with an amazing view of the church. I suppose what made it even more beautiful was the snow and deer that were running past our window when have room service for breakfast.
The hotel was spotless and we felt like we were in a museum. It was warm, cosy and very comfortable. Because it was midweek we basically had the spa side to ourselves which again was spotless and very very good.
The food was out standing and never felt hungry. The table d'hote was out of this world with lots to choose from. The breakfast again was out standing and both mornings we were lazy and ordered room service where we could choose asmuch or as little as we wanted. But the highlight of the trip for me was the afternoon tea. We had it on the day we arrived and were the only people to be having it at that time in the drawing room which was massive. All I can say is if you go you must try it......
The staff also were very attentive and made you feel very special...
My fiance and I are hoping to go back soon as we loved it so much...well worth a visit!

Nuneaton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 January 2010

This was my 3rd stop at Ettington Park, I have just really fallen in love with the place. This time i went with my mum as it was my christmas gift to her. The journey to the hotel was a little stressful in the snow especially when the deer jump out in front of you.

On arrival we realised there was a wedding going on , I was a bit nervous about this and worried that are stay might not be a nice as I hoped. However I had nothing to worry about, Checkin staff were lovely, chatty and welcoming.

We were early so went to the lounge for a drink until our room was ready, again staff were extremly friendly and ensured we werent left out due to the wedding going on.

We used the pool and hottub and were lucky to be the only people down there.

Our room was beautiful, we were taken there by Damion who has been working on all on my visits and it is nice when staff remember you.

Dinner was amazing my mum was very impressed which was good. I think the chef there is fantastic and have never had a meal that hasn't wowed me!

We spent the rest of the evening in the lounge were again staff were attentive and friendly.

After a good nights sleep breakfast was another lovely experiance choosing a hot breakfast off the menu and helping ourselves to the cold buffet of fruit, juices, pastries, cerals.

check out was fast and easy, well definatly be returning soon.

Best Hotel I've stayed in.

• Stayed January 2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alderminster
Hallmark Hotel The Welcombe
Ettington Chase Hotel
Ettington Chase Hotel
#1 of 1 in Ettington
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,411 reviews

Been to Ettington Park Hotel? Share your experiences!