“last minute meal” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Bell

The Bell
Price range: US$15 - US$31
Cuisines: British, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Bar Scene, View, Business meetings, Kids, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Country pub, restaurant and boutique B&B situated about 4 miles south of Stratford upon Avon on the edge of the Cotswolds. Award winning gastro pub with emphasis on taste and flavour, all dishes are imaginative and cooked fresh to order. Menu changes with the season to accommodate fresh, local and seasonal produce. Wines are handpicked and guest ales run alongside Guiness, Alscot Ale and Robinsons cider. Each of the nine rooms are individually styled with en-suite facilities and added luxuries such as L'Occitane toiletries and fresh milk and Monsoon Estates coffee. The perfect retreat for any occasion.
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
“last minute meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

as a family of 4 we arrived at The Bell on a Monday evening for a meal. Expecting it to be relatively quiet on a Monday evening it was quite busy but we had a choice of where we sat and it was no problem getting a table, i wish it had been a warmer evening and could have sat outside which had a nice patio area. service was prompt and efficient and nothing seemed to much trouble. two of us had the set 3 course meal while the other two chose off the menu..everything was presented very well and was delicious....one slight issue with my duck main course being a bit on the dry side was dealt with and an offer of no charge for the desert was made. ...this did not spoil our evenings dining and would go back again with no hesitation.

1 Thank JuHicks

leicestershire
“My wedding anniversary lunch”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

We booked for lunch Saturday 14 June 2014 when we arrived we ordered a drink and said we would sit in the lounge prior to eating, after a short time we asked where our table was, we were shown to this and given menu, I ordered the mackerel in bater with rice and tikka salad, more batter than fish and all was tasteless, my main was mussels and prawns a huge dish full with garlic bread, we just had ice cream after. My husband had the pulled pork,then the lamb with sweet potatoes served with a feta salad. We felt the service was very lacking in all aspects we have been going to this restaurant for 20 years it was taken over 6years ago, we last visited 3years ago, but this time we were very disappointed, the dryer in the ladies toilet did not work properly and there was no paper towels, for the price of the food and drink we also feel linen serviettes should be on the table a 65mile round trip for this was very disappointing .

• 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank j15185
Horsham, United Kingdom
“Lovely sunday roast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

After a bit of research on where to go for a Sunday lunch on our way to stay in Stratford-upon-Avon we settled on The Bell and were glad we did. The food was served quickly, hot and presented very well although a couple of my potatoes were burnt and I clearly got the end bit of the lamb, my goats cheese starter was lovely and my husbands potatoes were unscathed. The setting was really lovely and the people lucky enough to get a conservatory table had an even better atmosphere.I got the impression I was a bit unlucky with my main so I'm still giving it 4* for the service, starters and other main.

Fleet, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a Superb meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

My wife and I visited last Thursday evening, on the off chance and what a find.

The interior of the pub is delightful, with an intimate dining area. All the staff were friendly and very helpful. We chose the 3 course meal for the great price of £18 per person.
Everything we had was amazing, a starter of Goats Cheese Tartlet, Homemade Chicken Pie in the most wonderful Cream sauce, followed by Chocolate & Rum Torte.
Everything else we saw delivered to other tables also looked great. By 8pm on a Thursday evening, the place was full. Best meal we have had in a long time.
So great I had to shake the hand of the chef.

Richmond, United Kingdom
“Very smart pub and very popular”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Food was very good and the evening meal of 3 courses for £18 was excellent value. Service was a little slow, the staff were lovely but I think as it was so busy they were struggling to keep up. Would definitely return.

Visited May 2014