I so wanted this place to work out for our office Christmas party. Everything looked great on paper on the site. But it really didn't work out for us, and I'm still razzed by my colleagues for it.
Unfortunately we picked a rainy night but we did what we could. The space is nice and it was a decent set-up for a dinner. We liked the food and the service during dinner was pretty good.
But it all went downhill after that dinner. It was only 9pm or so and we retired to the billiards room. Well, let me tell you, we were served drinks by the surliest of servers. Probably one of the grouchiest and least helpful barmaids I have to deal with in years. She made our last hour lousy with her bad attitude. She cut off all wine and beer at 11pm on the dot and kicked us out. We had nowhere to go except for our rooms, as we were now shut down on the only night we have out all year together, and because the inn is near nothing. We all went to bed at 11 even though we could have have enjoyed billiards and wine for another couple of hours. It was a total buzz kill.
The owner didn't ask us anything about our experience the next morning, knowing we were part of that group (there were about 8 of us checking out at once and all chatting, there was no question we were with that group). It was obvious to me that he didn't want to hear about the criticisms and made no point to thank us for the nearly $10000 we probably brought in between the party and the rooms we rented. Since that night he has sent a note through our party planner about a plan to put better group event training in place. Hopefully that works out.
One thing I will say is that we had a nice big room, though not worth $300 in my book.
But bottom line, a disappointing group event. We will definitely not be back and I wouldn't recommend this place if you're trying to impress your co-workers with a flawless work party.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just an hour from Melbourne, spoil yourself with a few days and nights of elegance and indulgence at Woodman Estate Luxury Country Hotel, Restaurant & Spa. Overlooking a private lake and surrounded by landscaped gardens, this exquisite Victorian estate provides luxurious accommodation coupled with warm, welcoming professional hospitality. There are just ten suites/rooms, all elegantly furnished and fitted with modern amenities. Guests can enjoy a romantic candlelit dinner or relaxed meal in the hotel's restaurant and there are numerous eateries and wineries close by. A highlight is the on-site Spa Retreat which offers a full range of relaxation massages and treatments as well as rejuvenation programs for 3, 5 and 7 days. Other facilities include a billiard room, tennis court, row boat for the lake and walking paths around the lake's edge. Relax - Your own private sanctuary awaits! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your Woodman Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Woodman Estate Hotel Victoria
- Woodman Estate Victoria
- Woodman Estate Australia/Mornington Peninsula - Moorooduc