We have just returned from a 10 day stay at the Gran Melia in Tenerife. After reading some of the reviews we were pleasantly surprised to find the hotel to be very tranquil. Our room (on the 3rd floor with a sea view) was better than we imagined and was kept very clean throughout our stay (although on a couple of occasions had not been done when we returned at 5pm) The staff were friendly and there was no queuing for any of the restaurants. However, our middle weekend was a Spanish holiday and the hotel was packed - so queuing became the rule! The poolside was noisy and the staff became less attentive. However a massage or perhaps reflexology at the YHI Spa is a must - ask for an outside cabin. We took a trip to the village of Playa de San Juan and ate at the Marlin. The food is excellent (I would recommend the lobster) We left the hotel by the pool exit and walked along the seafront to Alcala and had "tapas" lunch at Tu Runcon, an ordinary looking seafront cafe but the tapas was very good. Also a must do in this village is a restaurant called "Lupulo" - a beautiful setting in the village square and the food is to die for. We only discovered it the night before we left or we'd have gone there a few more times.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The natural beauty of Tenerife combines with an intense passion for service in the most superior luxury hotel on the island. With the Atlantic Ocean at its feet and the majestic Teide as a backdrop, the stunning scenery and eternal spring climate allows the Gran Meliá Palacio de Isora to provide guests with endless magical moments. The hotel has taken care of everything down to the very finest detail in each of its rooms, creating a personalised setting to ensure your total satisfaction. Imagine the experience of viewing the sun setting over the ocean from one of the magnificent rooms in this fantastic resort, the best 5 star hotel in Tenerife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Melia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Prestigia, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Gran Melia Palacio de Isora Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Palacio De Isora Hotel Alcala
- Gran Melia Guia De Isora
- Palacio De Isora Gran Melia
- Gran Melia Palacio De Isora Resort & Spa Tenerife/Guia De Isora