We stayed at the Sensatori/Gran Melia Palacio de Isora for the last week of January 2013 and took advatage of the All Inclusive drinks/ Silver Plus option added to Full Board Plus.
Check in was swift an hassle free and two minutes after we arrived at our room there was a knock at the door by the bellboy with our luggage, a very quick service.
The room ( a demi garden suite) was exactly as pictured in the brochure, complete with large comfortable bed, double bath and rain shower and all spotlessly clean. The fridge (mini bar) was initially empty, a list of drinks (with prices attached) was left for you to fill in for stocking of the mini bar with your required beverages.
Food was plentiful i the Pangea restaurant , with a varied selection and and good quality. although we only ate here for breakfast and a couple of times in the evening.
The A La CarteRestaurants included in the Full Board Plus option were quite easy to book in the morning on the computer screens provided in reception and we could have ate at any of these on every evening if desired, although we tend to eat around nine o'clock, so this may have been a factor in the availability of tables when we wanted them.
The Pool Oasis Grill served a good standard of food with good service and a good selection available from the menu. This restaurant was also open at lunchtimes, you could have a nice fillet steak here at lunchtime (this was down as veal on the menu). The Club Oasis (Italian) was also of a similar good standard.
Please note the Specialities on the menus are not included in the full board plus or half board options and come at an extra charge.
The grounds are immaculately kept with some beatiful koi carp ponds. The infinity pool is very impressive and it was such a shame that being salt water it was frezing cold and not many were brave enough to venture in. However all the other four pools (red level only, adult only, family and childrens) were heated. We opted to stay around the adults pool for some peace and quiet. The only draw back being the walk to the nearest bar for refreshments, although the bar staff occassionally come around and ask if you'd like a drink to brought from the bar. The all inclusive drinks option was very good value, and included virtually everything.
In the early evening it was very pleasant to relax at the Club Oasis chill out area with the DJ playing chill out tunes. One evening we watched a fantastic fireworks display. The Nemos piano bar was also a very relaxed atmosphere, although on one evening we witnessed the staff being overwelmed by a large group (in excess of 200) attending a pharmaceutacal convention at the hotel, which was not really fair for couples just wanting to take it easy on holiday.
The Theatre Bar for entertainement was a large conference like room with a stage at one end. This place never seemed to attract a lot of people. The entertainement could be the cause of the this, as although the six animation team members are obviously very talented, they appeared to churn out modern songs in an older fashioned style, very clever in the arrangemnt, however monotonous when done time and time again. During the week we were here there was only two external acts brought in, a guy doing motown and soul who was very good albeit his set only lasting around 45 minutes. The other act was a tribute act to Michael Jackson, the guy could dance, but could'nt sing very well while dancing and when he started to speak like Michael Jackson it all became a bit of a comedy.
We had a very enjoyable stay here and will definitely return to this hotel (hopefully soon). The weather was amazing during our stay, the best we have had in the last five years of coming to this part of Tenerife (28-30 degrees with no cloud every day) and I do not know if there would have been enough inside bar space, should the weather take a turn for the worse, also the a la carte restaurants are also open to the elements.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The natural beauty of Tenerife combines with an intense passion for service in the most superior luxury hotel on the island. With the Atlantic Ocean at its feet and the majestic Teide as a backdrop, the stunning scenery and eternal spring climate allows the Gran Meliá Palacio de Isora to provide guests with endless magical moments. The hotel has taken care of everything down to the very finest detail in each of its rooms, creating a personalised setting to ensure your total satisfaction. Imagine the experience of viewing the sun setting over the ocean from one of the magnificent rooms in this fantastic resort, the best 5 star hotel in Tenerife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Melia, Expedia, Prestigia, Lastminute, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Gran Melia Palacio de Isora Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Palacio De Isora Hotel Alcala
- Gran Melia Guia De Isora
- Palacio De Isora Gran Melia
- Gran Melia Palacio De Isora Resort & Spa Tenerife/Guia De Isora