This was my 3rd holiday at this hotel - booked with thomson as part of sensatori. We had booked a suite but when we got to our room there was a really foul smell - asked to be moved and even said I would downgrade if need be but reception managed to find me another suite which we were happy with.
I love this hotel but I have noticed a few things that I would like management to consider - there is a slight issue with the Pangea restaurant and people wanting to dine outside - peak time seems to be from 9.30am for breakfast - we were always happy to eat inside so wasn't a problem. I think the problem could be solved at dinner however if they would sort the lighting inside - dim the lighting, use some candles and create a bit of ambience. I am sure then people would not be so obsessed with eating outside if they would do this.
Overall the food is very good - the only place where we felt It wasn't up to standard was at the pool restaurant - pizza bases were cheap, hot dog rolls and burger rolls could be stale and the quality overall was not there.
The staff are lovely, housekeeping are great - my little boy loved the pirate pool and the lifeguard was great. We had Bali beds for a couple of days and thoroughly enjoyed relaxing looking out on infinity pool.
We will definitely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The natural beauty of Tenerife combines with an intense passion for service in the most superior luxury hotel on the island. With the Atlantic Ocean at its feet and the majestic Teide as a backdrop, the stunning scenery and eternal spring climate allows the Gran Meliá Palacio de Isora to provide guests with endless magical moments. The hotel has taken care of everything down to the very finest detail in each of its rooms, creating a personalised setting to ensure your total satisfaction. Imagine the experience of viewing the sun setting over the ocean from one of the magnificent rooms in this fantastic resort, the best 5 star hotel in Tenerife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Melia, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Gran Melia Palacio de Isora Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Palacio De Isora Hotel Alcala
- Gran Melia Guia De Isora
- Palacio De Isora Gran Melia
- Gran Melia Palacio De Isora Resort & Spa Tenerife/Guia De Isora