Gran Melia Palacio de Isora Resort & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Allegro Isora(Playa de la Arena)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Hotel Bahia Flamingo(Playa de la Arena)
  • Restaurant
Holiday Village Tenerife(Puerto de Santiago)
View Hotel
Be Live Experience Playa La Arena(Puerto de Santiago)
  • Beachfront
Be Live Family Costa los Gigantes(Puerto de Santiago)
  • Breakfast included
Blue Sea Lagos de Cesar(Puerto de Santiago)
  • Restaurant
Dragos Del Sur(Puerto de Santiago)
  • Pool
Globales Tamaimo Tropical(Puerto de Santiago)
  • Restaurant
Ona El Marques(Santiago del Teide)
7,520 results
All reviewsinfinity poolfamily poolmarket grillbuffet restaurantpiano bargarden roomred levelbeautiful hotelsensatori guestssalt waterbooking systema la carte restaurantsthe wow factorclub oceanwaiter servicepirate shipthe sofa bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

I have read some of the reviews and am amazed by such negative comments. I have just had a week with my husband and two children (9&7) we were not red level and we were treated just as well as any of the other guests. The hotel is stunning. We went during school time so it was quieter. If you don't want to holiday with children at your hotel then choose one that's adult only. The hotel has a wonderful kids club and my children really enjoyed cinema night (7.30-9.30) which gives you some free time. There were a few issues with people not wearing correct shoes for the specialist restaurants. (Closed shoes for men) most hotels have similar rules on dress code. The food in the main restaurant was really good. Steaks, stir fries, pasta, cheeses, salads, there always is a massive choice. The meat was cooked freshly for you to your liking. The pools were brilliant. No issues on sun beds either .... You are not allowed to reserve beds and the staff will move towels and bags if they are left unattended before 10. This isn't a problem if you don't do it!!!! Makes life a lot easier!!! The infinity pool was my favourite. Just glorious. I hope these positive comments help. I would defiantly go again.

• Stayed: May 2014
6  Thank 57Carole
Pablo Q, Red Glove Service Manager at Gran Melia Palacio de Isora Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Mrs. 57Carole,

Firstly we would like to thank you for your preference in selecting Gran Meliá Palacio de Isora.

Your compliments on our facilities and restaurants are highly appreciated, as we create our menus for our guests to enjoy unique gastronomic experiences. We are glad to read your positive feedback as it encourages us to keep working with the same service philosophy.

We hope to welcome you soon at our resort.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

To my mind this hotel didn`t rate as a 5 star hotel. The Staff were fantastic . Two restaurants were available with no booking all others had to be booked on a machine to get a ticket always booked think people must have got up in middle of the night to book! Hotel spotless rooms are very dark but spacious and comfortable.The adults only pool was always very over crowded. Beautiful building and gardens. Food not up to a 5 star.We were very disappointed in this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gloria349

Dear Mrs. Gloria349,

Thank you for the time you have taken to share your impressions on TripAdvisor.

We regret not being able to suit your expectations, as all of our team strives to always offer the best service so our guests can enjoy unique experiences at Tenerife.

Regarding our restaurants, we would like to inform you that all of them, excepting Pangea, must been booked for dinner, although it is not necessary to book them for lunch. Do not hesitate that we will forward your comments to Sensatori, regarding their restaurant booking machines, so they can take them into consideration for future improvements.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Travelled with Thomsons to this hotel at the end of april for a week. Having read the reviews for a few months prior to going i was a bit apprehensive. I can honestly say we all (my wife and i, our 18 month old daughter and my in-laws) had a wonderful time. The reception of the hotel is stunning. The hotel was immaculately clean. Our room 5023 was quite a bit from reception and pool areas but having a young kid suited us actually. The room was huge and very clean. The bed was massive.....and my daughters cots also very clean. The only issue we had with the room was the shower flooding the bathroom. My in-laws shower also flooded twice. Apart from that the rooms were lovely. The use of the green card which credits you woth €20 per day if you dont use the maid service is an excellent idea. It paid for our drinks after our meals at night as we were full board plus. The food was lovely all week. Great choice at the pangea restaurant for all meals. The italian was excellent also. We didnt find it any problem getting booked in unlike alot of other reviews had mentioned. Nightime entertainment was good. Rob singing and playing guitar.....excellent and easy to listen too. And the entertainment team in the theatre were great. The nursery/play room for kids was a great touch and the girls working there were very friendly. Stay and play time on everyday which we used when the sun was at its hottest is much appreciated. I could go on and on about this hotel. A wonderful holiday was had by our family and we will certainly be back!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Craig D

Dear Mr. Craig D,

Thank you for the time you have taken to share this nice review of Gran Meliá Palacio de Isora on TripAdvisor.

It is truly a pleasure to know that your family has enjoyed a lovely holiday, as your compliments are the best reward to our staff’s dedication to the service excellence. However, do not hesitate that we will take into consideration each of your comments for future improvements.

We are looking forward to welcoming you soon.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

I am currently a very unimpressed guest staying at the Gran Melia Palacio, Thomson Sensatori.

When booking this holiday at Thomson Cardiff Queen Street I asked for a interconnecting room when booking, I was told that it could not be guaranteed but due to the age of the children it would be looked at favourably which I was happy with. I then emailed the hotel directly only to be told that they did not even do interconnecting rooms, I went to complain to Thomson who said they would need to speak to the Manager. he the called me back to say that they told us it was not guaranteed and there was nothing they could do, unless I wanted to loose around £1500, or upgrade costing another £1700. Despite all of this they have also split my booking to save themselves discount so I cannot sit with my wife and child. I explained what happened to the Thomson staff what had happened only to be told there was nothing they could do, and they where very sorry, the only way they can do anything for me is to pay yet more money.

I now have one room I don't use and my one child is sleeping on a mattress on the floor, and they call this a 5* resort, and nothing is to much trouble, it's a joke.

Basically if you book direct with Sol Melia you will have a great holiday, if you want to book with a company who are about as unhelpful as you can get go with Thomson.

I have spent in the region of £15000 in the last 4 years with Thomson, there is no customer loyalty of any kind and they will never get a penny of my money again.

THOMSON, WHAT A JOKE.

Stayed: May 2014
15  Thank rosshow
Pablo Q, Red Glove Service Manager at Gran Melia Palacio de Isora Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Mr. rosshow,

Thank you for selecting Gran Meliá Palacio de Isora for your holiday at Tenerife, as well as for the time you have taken to share your experience with us through TripAdvisor.

We are sorry about the misunderstanding with your travel agency, although we would like to inform you that in Gran Meliá Palacio de Isora the only interconnecting rooms we have are a Mastersuite connected a Deluxe room. However, when our guests or their travel agency request to allocate two rooms near each other, we always do our best yet we cannot guarantee this as it is subject to the hotel’s availability. We regret not knowing about this situation during this stay, as we always do our best for our guests to enjoy a lovely holiday.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Spent a week here at the end of April and as stunning a resort it is, personally I wouldn't say it was 5*+ as Thomsons rate it. There were a few wee issues that again personally, I don't expect to find in such a highly rated hotel. Firstly, the lid on our kettle was broken, we informed the rep who got another sent up, it was filthy and full of lime scale! This was then replaced again but thankfully with a brand new kettle! The toiletries in the room were fine, apart from the little box of goodies which should have contained a comb, cotton buds, cotton pads and a shower cap. The comb was missing and the shower cap had been used and put back! This along with the kettle issue could have been prevented if the person in charge of cleaning the room thoroughly checked EVERYTHING when the previous guest left. The shower leaked water into the bathroom and there was slight mould on the grout in the tiles. I am being very picky here but as I said, I feel things like this shouldn't happen in a 5*+ hotel. The booking system for the restaurants wasn't as bad as I'd previously read although we struggled to get into Club Ocean restaurant until the last 2 nights when I got up extra early to book. I can understand why it is such a popular place, all restaurants we used, apart from the Market Grill, were really good, but the Club Ocean was excellent, the food and the service was superior to the rest, although Oasis Pool Grille came a close 2nd. I'd avoid the Market Grill as the staff were incredibly unfriendly and it took ages to be served, I spoke to a couple of people who didn't have very good things to say about it. The hotel itself is STUNNING! I can't fault that. We spent most evenings in the Club Ocean outside area listening the guy on guitar, I felt more entertainment could have been there as we couldn't really go to Atlas Theatre as we had our 6 month old daughter with us. We used the nursery facility and the girls there were fantastic, probably the best staff in the resort, we also got a free evening spot as we had booked in the UK and that was from 7.30pm-11.30pm which meant we could have dinner in peace! There's loads I could write about this hotel but I'd be here forever! All in it was a great holiday, rooms were nice apart from the wee issues oh and there is nothing near the hotel, touristy wise. I'd recommend to go here, but don't expect 5*+ service or rooms!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a pool view as our room was other side of hotel and NEVER got any sunshine!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank miffi28

Dear Mrs. miffi28,

Thank you for the time you have taken to share your comments with the TripAdvisor community, as well as for your preference in selecting Gran Meliá Palacio de Isora for your holiday.

We are glad to know that you have enjoyed your holiday at Tenerife, although you may rest assured that we will take into consideration each of your comments, as we think that just through listening carefully to our guests’ opinions, we will be able to improve ourselves.