Great hotel; i won't go into details here, but was booked with only a couple of weeks notice, on the understanding it was a hotel we could get some adult time with the kids in creche & play care.
Tried to book childcare online in advance, didn't work. Rang up Thomson to book over the phone, they couldn't make it work. Rang again and spoke with someone else, who said that it wasn't working because the time period we were travelling was over the boundary of the time frame childcare was available (we went end of october). They suggested i ring the hotel and speak with them there to book. Rang the hotel. spoke with the thomson rep who said that they couldn't help, but would speak with the childcare section to make the booking. Rang back and they said that they couldn't speak with the person they wanted, but that it would be ok to book when i arrived. I asked to be notified if there was any problem with me doing that, as the only reason for going to that resort was to get adult time. no one called back, so i assumed all was ok.
Arrived (at night), went straight there first thing in the morning, and they tell us that actually everything is completely booked and we can't get any childcare. On grilling, they suggest that if i come back daily, there may be a cancellation we can take. There is one. We arrive on the day for the ONE session of childcare that we have booked, and find that one of the workers is ill and they don't have any backup staff, and therefore the childcare is off anyway. So Zero adult time on the holiday.
Wrote to thomson to tell them my experience and suggest they need to review their procedures and they completely ignored my story and just sent what seemed mostly a form letter back that was completely irrelevant. Would need some serious incentive to ever travel with Thomson again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The natural beauty of Tenerife combines with an intense passion for service in the most superior luxury hotel on the island. With the Atlantic Ocean at its feet and the majestic Teide as a backdrop, the stunning scenery and eternal spring climate allows the Gran Meliá Palacio de Isora to provide guests with endless magical moments. The hotel has taken care of everything down to the very finest detail in each of its rooms, creating a personalised setting to ensure your total satisfaction. Imagine the experience of viewing the sun setting over the ocean from one of the magnificent rooms in this fantastic resort, the best 5 star hotel in Tenerife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotelopia, Melia, Lastminute and Hotels.com so you can book your Gran Melia Palacio de Isora Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Palacio De Isora Hotel Alcala
- Gran Melia Guia De Isora
- Palacio De Isora Gran Melia
- Gran Melia Palacio De Isora Resort & Spa Tenerife/Guia De Isora