US$338
Allegro Isora(Playa de la Arena)
US$128
US$104
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$123/night.

US$228
US$214
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Dragos Del Sur(Puerto de Santiago)
  • Pool
Ona El Marques(Santiago del Teide)(Great Value!)
US$126
  • Restaurant
Royal Sun Resort(Los Gigantes)
US$168
  • Restaurant
Rok Plaza(Alcala)
7,873 results
All reviewsinfinity poolfamily poolmarket grillbuffet restaurantpiano bargarden roomred levelsensatori guestsbeautiful hotelsalt waterbooking systema la carte restaurantsthe sofa bedclub oceanwaiter servicethe wow factorpirate ship
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Having been to Sensatori Crete last year and thoroughly enjoying it we decided to try Tenerife. The Hotel itself is very impressive, it's on a grand scale and immaculate. Reception staff are very friendly and helpful. We booked a Garden Room which was lovely very spacious but quite gloomy and had very little natural light. It had a Bali bed which was a nice touch but quite useless if you wanted to get any sun.

The food was of a good standard but was more or less the same everyday. We had no problem booking restaurants although were limited as we had a 3 1/2 year old and children were only allowed in them on specific nights. We ate in Market Grill which the menu was limited and food poor...I wouldn't recommend. We ate at the Oasis Grill twice and enjoyed it service was good and food was nice. The oasis bar was shocking for service, my husband waited 30 minutes to get served and ended up walking away. The service in the main restaurant was hit and miss, I had to ask several times for drinks and also for plates to be moved.....this seems to be the norm in the inside part. I think the management need to re think the staffing in this area as the staff never stop but are busy clearing tables ready for new guests to be able to service the ones already there.

The hotel as a large infinity pool....very salty. Family pool....very salty and a small pool with a pirate ship in which is quite tucked away, we stayed in this pool as the water was much better. I wouldn't like to think I was going in peak season as you would struggle to get beds around this pool. There is a button which you press for service around this pool which is a nice touch.

We didn't attend any of the evening entertainment as we had a small child so Russel the Brussel was as far as we went :-) the kids show was brill and my daughter loved it. She also went to the daytime supervised events which again she loved, all the staff there are lovely, bright and bubbly.

I have to agree with other comments that the Sensatori staff were of no use at all and I can't understand why they would need 3 staff at the desk! I reported a nappy in the garden to them and it was still there the next day, I went to the hotel reception and it was gone within 10 minutes.

Even though I have a small child I found at times meal times were a struggle mainly because parents couldn't control their children, there was lots of screaming and creating from the children and lots of pleading from the parents......rather than telling them to behave.

In a nutshell it's a lovely hotel but service is hit and miss and there is an air of snobbery about. There is little outside the hotel so you are stuck. I much prefer the service and ambiance of Sensatori Crete to this one. We have booked Sensatori Egypt for December and I'm now a little nervousness as this hotel didn't live upto my expectations.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Pablo Q, Red Glove Service Manager at Gran Melia Palacio de Isora Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Mrs. DonnaSYorks,

Firstly we would like to thank you for your preference in selecting Gran Meliá Palacio de Isora for your holiday at Tenerife, as well as for the time you have taken to share your impressions through TripAdvisor.

We are glad to know that you enjoyed our facilities and entertainment program, although we are sorry that our service did not suit your expectations, as all of our team strives to pamper each of our guests. You may rest assured that we will forward your comments to the area supervisor in order to take them into consideration for future improvements.

We would like to remind you that most of our restaurants are family-friendly, excepting La Terrace, located in our Red Level, which is adults only, and our Dúo Fine Dining’s inner dining area, which is adults only excepting Thursday and Friday evening.

We hope to welcome you soon to our resort.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Fantastic hotel, first class food, very good staff. Thomson advertised this Sensatori hotel as a place for relaxing and enjoying the atmosphere of a 5 star hotel. This was ruined by what appeared to be 60% of the occupants having young out of control children with them. All the adults were crowed around what seemed to be the small adult only pool area to try and get some peace and quite from the rest of the hotel. Even the romantic evening meals in the various restaurants were ruined by children running around between the tables up until late at night while the parents tried to wear them out for a peaceful nights sleep.
Then at the end of our stay a British building supplies conference turned up and then embarrassed anyone British by drinking to excess and shouting and swearing until the early hours.(I work on a building site and took my wife away to avoid this)
Beautiful Hotel but definitely NOT FOR COUPLES.

Room Tip: Do not pay extra for a sea view room, all rooms have good views even the gardens.
1  Thank Paul R
Pablo Q, Red Glove Service Manager at Gran Melia Palacio de Isora Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Mr. Paul R,

Thank you for the time you have spent on sharing with us this review of Gran Meliá Palacio de Isora on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to know that our facilities, gastronomic offer and service exceeded your expectations, although we are sorry that some situations besmirched somehow your overall experience with us.

We would like to recommend you our Red Level at Gran Meliá Palacio de Isora, a boutique hotel inside the resort, for your next holiday, as it is an adult only hotel with its own private areas with exclusive Red Level reception, Red Level pool, Liquid Garden Bar and La Terrace restaurant with fondue specialties. Moreover, our exclusive Red Level has butler service and impressive rooms with everything you may need, on its over 18 years old areas.

We are looking forward to welcoming you soon.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

My wife came to the resort with her sister 2 years ago. She was extremely impressed and determined to return with me her husband knowing I too would be impressed. It was everything she described.
The hotel and complex is very impressive spotlessly clean, the staff very friendly and well turned out.
The restaurants and food was extremely good and the Pangea restaurant provided an exceptional buffet at all meal times.Booking a table at the other restaurants was not a problem if you was still up just after midnight, and if the restaurant (the whole of it!) you wanted to book was not avaiable and taken over by hundreds of delegates on a conference which we knew nothing of.
As a couple in our sixties, we spent most days around the adult pool, OK the loungers were too close together but we did not see this as a big deal.
The entertainment: We loved the piano bar. The resident artists were very professional, however the small bar with its intimate atmosphere was spoilt by the large numbers of noisy delegates who flooded the bar after they left the restaurant they took over. As luck happened this was for two nights only.
The entertainments staff were very professional and put on some good shows, However this was spoilt for a lot of couples due to parents who let their infants run around shouting and screaming during the acts. I and other couples believe the 10pm shows should be adult only as most of the entertainment was unsuitable for infants.
Overall we loved the holiday and if the points mentioned were addressed we could see ourselves returning.

2  Thank Allerford

Dear Mr. Allerford,

Thank your for the time you have spent on sharing with the TripAdvisor community your comments regarding your last stay at Gran Meliá Palacio de Isora.

Your compliments on our facilities, restaurants and service are highly appreciated, as all of our team strives every day to the service excellence, in order to provide each of our guests unique experiences on Tenerife. We appreciated your feedback, as we think that just through listening carefully to our guests’ opinion, we will be able to carry on with our efforts to always improve and better ourselves.

We are looking forward to welcoming you soon.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

A great hotel if you are looking for a relaxing break without having to travel long haul. The hotel itself is a very impressive looking hotel, we opted for the Red Level, which is definitely worth while, the check in was smooth and very friendly, the room was lovely, very generous size, complimentary Clarins toiletries and and the butler service private pool for red level members and complimentary drinks for an hour each evening are all very nice touches.

One thing to bare in mind is that the hotel is quite isolated so if you want to eat outside the hotel your options are quite limited, there are a few restaurants in the local town but none of which are likely to excite you greatly.

The food in the hotel is a little bit hit and miss, the Red Level breakfast is excellent and the staff cannot do enough for you and the service is exceptional, the Japanese was also a very good experience, however the Italian was a little on the average side, but the biggest disappointment had to be DUO. The menu was exceptionally limited and had three different varieties of Gazpacho as a starter, surely there is a limit to how many cold soups you need at a restaurant. For the main course I had steak, which was probably the toughest steak I have ever tried to eat. To top it off I found the maître d rather smarmy and overbearing. There was also a lack of flexibility I asked one waiter if I could pick a starter off the DUO TAPAS restaurant menu and was informed that I couldn't, something I have never been told in any 5 star hotel in the world.The DUO TAPAS menu was also very limited, the food was good, but considering I have been all over Spain and enjoyed various tapas dishes, the menu definitely needs to be extended to include traditional Spanish dishes. All in all a very nice relaxing stay, the red level staff are a huge credit to the hotel and made it a great holiday, however the food in the main hotel was average at best and certainly not the standards you expect at a 5 star hotel.

Room Tip: If you can, go for Red Level.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mjbrand14

Dear Mr. brandyboy,

Firstly we would like to thank you for selecting our Red Level boutique hotel at Gran Meliá Palacio de Isora for your holiday, as well as for the time you have taken to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

We are proud to know that you have enjoyed a relaxing and unique holiday with us, as all of our staff strives every day to pamper our guests. We are glad to know that our facilities, rooms and gastronomic offer met your expectations, although we are sorry that our DÚO Fine Dining restaurant was not to your liking. We will take into consideration each of your comments as a great value for us to better ourselves and we will continue working to improve our services, as our top priority is to provide the best experience to our guests.

We are looking forward to welcoming you soon to Red Level at Gran Meliá Palacio de Isora.
Best regards,

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Right then, after having read the mixed reviews my and my partner were very concerned. The hotel looks splendid and very modern. All areas are specious with several bars, restaurants and a theatre with tribute acts (btw. those guys are trying very hard to please the audience, so those who wrote negative reviews about them here should not do so unless the are successful singers themselves!). The DJ and the guy playing saxophone to some chill out house music as well as the guitarist on the main terrace area by the italian restaurant have had a very de-stressing effect, so well-done to them!You will find that all the staff are very tactful and courteous and if unsure would double check with the kitchen and come back to you, which is a good practice. Regarding the food itself we were rather disappointed (bearing in mind that we visited the hotel based on my partner's friend recommendation who went there a couple of years ago and said that the food was one of the best selling points). The buffet food has been pretty much the same every single day and there was no availability for my partner with celiac disease to have gluten free bread, pancakes or pasta during breakfast or lunch. All the fruit was unripe, especially the super-sour pineapple which tasted more like a lemon which I presume comes from the fact that they order everything in bulk and keep refrigerated for freshness, but it doesn't work I am afraid. There were no berries available to accompany pancakes apart from some sour strawberries, no king prawns, only one lamb dish in a whole week and no pecans which I tend to have to accompany my breakfast. Regarding the meat in the buffet restaurant, well all the meat that was served in a sauce was chewy and undercooked On the other hand the fried bananas were delicious and the olive bread with some cream cheese was delightful with some coffee. Regarding restaurants-both the market grill and oasis bar and grill are not to any standard whatsoever and the menus are poor. The beef stroganoff I've had has turned out to be the worst meal I've ever had in my life-the poor quality meat tasted of flour it has been coated in and the sauce tasted like a school dinner, yyykkk. The lemon mouse has had some strange curds in texture and was extremely unnaturally acidic as it tasted of citric acid and not a lemon juice and has had no trace of a lemon zest at all. The coconut mousse was lovely on the other side, so no idea how they got the other one so wrong. The mango sorbet was very sweet, but flavoursome and the lobster itself was nice, but the pasta and the sauce it was served with were terrible, as it has had an intensive earthy wholegrain flavour with outrageous amounts of salt in stodgy. Would have been soooo much better in some tomato sauce with a drizzle of cream, lemon and garlic and a little bit of garnish so a bit of a shame on that one. Also, don't get too excited about the chocolate fondant cake- all you will get would be an overcooked chocolate cake. Change of subject-the Sensatori reps are not of any use whatsoever as when we are awaiting a bus transfer back to the airport and the bus pulled up late and the driver thought it was only for the Manchester flight and not the East Midlands one so we were stood outside trying to work it out and communicate with a driver whose English was rather poor and guess what the reps did-erm, nothing all three of them were sat around their desks inside the hotel chatting away, such a shame they didn't bother getting involved. Well anyways,all those reviews would depend on personal standards and expectations so you will find rating being under and above this one. I don't think we will be returning due to the clientele behaving like they were God's gift to the earth which I am not going to bother going into detail about, but I would say try it and see if it is for you.

Room Tip: The higher up the better room. You can see the volcano if you come out to your balcony on those facing the buffet restaurant.
2  Thank Marta M

Dear Mrs. Marta M,

We would like to begin by thanking you for the time you have spent on sharing with us your comments regarding your last stay, as well as for selecting our resort for your holiday.

Your compliments on our entertainment program are highly appreciated, although we will take into consideration each of your comments regarding our gastronomic offer for future improvements, as we consider your feedback as great value for us to keep bettering every aspect of our activities. Also, we would like to thank you for your kind comments regarding our service, as all of our staff will be delighted to know that they made a positive difference on your holiday.

Finally, we would like to inform you that both in our breakfast and lunch service we have special products for guests with special alimentary needs, such as guests with celiac disease. Please, do not hesitate to contact our restaurants’ staff in order to get more information about the products available.

We hope to welcome you soon to Gran Meliá Palacio de Isora.