Book now, pay at stay
US$311
Hotels.com
Allegro Isora(Playa de la Arena)
US$191
  • Free Breakfast
  • Pool
Dragos Del Sur(Puerto de Santiago)
Free cancellation until 25/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$89
  • Pool
Globales Tamaimo Tropical(Puerto de Santiago)
US$318
US$242
Cancelon
  • Restaurant
Ona El Marques(Santiago del Teide)(Great Value!)
US$143
  • Restaurant
Royal Sun Resort(Los Gigantes)
US$227
US$126
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
7,705 results
All reviewsinfinity poolfamily poolred levelmarket grillbuffet restaurantpiano bargarden roomsensatori guestsbeautiful hotelsalt waterbooking systema la carte restaurantsthe wow factorclub oceandrinks packagepirate shipwaiter service
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Stayed here with Thomson Sensatori for the third time and as before thoroughly enjoyed it. Rooms are lovely with great bathrooms and nicely furnished areas to sit out. Tea & coffee in rooms as well as included fridge & safe. I paid extra for a sea view which was well worth the cost, that said there are also great views over beautiful gardens or out to Mount Teide. Reception was quick and efficient on arrival & staff polite throughout. Good food overall - Oasis Grill a real treat at lunch time and the Italian restaurant was fantastic if a bit tricky to reserve - be quick!! The main buffet restaurant Pangea serves high standard & great variety of food, only complaint it sometimes could be much hotter. There are lovely dining areas overlooking the fish pond, some adult only which is great for peaceful eating! We enjoyed the adult pool area, areas around the Infinity pool less so as there was an unpleasant smell of sewage at the grass area at the far end of the pool - not acceptable in any circumstance! No reserving sunbeds before 10, and well managed! Soa is lovely and worth a visit with great water features. One major drawback is the price of any kind of beverage/alcohol in the hotel - 7euro for two coffees, average 15 euros for two alcoholic drinks! There is a supermarket locally which is pretty cheap and a couple of local bars/cafés where drinks are better value. Piano bar pretty good, particularly when guitarist on, other entertainment usual hotel standards! The town quiet so not the place if it's busy nights out you want, relax and chill is the order of the day!

Room Tip: Really depends on the view you like! Gardens, pool area, sea view, mountain view all seem to offer something! 3097 and 4096 both worked pretty well for me!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Helen T
Pablo Q, Red Glove Service Manager at Gran Melia Palacio de Isora Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Mrs. Helen T,

We would like to begin by thanking you for your preference in selecting Gran Meliá Palacio de Isora for your holiday, and for the time you have taken to share your impressions with the TripAdvisor community.

We are delighted to know that you have enjoyed a lovely holiday at our resort, as all of our team strives to offer the highest service standards in each of our activities. Also, your compliments on our facilities, rooms and gastronomic offer are highly appreciated.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Okay, we stayed here in June 2014 for 11 nights. We were a little apprehensive due to some of the bad reviews on Trip Advisor, so here is our experience. The hotel itself is excellent, very modern, very spacious, very clean & very plush. There is everything you could wish for here to make your holiday an excellent one and we had no complaints about anything to do with the hotel, its amenities or the staff. The hotel does not allow sunbeds to be 'reserved' before 10:00am so it stops people putting their towels on them then buggering off for the day (we never had a problem); there are a number of pools including a children's and adults only (which was lovely and quiet). Our biggest gripe was the anomalies regarding the various levels of board. The hotel is called Gran Melia and Thomson have detailed it as a Sensatori hotel, due to it having all the facilities of one, so you get the 'Sensatori' experience. The hotel itself operates on a B&B arrangement, which can be upgraded to half-board, full board, full board plus or All Inclusive and this is where it fails (in my opinion). HB & FB are self explanatory, FB+ includes drinks with your meal (cheap wine, small glasses of beer, soft drinks & coffee etc.), All Inclusive includes all drinks detailed on a list they provide, but this is only at the bars. Any drinks you want in the restaurants have to be paid for as an extra, but this can be overcome by taking drinks in the restaurants with you. Any drinks you want outside of the 'all inclusive bar list' has a 50% discount (there are some anomalies on the list, i.e. you can have a G&T which costs 8 euros, but you have to pay for a Baileys which is the same price). The hotels biggest problem is the restaurants, there are 7 to choose from, the main restaurant is Pangea, it is buffet style, the food is good quality with a good variety including freshly cooked steaks, fish, chicken fillets and they have speciality nights where cooks will freshly prepare a Chinese dish for you etc. Included within HB, FB & FB+ there are 3 more restaurants which must be booked via a computer terminal within the reception area, they can be booked up to 48hrs in advance and the terminals open from midnight. This is great for late night 'revellers' who simply book the restaurant on the way back to their room each night (like we did), however if you have children and/or go to bed early, by the time you get to a terminal, even early in the morning all the restaurants can be booked up. I overheard one guest complaining to Customer Services he had been there 10 nights and hadn't managed to make a single booking. In all fairness we never had a problem. Again anomalies within the restaurants are the menu 'Specials', which are not included within HB, FB or FB+, but can cost the same, i.e. in the Market Grille I ordered grilled salmon which had a cost of 22 euros, but I couldn't have 'salmon on a hot stone' which was priced the same, it does make you feel a bit like a 2nd class guest There are 3 more 'exclusive' restaurants which are not included at all, but you get 30% discount off the meal bill if you are HB, FB or FB+ (the brochure states 25%). Because of the various levels of board everything (except breakfast) has to be signed for, which is a bit of a pain, but overall we had a great holiday and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Redwoodsteve

Dear Mr. Redwoodsteve,

Firstly, we would like to thank you for your preference in selecting Gran Meliá Palacio de Isora for your holiday, as well as for the time you have taken to share your comments with us through TripAdvisor.

We are glad to know that you have enjoyed a lovely time at our resort, as your positive feedback encourage us to carry on with our efforts to improve and better ourselves to offer unforgettable experiences at Tenerife.

We would like to inform you that in Gran Meliá Palacio de Isora we do not commercialize any All Inclusive package. Our guests can book any of the boards we have such as Accommodation Only, Bed and Breakfast, Half Board, Full Board or our Full Board + Package, which includes all the three meals during the day (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and the selected drinks (included on this package) served during the meals. Also, they can choose to acquire our Silver or Gold Drinks Package, which include several drinks (depending on the package, the included drinks may change) served in our bars and restaurants. Therefore, our Food & Beverage services do not include an AI package such as the one you mentioned. However, do not hesitate that we will take into consideration your comments for further improvements.

We hope to welcome you soon to our resort.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

We have sadly just returned from a 7 night break at this resort and I felt I had to write a review. The hotel was beautiful and staff were fantastic. We were a little apprehensive before arriving due to other bad reviews however we could not fault this hotel.
The room we stayed in (5100) was top floor with ocean views and was in immaculate condition. The rooms are beautifully presented and the bed was comfortable (and huge!) so we always got a good nights sleep.
The pools and gardens were impressive, we spent most of our time either by the infinity pool or adults only pool. There was never a problem getting well placed sun loungers and the pool service was a nice touch.
The food was lovely. We ate at all the restaurants. The Duo Tapas bar served incredible food, as did their fine dining restaurant. The sushi restaurant also served fantastic food so we would strongly recommend guests to book in for at least one of these restaurants. The Red Level restaurant had beautiful views at sunset. We did try to book with Club Ocean however struggled to get a reservation using their booking machines. However we asked our Sensatori rep and they managed to book us a table for our last evening, thank you! The food again was lovely and this was the perfect end to our holiday. Otherwise we had no problems booking any restaurants.
Drinks service was a little slow however we were on holiday so we weren't in a rush! The staff were all very friendly and the drinks package (Silver Plus) offered a wide range of beverages. We did like the cookies served with tea and coffee!
The weather was beautiful and we were sorry to leave at the end of our stay.
We have visited a wide variety of hotels in the past, from top 5* hotels to the less impressive and I am surprised by the previous negative reviews. We cannot fault this place at all, thank you for such a lovely holiday.

Room Tip: We stayed in 5100 with ocean views. It was a lovely peaceful room so would recommend!
2  Thank EmilyandAdam

Dear Mrs. EmilyandAdam,

Thank you for the time you have spent in sharing this excellent review of Gran Meliá Palacio de Isora on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to know that you have spent a lovely holiday at Tenerife. Your compliments on our facilities and gastronomic offer are highly appreciated, as it is due to the effort and dedication of our staff, that we are able to achieve our goal – the total satisfaction of our guests.

You are looking forward to welcoming you again at our resort.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I have just returned from a 7 night holiday at this fantastic resort and I am already wishing I was back there! Well what an amazing place really not quite sure where to start so I do apologise for this essay….
I travelled with my boyfriend and we were looking forward to spending a whole week completely de-stressing from our busy hectic jobs. It was our first holiday together and it is one I will never forget. On arrival I was amazed at the size of the place and how beautiful the settings were, by far the best hotel I have stayed in.
Check in was smooth and easy and we didn’t even have to take our suitcases to our room, we were informed that they would be delivered!
Upon arrival of our room 5047 – well for once in my life I was speechless! The room was just like a small apartment, the bed was gigantic, a lovely sofa for comfort, plenty of wardrobe and storage space (walk-in wardrobe!!) and a spacious bathroom with two sinks! His and hers love it 
We also requested a sea view and a high floor on booking and were pleased to be allocated the top floor and a lovely view so that was a bonus! As we arrived late in the night we settled into our lovely room for the night and couldn’t wait for the morning to come. The next morning we woke early and decided to venture round the resort (map in hand) as I still couldn’t believe the size of the place! Walking around I felt so privileged to be there, it was way beyond my expectations. I knew it was going to be nice but this was out of this world.
We attended the morning meeting with the Sensatori Guest Relations Team and it was very useful. I would recommend any first time visitor to this hotel to go along to the meeting as it is very informative and gives you a better idea as to where everything is on the resort. I would also recommend doing the walk around tour with them so you get your bearings!
So the obvious thing to start with is the swimming pools…all 5 of them!!! The infinity pool is breath-taking; it is the best I have ever seen by far. We spent most of our days by this pool as it offered a larger range of sunbeds and we liked the combination of being by the pool in salted water which helped my tanning process! What I liked a lot about the resort is the fact that even though there are families and small children there, there are areas where it is exclusive to adults only, which was ideal for us as we wanted the peace & quiet. Sun bed availability was not an issue considering the resort felt busy. We never had any problems getting the ones we wanted, and they are very comfy. I read a review on here before travelling where they said it was annoying that sun beds were too close. Well they are set out close but they are easily moveable so you can have it where you want it, so that review annoyed me after my own experience there. It is also great that they have a strict rule of no reserving sun beds with towels before 10am.
The next thing is the food. The choice of food is incredible!! As we were on the Full Board Plus package we had 3 meals per day included and a selection of drinks will all meals. The main buffet restaurant Pangea is a buffet like no other. When your there it doesn’t seem like your typical buffet – canteen style. It’s all laid out very spaciously with a great choice of all types of food. I was pleasantly surprised to learn that as part of our package we were entitled to have meals in 3 other restaurants on the resort as well. This pleased me as I don’t think I would have liked to have the buffet constantly for the whole stay plus it was nice to be able to sit down of an evening and have a meal together rather than getting up and down all the time. There was the Market Grill which we ate at two evenings of the holiday. Such lovely food and a beautiful romantic setting. The first evening we sat on a table overlooking the sunset and infinity pool – amazing!! The next was Club Ocean which again we spent two evenings at. The best fillet steak of my life highly recommended!! Again beautiful food and setting on the Plaza. Finally there was Ocean Grill, now we didn’t use this one as it was highly seafood based. Nothing wrong at all but we just weren’t’ big seafood lovers so we thought our time was best spent elsewhere. For these three restaurants booking was essential as explained by reception on check-in. You didn’t have to book lunchtimes but only for the evening. There were 3 machines on the resort that could book you in with your room number. It gave you the option of booking for the same day and next day along with a range of time slots. Now again I read reviews on here that was completely slating this procedure and I was a little apprehensive. But having been through the process myself all week I can honestly say I think people just like to moan about nothing! It was so easy to do; we had no trouble booking the nights we wanted, as long as you were booking when you get up in the morning or late at night after 12am. Anyone moaning about not getting in is either just winging for no reason or is expecting to get a reservation last minute which is just ridiculous!! When your there you can understand why they have to take bookings as they have limited seating and the resort holds 600 odd rooms so it’s common sense!!
We used the spa for a Mandarin hot stone massage which was worth every penny! Other features of the spa looked amazing but we just didn’t have time! They even have classes and 24 hour gym which we didn’t use but goes to show they cater for everyone’s needs!
We visited Siam Park which was great fun; I would recommend paying it a visit. We had such a laugh, but I would say one piece of advice would be to get the Tower of Power done first thing as the queue was over 2 hours long so we decided to leave that one and get more out of the other slides 
One of the best things about the resort is that as a sustainable place they offer a 20 euro credit each day you decline housekeeping. I thought it was just once but no you can build up credit to use towards various things on the resort. We managed to get 80 euros of credit as we really didn’t require a service every day and we used that money towards hiring a luxurious Bali Bed package for the day. This I would definitely recommend we even had wine and fruit served to us by waiters!
Very quickly….Entertainment was fab from what we attended. They had a Robbie Williams tribute act which was great fun!! And we absolutely loved the Nemo Bar as they had live music there every night. A very talented guitarist and a pianist from our neck of the woods in Newport! They were extremely entertaining providing us with constant good music until late in the evening and even played my request! We visited this bar mostly every night as it was perfect for chilling out with a few cocktails 
Finally I have to mention the staff at the resort…and I mean EVERYONE! They were all so friendly and polite. Always smiling and they honestly made us feel so welcome!! Restaurant staff were so attentive with drinks topping up without needing to ask, cleaners and porters so pleasant when passing in corridors, sensatori guest relations always helpful and informative when we required info on local transport and directions. Honestly I can’t stress enough how pleasant and hardworking everyone was so WELL DONE ALL!!!
Anyway I could praise this place forever and I think I have gone on long enough. I think I have covered everything…. But all in all a WONDERFUL holiday and I don’t normally say I would go back as I like to visit other places but I think I would 100% go back here. 7 nights was not long enough and I am missing the place already!!
I don't even have a negative because even if there was a small issue the million positives outweighed it so not even worth mentioning! Only thing I will say is the resort is perfect if your wanting to completely chill out and appreciate great food. If you like to explore the area you do have to travel but for what we wanted it was ideal. AMAZING and we are already looking for our next Sensatori Holiday!!

Room Tip: Our room had a lovely view and was very quiet. We had a top floor room and did not hear a peep from anyone all week!
6  Thank Emma W
Pablo Q, Red Glove Service Manager at Gran Melia Palacio de Isora Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Mr. Emma W,

Firstly we would like to express our gratitude for this excellent review you wrote regarding your stay at our resort.

Your kind comments are the best reward to our team, as they strive to pamper each of our guests so they can enjoy a lovely time with us. In addition, your compliments on our facilities, rooms and gastronomic offer, specially our Pangea, Market Grill and Club Ocean restaurants, are highly appreciated. Your feedback is a great tool for us to carry on with our proposal to the service excellence.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again for your next holiday at Tenerife.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We spent 2 great weeks at Palacio de Isora. Having booked far in advance on their site we got an excellent deal for a Deluxe room half board.
As we expected (and we had requested) it was in quietest wing of the resort: large, very nicely decorated and comfortable. Small balcony facing the lake over the main restaurant, big bathroom, double lavabo, bathtub, shower, toilet and bidet.
The Grand Melia in Tenerife is huge, nothing is intimate, but, at the same time, is undoubtedly the resort with the widest range of solutions for all kinds of guests that we have ever visited. There are gardens and pools for children, youth, families and also adults-only areas reserved for total quietness.
The location is delightful, close to the town, facing a wonderful promenade with beautiful public artificial beach with showers, lifeguards and security in the evenings.

Around the laguna pool all sun loungers are placed on a thick soft grass. There are plenty of seats available.
A lot of entertainments, music near the laguna pool, dj, piano bars, a big theatre with concerts and events every night (but started too early in the night) during a weekend they even opened two large halls facing the main square where big games for children with bouncy big games and another with great movies for kids.
In the evenings in the main square, at every hour, there is a show with fountains and music that animates the entire area.
Everywhere cleanliness and service are impeccable; sometimes excessive (if you manage to avoid the kind ladies in white who try to ‘sell’ you the Membership along with a presentation of 90 minutes !)

With our halfboard tariff we could eat both at the buffet restaurant as well (by booking) at some of the available restaurants.
This flexibility of choice is remarkable for standard guests. At the buffet we always ate really well with a large variety of food and excellent presentation.
We tried 3 other restaurants and it is worth mentioning the “Club Ocean” Italian restaurant for the excellence of the dishes, the speed and friendliness of the staff.
While in other cases we were not satisfied with where we were made to sit.
In addition to all, this hotel excels in many small details that make your stay more enjoyable, while others make us think why this excellent resort is likely to cause discomfort due to banal issues.

Every Tuesday and Wednesday morning was cut the grass in the area "adults-only" and “RedLevel”. This happened even up to 10:30 in the morning with a noisy lawnmower engine and another portable one (two-strokes?). These gears are terribly noisy, pollute and force guests to wait standing for half-hours standing until the staff has not put back in place the loungers.
There are powerful wireless electric mowers (maybe more than 2 simultaneously to expedite the work?) That could be used after 7 PM in the afternoon and early in the morning without causing any disturbance.
Throughout our stay, almost in the same area, have been made restoration works along the walls at the edge of the “RedLevel" area. There was a compressor that caused considerable discomfort at a distance of tens of meters. (We wondered if the RedLevel’s guests did request refunds).

Also in this case exist ultra silenced compressors for road works that are not heard if not a few meters.
The show with fountains, lights and music was pleasing only with Vivaldi, well synchronized, but, in all cases, the sound seemed to come from old analog recordings with distortions and hissing, while all the other music had very little synchronized with the fountains.Why ruining such a good show into such a beautiful scenery with components and / or elements of poor quality?

Pros
- by booking online with melia.com you receive a Euro 20 credit per day
- by accepting Green Day ( no housekeeping service for one day ) extra 20 Euro credit
- Beautiful comfy, immaculate rooms. In the second pass in the afternoon often the staff made ​also the bathroom.
- Foods and choice of restaurants for half board rich, well cooked and presented (see photos) and variety of meals, space for all kinds of guests

- free wifi good signal everywhere

- free parking inside the hotel parking
- pool towel system (you collect your towel with a key card and people can not "slyly" occupy the chairs with towels before 10 AM)

- free safe in room had electricity plug inside ( smart ! )

Cons
- In some restaurants the staff seemed more interested in quickly seating the guests at any place rather than caring of their wishes. (This even when there was not a lot of people).

- Unbelievable that a hotel of this value does not worry about the inconvenience caused by gardening jobs and/or maintenance works that destroy the peace and relaxation of guests.
- Why offer a great show of lights and music ruining water with a bad soundtrack and fountains not well synchronized ?

Room Tip: Book far in advance for great discount. Get a deluxe room much better than standard ones. Ask for a room on the third or fourth floor by the side of the lake with fish, adult side, all rooms with the last two decimals less than 70 are on that side, for example 4060. Those are the quietest aisles.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ollindo

Dear Mr. Ollindo,

Firstly we would like to thank you for your preference on selecting Gran Meliá Palacio de Isora, as well as for the time you have taken to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to know that you have enjoyed a lovely stay at our resort, as it is due to the effort and dedication of our staff, that we are able to achieve our goal – the total satisfaction of our guests. Also, you may rest assured that we will take into consideration each of your comments for futures improvements and we apologize for the inconvenience caused by the maintenance and gardening labors.

We hope to welcome you soon to our resort.