We are a family of 4 and our first impressions were that the hotel is HUGE!
All pool areas were overcrowded in as much as you could literally touch the person next to you!! Guests used to reserve and sit on their sun beds from 8.30 until 10am as you had your belongings removed before 10am. You are able to pre book balibeds which are double beds dotted around the pool areas which are lovely but cost either 60, 90 or 250 euros!
Our room was a 2 bed luxury suite ...... which apparently was resort view even though at check in we asked for ocean! Resort view meant overlooking a neighbouring car park a road and a baby pool including pirate ship. We complained and could not move until half way through our holiday and then they charged us 50 euros per day (even though we overlooked the main family pool) not the ocean! GREAT! But it was better than the carpark!
You had to queue at breakfast time which in our sons words was " like eating in a shopping mall ". This is served in the buffet area and is the only restaurant available to eat breakfast. The juice is warm. Poached eggs not freshly cooked to order, simply dipped in hot water when you ask for them. Toast take 3 to 4 times through the toaster to get remotely brown and the bacon is like a fat curdling mass of yuk! However the fruit and pastry selection was great!
The food throughout the hotel complex was mediocre but by far the best 2 restaurants were the italian(Ocean) and the market Grill!
The oasis grills' lunch was often luke warm and the service wasn't great!
We were half board but if you wanted to inc all your drinks you would of had to pay 105 euros per day, the downside of this was a) wearing a wristband like you were at some 3 star 18 to 30 resort or b) being served warm white or rose wine, (the hotels choice) by the glass ! We did not choose this option!
The daily itinery of activities for children was very comprehensive inc table tennis, tennis, discovering segway and football etc!
The evening entertainment in the theatre was mainly tribute acts. By far George Michael was the most hilarious. We did have to check at one point when the bingo started! JOKE!
To summarise if you want an overcrowded 4 star wrist band wearing classless hotel, then book away. Just not for us !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The natural beauty of Tenerife combines with an intense passion for service in the most superior luxury hotel on the island. With the Atlantic Ocean at its feet and the majestic Teide as a backdrop, the stunning scenery and eternal spring climate allows the Gran Meliá Palacio de Isora to provide guests with endless magical moments. The hotel has taken care of everything down to the very finest detail in each of its rooms, creating a personalised setting to ensure your total satisfaction. Imagine the experience of viewing the sun setting over the ocean from one of the magnificent rooms in this fantastic resort, the best 5 star hotel in Tenerife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Lastminute, Hotels.com, Melia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Gran Melia Palacio de Isora Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Palacio De Isora Hotel Alcala
- Gran Melia Guia De Isora
- Palacio De Isora Gran Melia
- Gran Melia Palacio De Isora Resort & Spa Tenerife/Guia De Isora