“Everything we could of ever wanted”
Review of Kilham Hall

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kilham
Kilham Hall
Ranked #2 of 2 Kilham B&B and Inns
“Everything we could of ever wanted”
Reviewed 23 June 2012

My boyfriend liam and I visited kilham hall over Easter weekend. When we arrived we were greeted at the door by joanne who seated us and gave us tea and scones and I have eaten in many lovely places but these scones were the best I had ever had I would revisit just for them! We discussed the area and things to do places to eat etc we had already booked tables at the Wellington inn Lund and the Pipe and glass both of which are well worth the visit. We were shown to our room and it was lovely there was music playing as we entered which set the mood . The bathroom was stunning to be honest everything was perfect the view the music the whole set up. Every time we went downstairs we were met with Joanne the chef Joanne the hostess Joanne and the lovely dog not forgetting to mention her lovely husband david who was also just as charming. We visited the beaches and had lovely drives on Joanne's recommendation. We slept well and then came breakfast! My boyfriend is a trained chef and a very good one and we were both amazed at the quality and amount of food provided. Joanne prides herself on using local produce and so she should it was lovely, the best breakfast I have tasted ( sorry Liam) there were cereals juices, smoothies, fresh fruit, yoghurts, homemade bread, toast, tea, coffee, and a choice of cooked breakfast each morning I ate so much before the hot breakfast I had to stick with poached egg or scrambled even though I really wanted to try the full english but my choice was lovely cooked and served to perfection. At night when we came in Joanne was there to greet us talking about our evening, she was a perfect hostess and made us feel at home and very well looked after. All in all this was a perfect weekend an important one for us as my boyfriend was off on tour to afghan a few weeks after so the trip needed to be just right and it was we didn't want to leave! If your looking for comfort, great food a beautiful setting with amazing hosts and the perfect room for a romantic get away then I would strongly reccomend here. I don't revisit many places as like to experience others but I can assure you we will be back here. And I personally just can't wait!

Room Tip: We stayed in the harewood, comfy with a bath in a huge window a very romantic room we thought
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank vickytcheshire

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 May 2012

My husband and I stayed here in April 2011 it was the best place I have ever stayed. Amazing rooms, amazing breakfast, amazing host. The only critisim is that we could not stay and have one of the best scones I have ever tasted for afternoon tea, I am not joking either. Jo is so brilliant and will sit and chat to you and get you whatever you need. Hope to return sometime and make use of the outdoor pool!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2012

What a real delight to spend a few days with Joanne and David in their beautiful home! We were really fortunate to stay in the Sledmere suite, so not only had a wonderful bedroom, with so many thoughtful extra details, but also had a 'downstairs' which gave us access to our own entrance. So many little extras, it's difficult to know what to recommend the most, but the spa bath, great i-pod docking station, and home-made fudge in the hospitality box are definitely high on the list.
Despite choosing what was probably the wettest week of spring, we were able to get a couple of good walks without getting soaked, and then back 'home' where we were made most welcome and comfortable in the conseratory and sitting room.
From our greeting on day one, with complimentary afternoon tea [including Joanne's scrummy home made scones], through to wonderful breakfasts, which are ample to set you going for the whole day, and Joanne & Dave's recommendations for good local restaurants, this was a really special break.
I can highly recommend Kilham Hall, and will certainly be going back. From early May, there's a heated outdoor pool for guests to use, and even tennis/croquet for the energetic.

Room Tip: wi-fi reception was a little flaky upstairs when we stayed, but no problem at all downstairs. Char...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 March 2012

A wonderful welcome from Joanne was the perfect start to our weekend. After being shown our elegantly presented room we were served warm home made scones and shortly after a complimentary glass of wine. Expect a good nights sleep in the very comfortable bed to be followed by quite possibly the very best breakfast service you will ever receive. The food you will be offered is simply superb. Fresh fruit, home baked bread and perfectly cooked meals come as standard. Joanne who owns and runs this place really is the best host you will meet and raises the bar on personal service. The rooms have robes and slippers and home made fudge and these small touches all add to the fabulous appeal of this wonderful hotel.

• Stayed March 2012
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2011

To be honest I have never posted a review before but I thought this place was definitly worth the effort.
A wonderful place to stay, lovely decor, delicious food - many choices for breakfast. What makes this place is the attention to detail and Joanna. Joanna could not do enough to ensure that we enjoyed our time and relaxed after our busy wedding day. A complimentary bottle of champagne in our suite on arrival, homemade scones and tea and she even dropped us off at a nearby pub/ restaurant which Joanna recommended and indeed served wonderful meals.
I would certainly recommend this to others.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Uley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 October 2011

This is a first class boutique B&B. Kilham Hall is a beautiful house, lovingly restored by Joanne & David, who make you feel so welcome in their house.

My partner and I got engaged here, and Joanne was very helpful in ensuring everything was perfect for that moment.

We stayed in the Fairfax room which is beautifully decorated, has a very comfy big bed and some steps down to the spacious en-suite with its under-floor heating, fab shower and White Company products. A nice touch in the room is the CD player, we enjoyed some background music, which can actually be preferable to the TV when you go away.

The living room downstairs and the conservatory are beautiful and offer plenty of space for guests to chill out. Their garden is stunning, although we only caught a short amount of late afternoon sun, as it was much colder when we stayed. Tea and scones on arrival is a nice touch, and the glass of wine for all guests before their evening dinner commitments is also very welcome.

Joanne's breakfasts are perfect. Full English is A1. Home made bread, smoothie, fresh juice etc. So many nice touches.

We ate at both pubs in the village. Joanne made the reservations, and both are walkable, which means you can enjoy a drink. Both serve great food and are very traditional English pubs.

Overall, a superb break at a top rate boutique B&B.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2011

We have stayed here 4 times now and it is absolutely superb every time. Joanne and David are brilliant hosts and it is a pleasure to be able to stay in such a wonderful house. Very relaxing, the decor is superb in every aspect. Nothing is too much trouble and there is everything you could need in the room, all the little touches are great, homemade fudge, toiletries, bathrobes, slippers, towles for the pool etc. The tea & homemade scone is perfect on arrival, as is the glass of wine early evening, after a game of tennis. The breakfast and choice is second to none, service is excellent. The facilities are excellent and its great to be able to play tennis and go swimming. The Harewood suite is fantastic and the jacuzzi bath is the cherry on top of the cake. It's in walking distance of 2 great pubs, both serving good food, lots of places to see in the area. No hesitation in recommending a stay here, you will have a fabulous time. We will definately be staying again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kilham
Best Western The Bell In Driffield
The Old Mill Hotel & Restaurant
Forty One
Forty One
#4 of 17 in Driffield

Been to Kilham Hall? Share your experiences!