“Lovely little surprise.”
Review of Blue Bell Hotel

Blue Bell Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Burton Agnes
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

We passed this place on route from Scarborough to Driffield and noticed it by the bouncy castle/slides been put up outside. Popped in on the way back so the kids could play from arrival to going home all the staff we encountered were friendly and polite and we was informed even tho we wasn't staying at the hotel the castles were free (the magic word even tho we was well prepared to pay!) we ordered food (bar food) which was swiftly served, Nicely presented and tasty. So well done people your doing the trade proud and Thankyou for a pleasurable experience.

Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed 16 July 2014

You have the choice of two or three different menus depending on the type of meal you want. No matter what you choose, whether it is a roast meal or a special offer, it is always freshly cooked, very tasty and you get a good helping. Served as quickly as possible by friendly staff who always ask if there are any extra condiments you require. Definitely a place to visit again and again,

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank pebbly52
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We were recommended Blue Bell Hotel near Bridlington by some close friends....and we had a great time and a fab meal. We were told when we arrived that they were very busy and we may need to wait a bit longer than normal for our meal ..but that was fine, and the meal was well worth the wait.
Thanks everyone great job and we will see you soon..

1  Thank Philip H
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Staff were very rude not child friendly my son who has a few problems dribbled on the floor in the toilet and the staff embarrassed him saying its was his mess he should clean it up he is 6 he was upset and I was furious never will I visit again and the food was not nice either cold and dry is the only way to describe it dreadful place sayin my child should have training pants how dare they

• Stayed: May 2014
8  Thank kiri m
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Now before I start with the negatives let me start by saying this was not my first visit to this establishment, I have attended the restaurant in the past & the service has been satisfactory.

Upon arrival the woman running front of house in the bar/restaurant area was not welcoming in the slightest.
The way she came across was not professional.

When we asked for a bottle of wine it was provided in a bucket with minimal ice mainly water, it seems like it was a bucket that had been used previously for another customer.
The bucket wasn't provided with a serving cloth which meant that water was spilled when the woman in question first poured the wine meaning the table was wet.

When we all ordered the steak pies we were told that "you'll have to wait 20mins for it" now we were not fussed about the delay as we understand that it was made to order but simply the way in which one goes about interacting with a customer makes a big difference, wording such as "can I just inform you that because this dish is made fresh to order it will be around a 20min wait is that okay?" The tone & context makes all the difference I'm sure you'll agree.

The meal arrived & everything seemed okay except we didn't get the boat of vegetables which we got last time, we don't know why?

Whilst eating my food I found a hair in my meal, it was 100% a hair of that I have no doubt, it was found in the garden peas.
As I'm sure you'll agree this is something that put me off my meal & unfortunately spoilt the rest of the food.

When the meals were finished & collected we mentioned to the gent who was serving the meals (tattoos & facial hair) that we found a hair to which he said (and seriously this isn't a joke) "NICE!" & that was it he then just took the finished meals away.
How that can be any form of customer service is beyond a joke! The very first thing he should have said is I am sincerely sorry for this & looked to see how he could rectify the situation.

We then overheard the woman speaking to the chef on the phone & she then confirmed that it was a bristle off a paint brush!
This sounded very strange why would a paint brush be in a kitchen?
She then confirmed it was a brush that was used for painting pastries etc.

I can again 100% confirm this was incorrect it was a human hair! However even though we had the hair she didn't once ask to see it, just fobbed us off saying that all the chefs etc had short hairs & hair nets. (This was all done in a very abrupt manner & yet again very unprofessional)

She then confirmed she would knock off my meal from the bill, this in my eyes was a mediocre attempt at rectifying the situation instead a question of "how can we rectify this for you sir?" would have been the correct way to go about a situation like this.

Upon paying for the meal the woman said that "if (she) had seen the hair then she would have given more of a toss"
This is completely absurd! How can you speak to a customer like this!?!?!?!

6  Thank simon g
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Had two nights here, Nice little hotel, nice area and view, lovely rooms, good breakfast (didnt get to try dinner). Everything thats required really. Bar was good and reasonably priced, only minor negative was staffing was a bit up and down!! At times there were loads at other times one person was left to run the full place but not really a big issue. If you are looking for a hotel in this area this is a good option.

Room Tip: Room 5 was larger than the others with extra window!
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Utterly terrible service with total confusion among the staff on how to serve drinks and food.

We were travelling as a group of 5 cyclists and decided to use the Blue Bell as our lunch stop.
The first two people in our group waited 15 minutes to be served. Once served the barmaid did not know how much to charge them for their food order.

The second two people waited another 15 minutes to be served. At this point it was too late to order their food as it would have delayed the whole party leaving and keeping to the schedule. Subsequently they went without any lunch. Just what you need on a 100K cycling ride.
In summary, the bar staff were disorganised. Not acknowledging which customers had been waiting the longest. Trying to give change to customers who had not even paid. Also no having sufficient change in the till and not knowing how to charge correctly.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
#27 of 117 in Bridlington
No photo provided
The Star Inn
#1 of 1 in Nafferton

Been to Blue Bell Hotel? Share your experiences!