“Great find on last day in Langkawi”
Review of Mangoes

Mangoes
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: European, German, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Unfortunately, we only came here on our last day in Langkawi. Otherwise we would have discovered earlier how much the other touristy restaurants just rip you off for not so great food! The place was cosy, welcoming, and most importantly unbelievably cheap! The portions were HUGE and the owner was beyond welcoming. Me and my husband both had the Australian burgers which were huuuuuge! I struggled with it but found it very delicious with great quality meat. My husband wasn't a big fan of the burger mainly due to the fact that it had beet-root and he found that strange. I also ordered and avocado salad as a side dish and it was refreshing. The bill was less than 20$ which was surprising since we got used to paying at least 40$ for any decent meal in Langkawi. My advice to tourists: AVOID TOURISTY RESTAURANTS!

1  Thank SubhanOkaily

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Having read the reviews we got our taxi driver to drop us here after a tour of the island. Great cheap drinks and a menu of hearty dishes including a number of specials. I had roast lamb and my husband had ribs. Both dishes were plentiful and excellent. One if the cheapest but best meals we had on Langkawi. An added bonus was that the owner took us back to the hotel as our taxi didn't turn up!

2  Thank LillyP66
Reviewed 21 June 2014

What a surprise greets you as you enter Mangoes. It is situated in a back street, very understated entrance...then you walk into a setting of a veranda in tropical bush, open air, sea views with lots of efficient fans and you are immediately heartily greeted by Michelle and feel totally relaxed and at home. The menu is simple and has lots of variety of western dishes. The meal was generous and really delicious, especially the mango crepe for dessert! Everyone there seemed to be relaxed and having a great time. The service was excellent and prices very reasonable. It is a great restaurant and we will definitely be back!!

2  Thank Sage2724
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Went to Mangoes on a number of evenings for dinner during my three week stay in Langkawi.
Very high standard of food at reasonable prices with many different choices make this a favourite restaurant for me and numerous friends I have taken there.
Michele, Lutz and the staff run a first class, unique restaurant which I thoroughly recommend to anyone. You will not be disappointed.

1  Thank Penny G
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My Indonesian wife and I are now regular visitors to Mangoes where we love the sub tropical environment, the food is simple but great and the service from Michele and Lutz is prompt and pleasant.
The open space and lack of a/c is a blessing as you can feel every breeze coming through the trees from the ocean that is only meters away.
Thanks Michele and Lutz, will definitely see you again soon.
Allan and Nia