“Wonderful”

Demeure Saint Vincent
Perth
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We arrived at about 6pm one evening (after a long 30 hours of international travel) at Daniel and Michele's lovely B&B. We were welcomed warmly and quickly taken to our rooms which had everything we required and more. Our two young children were also made very welcome and we chatted to both Michele and Daniel for some time after we sat in their lovely kitchen having our takeaway pizza. They are warm and friendly hosts and were of no end of help to us whilst we were with them. The breakfast was divine - the Creme Catalan just to die for! I should also say that it is less of a B&B room than a complete apartment. It had two bedrooms, one sitting/living area and a bathroom. All are very spacious. We decided to stay for another night after we enjoyed the first so much. The following day Michele went with us to the market in the village and helped us to buy some amazing brie cheese and gorgeous strawberries. I thoroughly recommend this B&B which is an amazing old house. The rooms are very well fit out with all that you would need, the breakfasts wonderful and the hosts perfect. It is also very easy to get to bustling Perpignan and surrounding areas from the B&B. The village is small but well equipped. 5 stars.

Room Tip: We had the family room which was excellent for us with our two children. It also included an tea fo...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
majb-djbh, Propriétaire at Demeure Saint Vincent, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Thank you for your appreciation. We like helping our hosts to make a success of their visit to our place and vin our region It is nice to see that the information we have assemble and share are useful. All the best for the rest of your stay in France.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 29 September 2013

This is a gem of a B&B, a great bases for exploring Cathar castles and more. Michelle and Daniel are wonderful hosts, offering beautifully decorated rooms, substantial breakfasts - different every day (with thoughtful touches like maple syrup and French toast for us Canadian guests). The walled back garden is an oasis of palms and huge, 200 year old plane trees. Daniels English in particular is excellent. They were a source of advice and maps for the many things to do in the area. The only drawback is the town of Estagel itself. Which we found pretty dreary. There is a brasserie and a few pizza places, but other than that, no nice restaurants in the town, although there are some great places a few km away. A highlight of our trip was a shared evening meal table d'hôtel with other guests. Michelle is a wonderful cook ! They also offered their patio for us to use for picnics, pizza etc. A warm and welcoming taste of the area.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Meg S
Portland, OR
Reviewed 15 July 2012

This was my first stop on a partial walking tour of the Sentier du Cathar, and it was a very lucky choice. I lost my wallet with all my cash and credit cards on the way to Perpignan, and fortunately for me the proprietor, Daniel Henry, picked me up at the airport. He was very sympathetic and unbelievably helpful, lending me his cell-phone for the tedious non-stop long distance telephoning, providing a glass of wine to calm me down and cheer me up, and ultimately acting as intermediary with his bank for the funds I needed to continue my trip. Without Daniel, instead of a big nuisance and a terrible fright it would have been a total disaster. I shouldn't neglect to mention their charming young child and two dogs, all three of whom did all they could to restore my sense of perspective and enjoyment.
Aside from that debt of personal gratitude, it was a wonderful experience. The room was spacious and comfortable, very comfortable bed and chair, window looking out onto their lovely garden. I apparently had not informed Henrys that I am gluten-intolerant; nonetheless, Mrs. Henry resourcefully worked out a fresh apricot torte using rice flour for breakfast, that was heavenly. I left feeling that I have two dear friends in Estagel; this is what the B&B experience is all about. (Estagel was actually a nice place to begin the Sentier, also.)

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Boston
Reviewed 11 June 2012

My wife and I stayed for three nights at Demeure Saint Vincent at the end of May, 2012, while exploring the ruined Cathar Castles and other places of interest (the Priory of Serrabone, Abbey of Saint-Michel-de-Cuxa, Saint-Martin-du-Canigou Abbey, etc). We could not have been happier with our choice. Michele and Daniel are wonderful hosts, speak fluent English. Their advice on what to see and where to eat was perfect. We stayed in the African room and loved it. The breakfast was different on all three days and always delicious. I hope one day we could stay at that place again.

Room Tip: African - large, quiet, modern bath.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank linkrus
Richmond Hill, Canada
Reviewed 27 December 2011

We were looking for a one night stop over on our way to the coast and we were thrilled to find this exquisite B&B. Daniel (a fellow Canadian!) and Michele were warm and welcoming hosts and their home is stunning. Daniel greeted us with a local apperitif in the gorgeous back garden with grand plane trees. Our triple bedroom was large and well appointed. Also a lovely dinning room for a great homemade breakfast. A close walk to a lovely home style dinner as well. We wish we had booked another night and highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2011

The owners are just wonderful and provide beautiful food and homely comfort. This was a highlight of our 7 week trip from Australia. The building is restored to it's former glory with a gorgeous garden where they serve breakfast.
Both speak English also!

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank Dishmoptop
Sun City West, Arizona
Reviewed 11 May 2011

My husband and I had a wonderful stay at Demeure Saint Vincent. Michele and Daniel are wonderful hosts, very accommodating, knowledgeable and serve a wonderful breakfast. Wine in the room, candy, everything fresh for breakfast. We could not have asked for more! It is also right in town, so we took a walk for a glass of wine and beer one evening.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple