“BBQ & views” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Griffin Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Restaurants in Fletching
Price range: US$39 - US$49
Cuisines: Bar, European, British, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“BBQ & views”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

Lovely BBQ available in the garden which has lovely views over the downs. free parking and decent cask ales.

Visited August 2014

Worth, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sunday lunch with friends”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

Excellent Sunday lunch shared with friends visitng from overseas. A small confusion with our booking but they made up for it with free drinks all around. Excellent meal, lovely atmosphere, great surroundings.

• Visited July 2014
Fletching, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A very disappointing meal at the Griffin”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

I have just visited the Griffin for a meal in the bar. The starter was very pleasant and the wine very good however my main course of mackerel fillets ( although there was in fact only one small fillet) beggared belief. In addition to the very small amount of mackerel there was a portion of potato salad which seemed to be made from from shop bought mayonnaise and a few chives, such as I might serve with cold meat for Monday supper. The dish was supposedly to be served with rhubarb compote but that was only a smear which I missed until my partner pointed it out to me! This should have cost £15 at a time of year when mackerel is very cheap and plentiful. In fairness when my partner expressed our dissatisfaction my meal was given to us free but it spoiled our visit to the Pub. We live locally and have eaten at the Griffin many times but will not be returning at present.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Brighton, United Kingdom
“superb views, lovely venue”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

I would have given this pub 5 stars but the meal I had was very disappointing. The pappardelle was very bland and one dimensional flavour wise. Its a great venue with a beautiful beer garden, and other food being served looked very attractive, so I'd be willing to try it one more time before abandoning all hope.

Swindon
“Excellent…..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

We booked for 12noon and arrived late due to traffic, the staff were very understanding and we were greeted well, food choice was great as was the wine list service super very frendly staff chatty and good at their job… all in all an excellent experiance and we will be back to stay for a weekend…