“my experiences at the Amerispa”

Amerispa Spa Nordique Cantley
Ranked #2 of 5 things to do in Cantley
More attraction details
Owner description: Live the thermal spa experience in the Laurentian Forest of Cantley in Outaouais. Alternating between hot and cold will bring a sense of calm and serenity to your body. Health and well-being are at your fingertips.
Reviewed 9 June 2013

I'd like to say I was a frequent flyer at the Nordic, yes it's real nice, fancy and huge, but at this point, waiting 2 + hrs to get in to have spend an afternoon where it's no longuer quiet and serene like it used to be. It's just too big, soo I ventured out to the Cantley Amerispa, yes they have some tweaking to do, the food took a little long twice ,but the Bistro owner has life etiquette and made up for it, discounted the tab for it.The facility is actually very clean, I disagree that the staff is rude, I've been there 5 times and it's never been an issue. the services are awesome, I have to say Lorraine, esthetician was amazing and fully took care of both me when I went by myself and then me and my mother. I sincerely hope they don't get as big as the other SPA for like always something as to give,. customer service at the Cantley SPA is there. I hope this little paradise stays open for a long time.
Louise T

7  Thank Louise T

Reviewed 1 June 2013

I took my girlfriend here for our first anniversary, expecting a pleasant spa experience. I bought us massage treatments as well as presented a Groupon for Bleu Spa (the name of this spa before Amerispa took over) that I was told over the phone they would honor because we were paying for massages.

The first receptionist at the front desk was very nice and went to check if the Groupon was acceptable, and then told me the total. I could pay it then or after our visit was over. I decided to pay later because we were a few minutes late for the massages already.
The massages were fine, they were rushed and we'd both had better but this has nothing to do with the facility itself and is more specific to who you get as a massage therapist.
The spa itself though was disappointing. The steam bath area smelled of wet feet, no aromatherapy scents at all; did not make us want to stay in there for more than two minutes.
The hot tub had a *lot* of hair at the drain on the floor; I stepped in it and that made us laugh a little even though it just added to the disappointment with the experience.
I had been to Le Nordik many times and figured we should try this place; what a disappointment.
To top it all off, I was told a different amount to settle at the end of the visit, more than the original bill. Essentially the Groupon did not fully apply for some reason now. I explained what the previous receptionist had told me and she did not budge; I said that I should have paid at the beginning then and she said yes, you should have. Not very nice of her, was that.

Anyway, I have been to many spas that offer the same services and I do not recommend this one at all. Go to Le Nordik. Yes, it is way busier usually but you will feel like you are getting your money's worth, unlike at Amerispa in Cantley. Never again for us, unfortunately.

7  Thank Phil S
Reviewed 28 March 2013

The staff were very friendly, and most certainly the place was clean. We had use of the pools and we had a nice relaxing massage. What a lovely experience. I am glad we went.

4  Thank junoyow
Reviewed 27 February 2013

I was there on Feb 17th with friends for the first time and really enjoyed my afternoon. I booked a relaxing massage and the young lady did a very good job following time spent in the sauna, the different pools and the resting room where it was very peasant. The place was not packed of people that's what I liked and the staff was very nice. I will return it anytime....

5  Thank L P
Reviewed 18 February 2013

My wife and I went on Sunday, February 10. We both had a massage and really liked it. We found the staff very friendly and professional.

The complex is not big but beautiful, clean and relaxing. We spent 6 hours there and loved it. The steam room and the relaxing areas were our favorites.

We had diner at the restaurant , the atmosphere, the food and the service was excellent. My wife really enjoyed the chicken pesto pizza with salad.

We will definitely go back.

Charles