“Very Disappointing”

Amerispa Spa Nordique Cantley
Ranked #2 of 5 things to do in Cantley
More attraction details
Owner description: Live the thermal spa experience in the Laurentian Forest of Cantley in Outaouais. Alternating between hot and cold will bring a sense of calm and serenity to your body. Health and well-being are at your fingertips.
Ottawa, Canada
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Very Disappointing”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

This spa doesn't compare to Le Nordik at all. They have 1 'hot' pool that is not very hot, a warm pool (cool) and a colder pool. They have 1 steam room and 1 sauna. The spa isn't very busy and now I know why. It is a waste of money. Spend the extra $11 and go to Nordik. You get what you pay for.

Visited October 2013
5 Thank 1414_14

ottawa
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“small and quiet”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

This is a small spa about a half hour from Ottawa. It has a steam room, a dry sauna and a whirlpool. It also has a few other pools of different temperatures. There`s a good but expensive bistro. What we like there is that it is quiet at the beginning of the week. There`s nothing more annoying than trying to relax when a spa is so crowded that you have to wait for people to leave before you`re allowed to enter.
Service is good and all you need is included in the price. We liked it so much that we have become members.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank klodio
Ottawa, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Relaxing day”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We went during the week, so we were lucky. Had the spa to ourselves until 4:00 p.m. The massages were wonderful. The only thing that was distracting was the noise of the traffic, especially from the large trucks.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Colleen04_13
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“my experiences at the Amerispa”
Reviewed 9 June 2013

I'd like to say I was a frequent flyer at the Nordic, yes it's real nice, fancy and huge, but at this point, waiting 2 + hrs to get in to have spend an afternoon where it's no longuer quiet and serene like it used to be. It's just too big, soo I ventured out to the Cantley Amerispa, yes they have some tweaking to do, the food took a little long twice ,but the Bistro owner has life etiquette and made up for it, discounted the tab for it.The facility is actually very clean, I disagree that the staff is rude, I've been there 5 times and it's never been an issue. the services are awesome, I have to say Lorraine, esthetician was amazing and fully took care of both me when I went by myself and then me and my mother. I sincerely hope they don't get as big as the other SPA for like always something as to give,. customer service at the Cantley SPA is there. I hope this little paradise stays open for a long time.
Louise T

Visited June 2013
7 Thank Louise T
Gatineau, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Dirty and smelly facilities, impolite staff”
Reviewed 1 June 2013

I took my girlfriend here for our first anniversary, expecting a pleasant spa experience. I bought us massage treatments as well as presented a Groupon for Bleu Spa (the name of this spa before Amerispa took over) that I was told over the phone they would honor because we were paying for massages.

The first receptionist at the front desk was very nice and went to check if the Groupon was acceptable, and then told me the total. I could pay it then or after our visit was over. I decided to pay later because we were a few minutes late for the massages already.
The massages were fine, they were rushed and we'd both had better but this has nothing to do with the facility itself and is more specific to who you get as a massage therapist.
The spa itself though was disappointing. The steam bath area smelled of wet feet, no aromatherapy scents at all; did not make us want to stay in there for more than two minutes.
The hot tub had a *lot* of hair at the drain on the floor; I stepped in it and that made us laugh a little even though it just added to the disappointment with the experience.
I had been to Le Nordik many times and figured we should try this place; what a disappointment.
To top it all off, I was told a different amount to settle at the end of the visit, more than the original bill. Essentially the Groupon did not fully apply for some reason now. I explained what the previous receptionist had told me and she did not budge; I said that I should have paid at the beginning then and she said yes, you should have. Not very nice of her, was that.

Anyway, I have been to many spas that offer the same services and I do not recommend this one at all. Go to Le Nordik. Yes, it is way busier usually but you will feel like you are getting your money's worth, unlike at Amerispa in Cantley. Never again for us, unfortunately.

Visited June 2013