“Nice venue for a quick breakfast or lunch”
Review of Taylor's Cafe

Taylor's Cafe
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Phone: (08) 9250 8838
England
“Nice venue for a quick breakfast or lunch”
Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

This is quirky cafe/art studio handily situated just off the main road. The dishes are freshly prepared and of good quality. The kitchen seems to specialise in vegetarian dishes and I would recommend trying one of these.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank DTJD

London
“Very nice”
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Had lunch here with parents and baby. Great welcome, nice selection of good quality food, delicious coffee. Lovely outdoor setting. Would definitely make this our local if we lived nearby.

Visited January 2014
Perth, Australia
“A Good Lunchtime Meal With A Friend”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Have had a great breakfast at this café before, so decided on lunch this time. We had the Taylors bugger, a good size burger on bread with a salad, and the Chicken Salad, a well presented meal which tasted as good as it looked. Taylors is found just off the Great Northern Highway in the Swan Valley, far enough away from the noise of the traffic, and found in a courtyard of old farming relics, with shade from the sun. A plus is it is also featured in the Perth Entertainment Book. The only negative side is the range of the lunch options, along with the specials, means that you are restricted to the same choices when you return another time.
Other than that a great hideaway of a café/restaurant.
Worth a visit.

Perth, Australia
“Interesting”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

As my husband's usual day off coincides with that of many Swan Valley restaurants we had to change it in order to visit this highly-recommended venue. Glad we did because brunch was very good and we enjoyed the rustic décor as well as a wander around the gallery & grounds. There is a rather unkempt quality to the latter, with ancient spider webs enveloping rusting machinery & quirky sculptures, but I guess the family is more intent on spending their time pursuing the arts, both fine & culinary.

The Mexican breakfast was delicious, with perfectly-cooked eggs oozing yolks the amazing colour of the currently-flowering West Australian Christmas tree which abounds in the area. I added slow-roasted tomatoes to good effect, and my husband was very happy with his Carnivore Breakfast & good coffee.

We took home some Pumpkin & Spinach Tart for my Mum (also delicious) and a couple of slices of cake for later. Must have been a bad day in the kitchen because both were over-cooked with burnt bases, which was disappointing. All in all a pleasant morning and good reason for a drive to the always-beautiful Swan Valley.

boeing5
“Not even capable of serving coffee and cake”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

My wife and I have been to this cafe a few times and always come away feeling that it is not as good as the number of customers there suggest. As we hadn't been for a while we thought we would give it another go for a morning tea. As usual, the place was busy and waitstaff were still wandering around trying to find tables with mugs of coffee and plates of food in-hand. We ordered a cappuccino and a slice of cake for me and a slice of cake for my wife, the latter with ice-cream. Now when my wife ordered, she specifically asked if the slice of cake would be from a particular cake in the cake cabinet and was told yes it would. Well, the cake turned up after about 30 minutes and no, it was not from the same cake that had been displayed (with beautiful high meringue on top, covered in chocolate) and did not have the ice-cream, so we asked the waitress to check. We ended up getting the ice-cream but the waitress just said that unfortunately the cake served is not cut from the cake in the cabinet. My wife was really disappointed but we didn't take it further as we knew we would have to wait even longer, the service being so slow. My coffee was really strong as they do double-shots which is fine in a mug or other larger vessel but not in a small cup. I requested some hot milk to dilute it and what did I get - hot water!
The owner is also the barista and instead of making coffees behind a machine, he would do better to get out and see what is happening with the customers.