“sunday lunch”
Review of The George Hotel

The George Hotel
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: A lovely old characterful village pub set in the heart of Cullingworths conservation area. Surrounded by fields and moorland. Three wood burning stoves, 7 real ales brewed two mins away by the owner. A large selection of lagers and other beers both draught and bottled. A fully comprehensive wine menu. Fantastic home cooked food created by our team of chefs with locally sourced fresh ingredients and to top it off good old fashioned polite service with a welcoming smile. Now with a newly completed extension used as a dinning room, a brand new kitchen as well all sympathetically built in keeping with the local conservation area.
Reviewed 27 April 2014

good morning everyone nar then me and the wife popped in last sunday for drink and while we were there the smell of food took over us we were going up road for our dinner to another pub but we thought we would try the george since we were here and we were glad we did we ordered a sunday lunch which came after about five minutes red hot and really nice the staff for us could not of been more helpfull.thank-you

1  Thank steveandmadge

Reviewed 27 April 2014

The food here is fantastic. The service however is not. It takes you all day to get a drink at this pub and the staff constantly forget what you ordered and give you the wrong thing.

1  Thank True M
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Went to this place Easter monday about noon and as we just wanted a light meal we all picked from the lite bite menu.I ordered a Pannini with cheese,tuna and onion,with a side of onion rings,my wife picked the steak pie and chips and my mum in law went for the 4 egg omlette and chips.There was a bit of a wait I would say 15 minutes but the food was great,my pannini was a good size role in brown that was oozing with filling this included a nice salad of small leaves and a couple of olives this with the onion rings which I shared went down well,my wifes pie looked very nice a good size pie baked in its own dish and a small basket of chips she was unable to finnish it as it was so filling,My mum in law cleaned her plate and no complaints there,Our only small gripe was the chips were not as hot as we would have liked.I had a pint of the home made beer they have and it was the best! also 2 soft drinks for the lady,s All this and the total bill including drink,s just over £20! amazing I kid you not.The service from the waiter was first class also from the girls behind the bar.10/10 ps dogs allowed a plus for us.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

hi all reading please ignore previous neg comments by a child reviewer, we a real people aged 64 to 88 and we all had a great meal i had king scalop starter followed by the best fish and chips ever the others in our party were also delighted with the food and drinks and we will be back soon

Reviewed 18 April 2014

After already writing a review and being forced to delete it by staff members, I am writing a second review of this awful establishment. I would not usually write a review of a restaurant/bar, however I had possibly the worst social experience I have been through at this pub and I feel that I should warn others of what I encountered, without the threat of having the pub contact my school and tell me to delete my review. I felt this was unfair and did not accurately reflect/let people know of my experience with the establishment.
I, like many others, am a merely a teenager with (admittedly) very little life experience, of course I enjoy the occasional drink at a local pub with friends, which I usually enjoy at a different pub, however this does not mean my review should be cast aside, I like to think of myself as a reasonably well educated student, I study engineering at a fairly prestigious university (The University of Southampton) and unlike many others, understand the difference between humour and blatant rudeness.
One night, I was having a quiet drink with three friends, we were casually chatting in the late hours of the evening and as we were about to leave, the owner/manage (I can't quite be sure which without verification) started a conversation with one of the people whom we were with - due to the fact he works there. This conversation then progressed into insulting not one but two of us due to our physical appearance/dress sense. I am the first to admit that I might not have the looks of Brad Pitt or Jonny Depp, but I was told that 'with my hair, no one would want to marry me' and that my friends dress sense would have no one looking to be his girlfriend either.
As a fairly well humoured guy, I can understand the difference between a bit of banter between friends and a blatant insult, however I assure you that this was both unprovoked and insulting towards both myself and my friend whom were appalled at these statements.
I have already been forced to delete this review by staff members when they contacted my school, however after having being confronted about writing my review IN A CLUB by a staff members friend/relative (clearly 'not man enough to confront me himself'), I felt urged to re-review the pub.
I feel that if you are under the age of 25 and do not possess the genes of Channing Tatum or Angelena Jolie, then this is not your place to dine, save yourself the hassle and the insults from the owner and dine somewhere else, otherwise if you can (quote family member of the pub) 'handle the banter like a man' then this is an excellent establishment to be both riled about physical appearance and questioned on ones personal dress sense.
Hopefully the pub will accept responsibility for its' actions and understand that this behaviour is unacceptable, regardless the age of a customer, and not force me to delete this review and apologise to staff members.
This experience was disgusting, I hope that at least one person will read my review and boycott this establishment, as I do not believe vindication is acceptable on any level, regardless of age or personal experience. Thanks for reading, I shall not be forced to delete this review again, I have already been forced to unjustly once, goodnight!

22  Thank AG1995