“Nice small hotel near highway”

Beenleigh Yatala Motor Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Yatala
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

We stopped here on our way to Brisbane and it was easy to find just off the highway.
The room had two comfy double beds which was great!
The rooms had been tastefully renovated too.
For food there is a small restaurant on-site and the pool is good in summer.
The only thing is the noise from the train right next door can be off putting so keep the bathroom doors closed to keep it out.
I had a good nights sleep otherwise.

• Stayed: June 2014
Leath H, Owner at Beenleigh Yatala Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Thanks for staying with us and for writing such a wonderful review.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

I stayed one night recently on business at this hotel as the accommodation was close to where I needed to be the following morning for work. The previous night I stayed in a 'hell hole' (and that is probably giving them too much praise) near Brisbane again for work and due to no other accommodation available in the area I needed to be. So anyway on arrival to here I was feeling very apprehensive as due to the previous nights Hotel I quickly learned photos on a Hotels website can be VERY deceiving!!
When I arrived at the Beenleigh Yatala Motor Inn I was pleasantly surprised. I was greeted by extremely friendly hosts who promptly showed me to my room. The room was quite nice, spacious, spotless and a very comfortable bed. the bathroom was especially nice,very modern, spacious and what you would see in a good 4 star City Hotel I think.
Breakfast can be ordered the previous day and delivered to your room. Mine came right on time, one small note sorry :) I ordered and paid for a pot of tea with my breakfast and it never came with it. Not a big deal but I like a good cup before a busy day and didn't really have time to go to reception, wait............etc...
Only a small thing but nevertheless.
There was a little noise outside but what I noticed from previous posts is you ensure doors and windows are closed and it wasn't an issue. All in all if you are looking for accommodation in that particular region I think it is a good choice.
Ps. the Yatala Pie Shop is right near it and make the nicest pies if your interested.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Leath H, Manager at Beenleigh Yatala Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

A lovely review thankyou so much. I am sincerely apologetic regarding your missing pot of tea. I would like to investigate this further, would you mind emailing me directly ATT: (Leath Hagstrom) on info@beenleighyatalamotorinn.com.au with your last name and date of stay. I can also then make a note on your card file for next time you stay so we can make it up to you!

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Lovely hosts, spotlessly clean large room, very comfy bed, wonderful shower and the meals ordered from the restaurant were excellent. Undercover parking an added bonus. Although located close to the highway and a rail line, there was no problem with noise and we slept well.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lincoln67

Thankyou for your wonderful review, and reassurance that the noise is not so bad. Yes we air our rooms daily by leaving the glass doors a little open. If people don't close them before they go to sleep, there will be traffic and noise from other guests coming into their rooms. I also recommend that they close the bathroom door as noise will come in through the ventilation window and into their room. Thanks for your positive feedback and we look forward to seeing you again one day.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

Stayed here for convenience to job site for 3 nights. Nice and tidy motel and very clean, and I'm fussy, but wouldn't stay again because of uncomfortable bed. Hubby and I would get up each night at all hours to have hot shower and consume copious amounts of pandadol for bad backs. May as well have slept on floor. Although they recommend to close glass doors and bathroom windows/ doors, heavy trucks and trains constantly woke us. With so much broken sleep by third day was wanting to check out and drive the extra to southport for a decent bed and nights sleep. We should have as the last night a group of truckies staying there too decided to party outside our room on verandah till all hours. My advice take the extra twenty minutes to drive south for a better selection of dining....( absolutely nothing around yatala) and a comfy bed. Again staff and cleanliness excellent but could not compensate for that bed and lack of sleep.

Room Tip: Recommend ground floor.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We appreciate the feedback and are sorry to hear that your stay was not as enjoyable as hoped.

In response to your feedback, we would like to let you know that we have had many guests who enjoy a firm bed. However, with the invention of Pillowtop mattresses, we have noted guest preferences and have indeed decided to get these in the near future.

I am sorry that there were men talking and keeping you up, it is our policy to move anyone inside to their rooms after 10pm if we hear anything happening. Sometimes its a good idea to call reception, as these issues are easily remedied. Wishing you the best in your future accommodation choices.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

Basic accommodation woke up in morning with bad back .you always wonder do the owners have a selection of staff try these beds before they buy. Or are hard beds cheaper? My husband was amazed to see a fan opposite the shower head ...is there a safe and health law in Queensland for this?. We showered with power off as neither of us wanted to get electrocuted from shower water inadvertently splashing in.
Dined in restaurant ..was told to get in before being booked out. I counted 8 people that night.. Asked for Irish coffees ...didn't know how to make it so ended up with cup of black coffee with a shot of whiskey on the side! We won't be staying there again, I think the extra time to South port would be worth the better selection of motels.. Guests as far as I could see we're mainly truck drivers!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Leath H, Owner at Beenleigh Yatala Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

In response to your feedback, we would like to let you know that we have had many guests who enjoy a firm bed. However, with the invention of Pillowtop mattresses, we have indeed decided to get these in the near future.

Regarding the shower, the fans that are installed met with the building code and regulations, being above head level. However, we have also had safety switches installed in the event that someone would be inclined to twist the showerhead up to try and direct water to the area of the fan.

I would also like to apologize for the waitress in the restaurant. This feedback has been taken back to our restaurant staff and we will ensure that further training is conducted.

Although we do often have truck drivers staying with us, we also happily accommodate families, travellers, and businessmen and women. Our clientele is quite diverse and we regularly see different guests interacting with each other during their stay.

Again, thank you for taking the time to give us your detailed feedback. We appreciate the opportunity to improve our facilities for future guests.

Reviewed 14 June 2013

We stayed 2 nights so we could be close to Movieworld and also relatives. First, when we arrived the rain was pouring down and we really appreciated the undercover parking outside our unit so we could unload without getting wet.

The owners are very helpful and made us feel welcome. Coffee/tea, milk and sugar was waiting for that welcome break after driving through the rain. The unit was spacious and opened onto the pool area which had lots of lovely plants and palms creating a relaxing area to enjoy.

All was very clean and tidy, plenty of linen etc. The location was about 15 mins from Movieworld which suited us, away from the congestion of the gold coast, but close to all.

Although the motel is situated with the motorway nearby, with the noise reduction wall, we didn't have a problem with noise at night, but if you would, maybe ask for a back unit.

Room Tip: If you have issues with noise, ask for a back unit
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joybell8
Leath H, Owner at Beenleigh Yatala Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review. We try to do whatever we can to ensure our guests have a comfortable stay, especially if they've been travelling or driving, like yourselves. I'm so glad to hear that you felt welcome and enjoyed your stay with us, and we look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed 29 April 2013

Stayed for one night for business. Rooms great size with all the amenities. It was clean, comfortable and quiet at night. Very good value. I would recommend it for an affordable overnight stay and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013
Leath H, Owner at Beenleigh Yatala Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It's good to hear that we were able to supply everything you needed for your business trip. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and we look forward to seeing you again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Yatala
McNevins Motel Loganholme
InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort
Springwood Motor Inn
Springwood Motor Inn
#1 of 1 in Springwood

Been to Beenleigh Yatala Motor Inn? Share your experiences!