“Fantastic Restaurant”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 July 2014

My husband and I celebrated our marriage at this restaurant. There were 12 of us. That was 5yrs ago. We have been back several times since and never been disappointed. We have eaten all around the world and this one is up there with them. Good value for money.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

How can you beat paying only $35 for a three course meal in a nice atmosphere with good friendly service. I have been here many times and only once did I feel that my meal did not meet the mark. This place is always a favourite.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

The menu is top class and beautifully presented. The service was excellent and so inexpensive for the top notch dining experience. I will definitely be dining here again.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

I got taken here for my birthday as I had always wanted to try it due to other reviews. It was cold when we arrived and the waitress made a fuss about trying to get another heater, telling his the building was old and recently had a fire. I asked for a glass of sparking grape juice for my drink as I am pregnant and felt like a bubbles and was told they only sell it by the bottle - so we ordered a bottle to be told they don't have any but could get some from next door if we want (well of course we do, we ordered it from your menu) then to be told that there is none next door but if we wait they would go get some from the supermarket. We passed. The same thing happened with beer except all but one beer was actually crossed off the menu with a pen - we ordered the only one not crossed off to be told there was none of that either...
We didn't even bother asking for wine, just had a orange juice.
It was so unbelievably loud in there that we couldn't hear each other talk (don't bring your grandad with hearing aids!) the entrees were average to poor, the mains ok if you like simple food, the only thing that was worth the visit was the sticky pudding I had for dessert which was yummy. Good value for money I guess but the food was pretty average so wouldn't expect to pay more. Would not go back.

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

We came here for my dads Birthday wish we hadn't we only came here because they had a voucher given to him by his boss.

Fail 1 very poor slow service sitting here now for nearly two hours and still havent had dessert, big parts of the service when we feel like we were forgotten about.

Fail 2 very noisy just like other reviews on here I admit it was busy but trying to talk to our family was very hard.

Fail 3 the food was avg, the garlic bread I had was the highlight of my meal, the vegetables were raw, grandads beef was very rare and tough, on my partners filo parcel was raw, China plates look like they should have been replaced years ago brown looking once were white.

Won't be coming back, no comparison to Kraut's in Nelson.