“Enjoyed my meal”

Cuisines: Thai
Nelson, New Zealand
“Enjoyed my meal”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Met friends and we all really enjoyed our meals. The service was good and there was a steady stream of takeaways clientele as well as diners. We found the food really tasty no complaints at all - maybe they have changed chefs! This little restaurant is reasonably priced and we were more than happy with the food and service.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank kiwisolargal

Motueka, New Zealand
“Overpriced and not worth visiting.”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Very disappointed with this place. Ordered and spent around $20 on a takeaway, number 62 the Drunken noodle dish. Asked for extra Thai hot and it was bland and lacking any spice whatsoever. The portion size was a joke. Ripped off would be an understatement. The plastic container was 3/4 full at best. 6 pieces/cubes/half strips of chicken? in amongst rice noodles.
Horrible, overpriced, bland and all in all, a best forgotten experience. I wont ever return nor would I ever recommend to others.
You guys need to seriously lift your game.

Visited June 2014
3 Thank Kerry1313
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Disappointed!”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I ordered 3 takeaway dishes and having dined with Chai Yo several years ago and also had recommendations I was confident in our meal being great! We were all bitterly disappointed.
The Pad thai with pork was tasteless and the noodles turned pink from the pink edged, dry pork. The satay chicken was glutinous and tasteless with very few veges and the fried rice though tasty had so few veges and the chicken again was flavourless.
This woiuld be the most disappointing Thai meal I have ever had. Is the chef no longer Thai?

• Visited February 2014