“Very good accomodation, and best view in town”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Labuan Bajo
Bayview Gardens Hotel
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Labuan Bajo
Genoa, Italy
“Very good accomodation, and best view in town”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I've been there in September 2013, and due to a presidential visit it was almost impossible to find any kind of accomodation in town. So I had to share a double room with 2 fellow travellers, and to switch to a different room in the middle of our stay.
The first room was a double with a floor mattress added, and the second one a double with an independent small single room attached.
Both rooms had a bathroom with shower and a big terrace on trees and plants of the hotel's garden (so you don't have to see or hear the road nearby) with the best view possible over Labuanbajo bay, which at sunset is really beautiful.
For the price we paid I consider this a terrific accomodation: both rooms were clean, everything was working properly, the staff was helpful and readly asnswered to our requests, and the breakfast served on the room's terrace was the best I found in my trips (fruit, eggs, toasts, pancakes, and a range of tea and coffe) - but I have to point out that usually I travel through cheap places, so I can't compare it with , say, Sheraton's...
Anyway, I really liked the place, and sharing the room made it a bargain, too: so I think you may find it faulty only if you're used to 5-star international hotels - but I figure they come at a far different price.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank M R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Greek first
Devizes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 September 2013

The rooms are good, breakfast is great, served in your room. The best bit at Bayview Gardens is the staff and views. The staff can't do enough for you, arrange trips, pick you up at the airport, sort out bus tickets, even flag down Bemos for you.
Adrian (the owner) arranged a Komodo boat trip for us which was amazing with fantastic food! Slept on the deck. Do it, you won't regret it

Room Tip: We stayed in two rooms, both had excellent views of the bay. Some rooms have the bathroom of an outs...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Ceska Lipa, Czech Republic
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I have to share with all travellers, this hotel is the best placed in the town, the owner Mr. Adrian has individual approach to everybody, placed in the nice tropical garden with wonderfull view to the harbour. Try and live yourselves. Oldrich (we spent nice stay from 1-5.9.2013

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
München
Reviewed 20 September 2013

We had seen the little town and were happy that we had such a nice, green retreat. Adrian, the dutch owner was a great help in planing our journey (tips for the flights, organization of a nature guide...) - thank you! We had two times wonderful diner on the terrace of our bungalow - together with a great gecko or in the little restaurant, indonesian breakfast was also very nice - so we didn't see any reason to leave our domicile. We got help enough with our luggage - necessary by the steep steps!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights and the main thing I thought was great about it was the air conditioning! It was seriously powerful to the point that we were cold which was great! It was obvious when we arrived that the room hadn't been prepared for our arrival as we only had one towel which had a huge brown stain on it, no toiletries and the double bed had numerous hairs (chest hairs I'm presuming!) and mascara all over it! I was very disappointed seeing as this place had been the pick of the lonely planet book! Breakfast the next day was a disappointment as we had a banana pancake that tasted of nothing, bread that had seen the toaster for maybe 2 seconds and enough jam for one slice even though we had 4 slices! The following day our room was cleaned and we had clean towels but I had asked the previous afternoon for clean towels and nothing happened so we ended up usin our own. We also asked someone to arrange for a drop off the next day and when we arrived I. The morning this hadnt been arranged which was very annoying. The owner leaves a booklet in the room telling his story which I felt was a bit personal as nobody wants to know about his drug taking years in Amsterdam. His story I felt was a bit self righteous! How lonely planet have this as their pick I really don't know! It's ok as a accommodation but they really dot even have the basics down!

• Stayed September 2013
cornwall
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Views superb. Breakfasts awful. Gardens beautiful. Rooms ok, spacious with lovely terraces. Walk down to and back from town ok, and at any rate, regular bemos mean you can avoid the walk. Nice Balinese restaurant about 150 m away. Eat there, great views, good cheap food.

The main point is that there are there types of traveler. The first will sleep through anything. The second regards the very close proximity (they are practically in the room) of cockerels as charmingly rustic. The third resents the loss of sleep due to said bird. I was a vegetarian, but I eat chicken as a result of staying here.

1 Thank garrykingofsurf
Milano
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Let's start from the good: 1) the view from each room terrace towards the bay is stunning, especially at sunset 2) the Dutch owner was very kind and helpful at the time of reservation (via e-mail). Thanks to his suggestion of using the website www.ticketindonesia.info, I have been able to book a number of domestic flights and pay by credit card from abroad 3) the Malaysian guys at the "reception" (not a real one, actually) try to do their best in helping clients.
Well, I think that's all for the good part...in facts, based on previous TA reviews and on Lonel Planet recension, I expected much more from this hotel. The point is that the entire structure is really basic and requires guests to adapt to a number of inconveniences: safe broken, toilet broken, rusty shower, very old and noisy fan, sheets and furniture tired...all that could be acceptable for a cheaper price, but when you think that for about 10 € more per night you can sleep in a western-standard, comfortable and brand new hotel with the same wonderful view (i.e.: La Prima), well, I guess there are no doubts about the right decision to take (unless you dislike big buildings in the middle of the coastline, but this is another matter...)

1 Thank Enric0G71
#12 of 20 in Labuan Bajo
Bintang Flores Hotel
Bintang Flores Hotel
#7 of 41 in Flores

Been to Bayview Gardens Hotel? Share your experiences!