“Spacious Room, Stunning View, Everything is Good except...”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Labuan Bajo
Bayview Gardens Hotel
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Labuan Bajo
Hong Kong, China
“Spacious Room, Stunning View, Everything is Good except...”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

... that some money kept in the safe box inside our rooms was missing on the 2nd day of our stay. My friend has the habit of recording all money she kept in the safebox on her notebook. She found that 1 piece of HK$100 & 1 piece of IDR100,000 were missing when we were back from a 1-day boat trip. All of us checked our money. I found that 1 piece of US100 & 1 piece of IDR100,000 kept in the safebox of my room were also missing. We talked to the Manager and he said nothing like this has ever happened before. He promiised to ask his staff but he gave no answer to us.

We stayed another 4 days and enjoy our stay in Bayview Gardens and Komodo very much. Although I believed my friend, being a cautious woman, would not make any mistake, I doubted if I forgot how much money I brought to LB. I double checked my bank account when I came back home and confirmed a US100 note was stolen.

Although the hotel may not have any liability, the Manager should improve the security of all keys of safeboxes and do not allow just putting those keys at the front desk anymore (that is what we discovered later).

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank mc s
GrahamS88, Owner at Bayview Gardens Hotel, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
I am not aware of any claims of dishonesty from past guests .
These guests claimed that money was taken from a locked safe box in their room.
The code was only known to the guests
The master key is kept in a locked box at the reception desk and is only accessible by the staff at the request of the guest.
My manager offered to involve the police - the guests declined this offer but requested that the manager sign a letter saying that money had been stolen which they intended to present to their insurance company .
My manager refused to comply, as he did not believe that money had been stolen by our staff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Greek first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We booked a room here for our last night in Labuan Bajo (the rest of our time was spent on Kanawa island and on a live-aboard). The staff was super friendly and the room was the best we've had in Indonesia --- clean and comfortable. Unfortunately we arrived just after sunset and had to leave early the next morning, so we didn't have much time to enjoy the incredible terrace with its impressive views of the harbor and surrounding islands. The free breakfast was extensive and quite good. The landscaping and gardening was also amazing. Only a short walk to the main part of Labuan Bajo. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 2, which we thought was great. I think they're all about the same though ...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sporthippie
Taos, New Mexico
Reviewed 14 June 2014

My girlfriend and i stayed at Bayview Gardens in Labuan Bajo and I can say that the rooms are exceptional, the gardens and eco-friendly practices of the hotel are equally impressive….Big thanks to Huberth, Teddy and all of the incredibly kind and caring staff….Aside from taking great care of us, they can set up boat trips and other trips exploring this amazing region….Hopefully, we can go back soon! Thank you!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Bali, Indonesia
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I highly recommend the Bayview Gardens.

The facilities boast an exceptional view of the lovely bay and the developing city-scape of Labuan Bajo.

Overall, the facility is exceptionally clean and the staff works hard to please. However, this is not a full-service facilty (nor does it pretend to be). You can spend more for the illusion of full service elsewhere at a higher price. However, I hasten to add that they do a lovely job of serving a custom-ordered breakfast to your room in the morning which is a nice offering.

The meals served in the dining / bar area were very nice (some of the most simple and clean foods we ate in LB in the best sense).

The rooms include a large outdoor seating area akin to a balcony that overlook the bay. In addition to the spacious rooms, this makes for a comfortable stay.

The personable owner is onsite and engaged.

The facility is a bit hilly, which is why you get the views. However, my young children did not seem to be bothered.

I have been to Flores twice (and stayed here twice) so I have seen the competition - I would be surprised if one were unhappy with the choice absent some overriding constraint such as must have a pool (easily available in LB) or cannot spend more than $x per night, etc. etc.

In short, this is a great spot to launch your adventures in the Komodo National Park or elsewhere in Flores.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank TndtndTndtnd
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Definitely a lovely place to stay in Labuan Bajo. Not the cheapest but worth the money if you need to relax… we spent a couple of days there, just reading a book overlooking the bay. The view is amazing, the sunset too, and all this from your private balcony… !
The staff is ever so helpful and friendly. Only thing, if really we have to look for something to say, would be a swimming pool (as there is no access to the beach in Labuan Bajo).

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

We spent 4 nights at Bayview Gardens recently and would highly recommend it. The view from our private balcony around the whole bay was awesome, all staff very friendly and helpful, rooms are spotless,spacious and the a/c worked really well. They serve breakfast from 5.30 so great if you are up early for diving like us and you can tell them what you want and have as much as you want. We also ate dinner in the hotel one night which was very tasty local food and super cheap. All in all not the cheapest hotel but definitely a good value option in a great spot. Only slight downside was the very steep walk down to the town.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sj112
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

With the most beautifull place with nice views over the harbour, Bayview Gardens is recommend for all travellers who want to enjoy Labuan Bajo and Flores (they arrange good trips)! They switch over from owner in May 2014. I hope they'll keep up the good service and quality! Not cheap but it's worth the money!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple