“Good sleeping and view, not so nice staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Gardena Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Labuan Bajo
Gardena Hotel
Ranked #10 of 23 Labuan Bajo B&B and Inns
Helsinki
“Good sleeping and view, not so nice staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

I think it wasn't that bad. The sleeping quality was good, prices were nice, rooms were clean,view was great, and actually I loved the breakfast! Really good pancakes!! We went to see the other hotels near the pier. Nooot nice- really awful and quite expensive so I think Gardena was the best budget option.

Staff were rude, that is true. And you had to ask thing like blanket and towel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Bali, Indonesia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel has the potential to be really amazing, if just a little extra work was put in. The bungalows are looking shabby and old and the interiors are damp and a bit musty. The breakfast was highly disappointing, there was no choice and we were served thick, stodgy pancakes. Staff were not very welcoming, friendly or helpful and made you feel if you asked for help that you were being inconvenient. The main bonus is the view...with a vista across the port and islands. It takes your breath away, however I'm sure you would find nicer places offering a similar panorama. Certainly won't be rushing back to stay here again. The place needs a complete overhaul and staff need some serious training.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Labuan Bajo hotels

Galway, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

I stayed there for one night. Was distroyed with Bed bug bites. The room was very run down. In the morning something had chewed through my rucksack. And the staff member we dealt with was very rude toward us. I would not stay there again

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Ubud, Indonesia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

This place could be really nice - beautiful view on a pirate style bay, cosy surrounding, quite clean bungalows. But I was really dissapointed with staff behaviour. They were rude. They had a problem to give me breakfast 10 minutes earlier (I had my ferry boat in the morning) even though everything was ready. In the beginning they showed me one bungalow saying lowered price and when I finally decided to take it, they said the price is different and it's my fault I didn't know that. In the morning at 6, 7 o'clock hotel workers start building job - one of them was hammering my bungalow at 6.30! At 7 o'clock the day I was leaving they knocked on my door saying I should give them the key. No respect, no care about a customer, no communication.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
West Glacier, Montana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

We stayed there one night then had to move to another place and ended up spending about a week in L.Bajo total.

The hotel is set on a hillside with beautiful views overlooking the harbor. The rooms are basic bungalows (bed was okay, but no sink) and you can hear your neighbors every move. Luckily we had quite ones.

The bungalow we stayed in was 220,000 and only had a fan and mosquito net. Def overpriced when we could stay down the street for 180,000 with air-con.

When we asked if they had internet, they said 'Yes down at the restaurant.' So we assumed that was included in the price, but we were wrong. The restaurant (it was a different business) would not give out their password unless you bought something and then they would change the password often so you had to keep eating there.

The buffet style breakfast ran out before we arrived and the workers didn't want to make more food, even though we still had almost an hour to eat. Other people had been asking and finally they made some more fried rice and eggs. (Don't offer breakfast if you don't want to make it)

While we were waiting and then eating breakfast a group of people were having issues checking out. The staff kept trying to charge people for fees the guests said they had already paid. It happened our morning there and we met another couple a few days later and told us that the staff tried to double charge them as well. (Ask for a receipt if you pay ANYTHING in advance since they are clearly disorganized or trying to scam people)

The night we stayed I was eaten alive by bugs. Bites on my head, neck, arms, back, legs, etc. When we moved out, after only one night I had to shake the bugs off my bags. (Another girl we met who stayed there was also eaten alive) I don't know why there is such an overabundance of mosquitoes there. (We did not have an issue with bugs at the next place we stayed)

It's overpriced for what you are getting and there are lots of other options in town with much friendlier staff.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Warsaw, Poland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

First of all I have to say that I do not have big expectation from places like this – I understand that it’s not Ritz and so I lower my standards. But this is one of the worst places I stayed in Indonesia

First good thing:
1. Good localization
2. Cheap

Now not so good:
1. Service
What I love in Indonesia the most is people – friendly, kind ,helpful.
This hotel is exactly opposite of it!!! T
he first time during 2 month of traveling it happened that reception not only didn't offered help with a bag (its high on a hill) – but also refused one!!!!
During reservation: ok, no problem
After: “we are busy. You can do it”

I forgot my diary on my bed - I don't need to tell how important is something you wring for last year and when I called next day to find solution to get it back (I offered that somebody will pick it up or they could send it me and I cover all cost of service and transportation), they called me and said – they didn't found it
We had photo moment before we left so I see it in the background – but it was no discussion with them: “we haven’t found it”

So either they were to lazy to help me or.. They found some money inside – and were not honest

Very very not pleasant staff in every aspect!

2. Room
It smells
Bad are very not comfortable
Mosquitera very very!! Dirty and old
No blanket (we ask 3!!!! Times to bring it to us) do we had to use pareo in night – which was really not enough as nights are cold
As we were in rainy season it was raining that evening and when we were back ALL room was in water (about 2 cm) - so all our backs were wet and needless to say – it was pretty dangerous to move around
Bathroom – VERY VERY dirty and smelly
Toilet was not working well (no water )

3. Food
Not a very good quality – but its cheap hotel so – I understand

Room Tip: look for different hotel
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
REDDITCH
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

Stayed here after doing a tour of komodo island. Purely booked on price but it was still a bit more than I expected to pay for this type of accommodation. There is a nice view and if your lucky you can get WiFi from the restaurant next door.

Room Tip: If you want a western style toilet ask as they have rooms with western and eastern toilets. If you w...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends